British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
21st century heathen

Royno Returns

Adam has rejoined the Heathens in place of Kyle Newman, who agreed when he joined us that he would happily stand down if Adam was fit to re-take his place this season. First and foremost I want to say a big thanks to Kyle for the performances he's turned in for us. He has been superb and every Heathens fan that's watched him race will surely agree his efforts will never be forgotten. Maybe one day some time in the future there will be an opportunity for him to turn out for us again, who knows?! Secondly, a huge welcome back to Adam. I love the new kevs (he has got 'Ommer Um' on his butt cheek) :lol:.

Adam takes his place in the fours, with Ash, Jon and Rich (Tom has a Grass Track meeting).

Here's where the tone is going to change unfortunately. I can't say as much as I'd like on here but if you read the press release on the Heathens website (I'll link at the bottom of this post) there are strong hints as to what I'm talking about. Although there was an agreement in place with Kyle when he joined us the Heathens' averages would have provided an opportunity for us to have brought Adam back in from Aug and retained Kyle's services too. We could have tracked a very strong team, but the club have decided not to track the strongest team possible. I find it absolutely staggering that with the league title on the line we are not going to give ourselves the best possible chance of winning it. It's not just this change either. No disrespect intended here but bringing in Portwood for Stoneman weakened us at the bottom end too. Okay so Danny wasn't exactly pulling up any trees, so-to-speak, but he was clearly improving. We're back to square one now with a rider just finding his feet again. If we're not in it to win it then what's the point?!

To end on a positive - I'll back whoever turns out for us regardless, and I'll be there on Tue night cheering the boys to another 3 points (hopefully - not getting ahead of myself).

http://www.dudleyheathens.co/news.php?extend.380

If we're not in it to win it then what's the point?!

The point of the NL is to bring on the youngsters? :unsure:

Hopefully and injury free run in to the end of the season with both Dudley & Redcar

And Kyle is past it?

He has PL and EL. The NL has done its job and helped make him a good rider

Courtesy of the Heathens website - Kyle has done 10 meetings for the Heathens in all competitions. He averaged 8.67 from those meetings. Are you suggesting that everyone with a higher average should also leave their NL teams as the league has done it's job for them?

We're getting somewhat sidetracked. My point is that the NL is a league competition not just a training ground. If you're going to enter it you should want to win it. Don't give me any of this it's taking part crap (not saying you have said that here or previously). I hear from people at work that these days kids aren't even allowed to win on sports day because the schools think it will have a negative affect on the losers!! :blink: In it to win it or go home. The like of Scunfield and Stoke are looking very strong. We had the opportunity to put out a team to challenge them but haven't done so. That's annoying!! I just hope our boys can all click at the right time and make me look stupid for this post by raising the trophy at the end of the season.

Can see where you're coming from 21st, I can only presume keeping Kyle alongside Roynon would have meant that they would have had to release one of Franklin or Ritchings, which they werent prepared to do.

I havent looked at the figures but would imagine that the only way Royno and Kyle could have both been kept was for Armo to be released - that was never going to happen.

Kyle has been a real star for the heathens, he filled boots that we all said were unfillable and he really is a great lad and i for one hope to see him in a heathens race jacket again in the future (in the prem league would be nice!!), So thanks Kyle and all the best for the rest of the season. As for Royno its fabulous to see him back, before his accident he was without doubt the best rider in the NL and judging by his first couple of races in the hammer its not going to be long before hes back to that form - doing what he does best 'ommering um'

I find it absolutely staggering that with the league title on the line we are not going to give ourselves the best possible chance of winning it. It's not just this change either. No disrespect intended here but bringing in Portwood for Stoneman weakened us at the bottom end too. Okay so Danny wasn't exactly pulling up any trees, so-to-speak, but he was clearly improving. We're back to square one now with a rider just finding his feet again. If we're not in it to win it then what's the point?!

To end on a positive - I'll back whoever turns out for us regardless, and I'll be there on Tue night cheering the boys to another 3 points (hopefully - not getting ahead of myself).

http://www.dudleyheathens.co/news.php?extend.380

I agree entirely

Edited by martin_t

I agree entirely

So can i ask Martin T / 21st CH if you wanted to keep Kyle and Royno what changes would you have made?

I refer you to an extract of the press release.

"We could have kept him and brought Adam back to replace someone else..."

Clearly there was some consideration given to keeping Kyle and bringing Royno back in alongside him. The club should have taken up that option in my opinion as Kyle's form in the last few weeks has been superb, and certainly by far and away the Heathens top performer. Assuming we make the play offs we're going to have to beat Stoke and/or Scunfield. Both are stronger than us at the moment. So as I suggested we will need the lads to find another level of consistency and point-scoring now to justify the faith placed in them.

To reiterate - the 7 that turn out for us between now and the end of the season have my full backing but I believe the club should have shown a more ruthless side and tracked the very strongest team possible within the rules.

*edit* Kyle will be back soon. The knee injury isn't too serious. If he had been retained for the Heathens he may not have been ready for the Fours or our home meeting on Tue, but I doubt he'd have missed any more than that.

I refer you to an extract of the press release.

"We could have kept him and brought Adam back to replace someone else..."

Clearly there was some consideration given to keeping Kyle and bringing Royno back in alongside him. The club should have taken up that option in my opinion as Kyle's form in the last few weeks has been superb, and certainly by far and away the Heathens top performer. Assuming we make the play offs we're going to have to beat Stoke and/or Scunfield. Both are stronger than us at the moment. So as I suggested we will need the lads to find another level of consistency and point-scoring now to justify the faith placed in them.

To reiterate - the 7 that turn out for us between now and the end of the season have my full backing but I believe the club should have shown a more ruthless side and tracked the very strongest team possible within the rules.

*edit* Kyle will be back soon. The knee injury isn't too serious. If he had been retained for the Heathens he may not have been ready for the Fours or our home meeting on Tue, but I doubt he'd have missed any more than that.

Yes i understand what your saying but im just asking what you would have done, i think im correct in saying that to bring royno back and keep kyle would have meant 2 further changes, im not having a go and im not even disputing what you have said is correct but im just curious as to how we could have fitted both kyle and royno in.

I believe Royno could have replaced any one of Kyle, Jon or Ashley as all three of those have an average higher than Royno (he's still on his start average of 7.70). It would be a like-for-like change, as is Rich returning for Bren I think.

I believe Royno could have replaced any one of Kyle, Jon or Ashley as all three of those have an average higher than Royno (he's still on his start average of 7.70). It would be a like-for-like change, as is Rich returning for Bren I think.

Jon and Ashley are now both Wolverhampton assets. Neither of them were going anywhere. What Dudley have done is exactly right for the club. However, you have not built a league winning team this season unlike Stoke who have. I also sense you have lost sight of the fact that this is the British National Development League. Like it or not its purpose is to develop riders for the Premier and Elite Leagues.