British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
21st century heathen

Royno Returns

Jon and Ashley are now both Wolverhampton assets. Neither of them were going anywhere. What Dudley have done is exactly right for the club. However, you have not built a league winning team this season unlike Stoke who have. I also sense you have lost sight of the fact that this is the British National Development League. Like it or not its purpose is to develop riders for the Premier and Elite Leagues.

Since when was Jon a Wolves asset? I thought he was an out and out Dudley asset. Agree with much of what 21st is saying, especially with regard to the Danny Stoneman situation. As much as will give Adam full support, nobody can convince me it was a smart move at this point in the season. Why not sign him now as a no 8 and keephim till next year? Doesn't make sense to me UNLESS there's something we don't know.

As far as the NL being a training ground for young riders - I agree partially, but to make it worthwhile for fans to part with their money, you just HAVE to make it a good competition. There is no place even in the NL for an unprofessional approach, and the supporters will always want a team to support who can do the best they can. Poor racing in NL + not giving the fans what they want = no NL.

Since when was Jon a Wolves asset? I thought he was an out and out Dudley asset. Agree with much of what 21st is saying, especially with regard to the Danny Stoneman situation. As much as will give Adam full support, nobody can convince me it was a smart move at this point in the season. Why not sign him now as a no 8 and keephim till next year? Doesn't make sense to me UNLESS there's something we don't know.

As far as the NL being a training ground for young riders - I agree partially, but to make it worthwhile for fans to part with their money, you just HAVE to make it a good competition. There is no place even in the NL for an unprofessional approach, and the supporters will always want a team to support who can do the best they can. Poor racing in NL + not giving the fans what they want = no NL.

Do Dudley have any assets? Who does Ashley Morris belong to?? Wolverhampton. Who does Jon Armstrong belong to?? Ask him but it wont be Dudley. Number 8 does not officially exist in the national or Premier Leagues.

Dont dudley av two assets in armo n perry. Pretty sure morris is wolves thou. N to ur point of it bein for young riders, i think we r playin our part there with 5 of the team under20 n roynan only 22

Do Dudley have any assets? Who does Ashley Morris belong to?? Wolverhampton. Who does Jon Armstrong belong to?? Ask him but it wont be Dudley. Number 8 does not officially exist in the national or Premier Leagues.

I think that you will find (as has been reported regularly) that both Jon Armstrong and Tom Perry are both Dudley assets. Dudley bought Armo's contract from Newport last winter, and Tom was signed as a Dudley asset at the beginning of last year. Ashley Morris is and always has been a Wolves asset.

http://www.dudleyheathens.co/news.php?extend.256

My point with regard to signing another rider at no 8, is that it is obvious that he is a novice. Nothing wrong with that, but in my opnion (and thats all it is)we should not be putting raw novices straight into even a NL side. Its not fair on them or the fans.

Edited by villiers210

Surely it was a case of 2 of Armstrong, Newman and Roynon. Who the hell would pick Armstrong ahead of the other 2? :unsure:

What Dudley have done is exactly right for the club.

However, you have not built a league winning team this season unlike Stoke who have.

I also sense you have lost sight of the fact that this is the British National Development League. Like it or not its purpose is to develop riders for the Premier and Elite Leagues.

How is not tracking the best possible team doing the right thing for the club?

I've not been convinced by the team building strategy this season right from the off and I did suggest Stoke were a threat while most were looking at BV.

Not at all. The Heathens have used lost of young Brits. Royno and Newman have ridden in all three leagues this season. Morris and Perry have had PL league meetings during their time with us. I don't see how that's relevant to wanting to win the NL though.

--------------------------------

Portwood will join Armo and 'Fred' on the asset list too.

Right, I would like to join in this discussion,It will be a hard ask for the Heathens to win anything else this season, 21st choice of Stoke,and my pick of Scunfield are obvious favourites, I will say here and now, Dudley have won all that they will win this season with the Team that they currently have, yes we have a very competitive team, but are short of Scunny & Stoke.

There are two lines of thought here, YES the NL is a development League, but secondly there is the supporters to consider, who wants to pay hard earned money to see a Team out on Track which is NOT the strongest available ?? the Team should always be the strongest available at all times, and to suggest otherwise is bunkum, and shows a lack of respect to supporters, I dont want to travel away to see MY Team get a Ommering such as at Stoke or BV, and we havent been to Scunthorpe yet, when i know that i could be seeing someone else im MY Teams colours which would see US win or do better, That really is bad PR if any club makes a statement which infers we could have a stronger Team, but choose not to do so.

Back to who i would have left out ?? out of Ash, Armo, Kyle or Royno, if i thought it would win us the League i would have left armo out, and also retained Danny Stoneman, If i thought we couldnt win the League, then i would do as Dudley have done.

Edited by greyhoundp

Surely it was a case of 2 of Armstrong, Newman and Roynon. Who the hell would pick Armstrong ahead of the other 2? :unsure:

i for one wouldnt,my dudley team would be-1 newman,2 ritchings,3 perry,4 morris,5 roynon,6 franklin,7 a n other(i would have kept brendan johnson) i think that team would fit in under the team average guidelines and would be in with a chance of winning the title.

Roynon back in for Armstrong is the best thing they could of done.

Comical from Pearson, "We could have kept Newman and bought back Roynon to replace someone else, but thats a win at all costs attitude" :blink:

Whats the point of taking part then and the Dudley fans can't be happy that the promotion aren't bothered about winning. Perhaps now they know they aren't bothered about winning they won't bother turning up for the rest of the season.

Pathetic attitude.

Comical from Pearson, "We could have kept Newman and bought back Roynon to replace someone else, but thats a win at all costs attitude" :blink:

Whats the point of taking part then and the Dudley fans can't be happy that the promotion aren't bothered about winning. Perhaps now they know they aren't bothered about winning they won't bother turning up for the rest of the season.

Pathetic attitude. :blink: we are not rye house fans...we are heathen fans and will follow our team through thick and thin...we,ve been called thugs..hooligans..a win at all costs club...and now a pathetic attitude club :rofl: if you had been present at monmore on tuesday you would have seen a wonderfull nights entertainment from club with ambition...i dont know or care how long we are in the nl the racing has been goood but IF we manage to get our own place in the future we will go prem, one thing is certain though..since the dudley heathens joined the nl..it,s give you all something to moan about :lol: OMMER UM :t:

Edited by wembley81

Pathetic attitude. :blink: we are not rye house fans...we are heathen fans and will follow our team through thick and thin...we,ve been called thugs..hooligans..a win at all costs club...and now a pathetic attitude club :rofl: if you had been present at monmore on tuesday you would have seen a wonderfull nights entertainment from club with ambition...i dont know or care how long we are in the nl the racing has been goood but IF we manage to get our own place in the future we will go prem, one thing is certain though..since the dudley heathens joined the nl..it,s give you all something to moan about :lol: OMMER UM :t:

I have been a Heathens fan or devotee since I was taken to Dudley wood in 1959!

If there is a Heathens team win or loose I will go.

Nigel & crew have done the Heathens history proud in the latest incarnation. Cubs, Heathens, United, Heathens, Club CH and now Dudley.............ALL WE NEED IS A HEATHENS TEAM AT ANY LEVEL IN SPEEDWAY!

We are probably the 2nd or 3rd highest average gate supported Club in the UK so expect jealousy from others who wished they had what we have got and I know of more who would follow in a higher league.!

Ask the promoters where they have visited, we have spent £'s by the ton by increasing their gates! Win, Loose, Draw, etc Nigel is damned, but not by a true Heathen, but by idiots from other tracks that are very obviously jealous of the history of a very proud club with supporters who are not rivalled anywhere in UK Speedway.

Flame away to your heart's content folks but a true Speedway anorak knows this already!

As the programme says "A Heathens Fan Since The summer of '59" :cheers::party:

I have been a Heathens fan or devotee since I was taken to Dudley wood in 1959!

If there is a Heathens team win or loose I will go.

Nigel & crew have done the Heathens history proud in the latest incarnation. Cubs, Heathens, United, Heathens, Club CH and now Dudley.............ALL WE NEED IS A HEATHENS TEAM AT ANY LEVEL IN SPEEDWAY!

We are probably the 2nd or 3rd highest average gate supported Club in the UK so expect jealousy from others who wished they had what we have got and I know of more who would follow in a higher league.!

Ask the promoters where they have visited, we have spent £'s by the ton by increasing their gates! Win, Loose, Draw, etc Nigel is damned, but not by a true Heathen, but by idiots from other tracks that are very obviously jealous of the history of a very proud club with supporters who are not rivalled anywhere in UK Speedway.

Flame away to your heart's content folks but a true Speedway anorak knows this already!

As the programme says "A Heathens Fan Since The summer of '59" :cheers::party:

I can't argue with that in the slightest. You beat me by 4 years (I started in'63)but I have exactly the same attitude and thats why we stand apart. True Cradley supporters know what its like to lose week after week - we had years of it!!!! But Cradley (and now Dudley) is still OUR team whether the council see fit to find us a home or not. It might not be the best solution using somebody elses track, but after the visits I have made to most of the other NL tracks this year, I defy anybody to show me a more professionally run outfit in the NL.

'Ommer 'Um

As a neutral observer in this debate,,what ever side Dudley..(cradley) Put out their input to the National League is vital to its success..They have something we can only dream of down south with the exception of probably Mildenhall..Loads of ultra keen fans..But fans are not always informed of the true reasons for management decisions..Be happy with what you have...

It's got nothing to do with fans of other clubs being jealous or whatever. It's just a case that some happen to agree with my view, and some don't. That's the point of a discussion forum. It's just a view of this particular issue not people having a dig at the club in general or us as fans.