British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Newport Vs Isle Of Wight

Newport Hornets take on the Isle of Wight Islanders this Sunday afternoon at 2:30pm. The last time these two met at Queensway Meadows stadium, was in the first round of this years knock-out cup where the Hornets managed a 53-40 victory, however the Islanders took the tie on aggregate.

Though both Rob Smith & Nick Simmons have since appeared there in the NL Pairs event. It will also be a home debut for Hornet's recent signings Steven Jones & Brendan Johnson (who incidentally started the year at Smallbrook).

----

On another note: if anyone is going to this meeting and is able to text to the updates site, can they please either leave a message here, pm me here or pm me on the updates site.

Thanks 

Meeting Preview

Hopefully this should be as entertaining a match as the clash in the KOC was.

Although both teams will go in with changed line ups to that clash.

Hornets 54 IOW 38

Great effort by both teams, a good deubt from brendan :) and a kurtz max :D hes definatley improving, think steve jones is someone who tries too hard and ends up falling off! Nice to see james white williams winning a few :)

Some good action, good advert for NL speedway.

All the Islanders rode well, felt they deserved the point possibly more. We started off slow.

JWW found last seasons form from nowhere. Turning the match on its head.

Kurtz was a level above anybody else.

Track was fab for an afternoon meeting.

Enjoyed it. Had a free 'bow of the dad so all good ;).

Some good action, good advert for NL speedway.

All the Islanders rode well, felt they deserved the point possibly more. We started off slow.

JWW found last seasons form from nowhere. Turning the match on its head.

Kurtz was a level above anybody else.

Track was fab for an afternoon meeting.

Enjoyed it. Had a free 'bow of the dad so all good ;).

Glad the track/weather was great for the meeting & bow always tastes better when you dont have to pay :P

Updates can be found HERE

Updates say Charlie Saunders rode but it was Danny Stoneman, Saunders riding either longtrack or grasstrack.

Glad to see that Brendan had a good debut for Newport onwards and upwards for him hopefully. One more meeting here and then hes off to Sweden to ride for Team GB its shame he doesnt have a few more sponsors though,as a sponsor myself Im constantly on the look out for more sponsors for him.

Updates say Charlie Saunders rode but it was Danny Stoneman, Saunders riding either longtrack or grasstrack.

That would be my fault not Clints. Many apologies.

I had a big night out on Friday.

Edited by shirlmeister general

My first ever visit to Newport Speedway; wasn't too bad. Would have been better if Isle of Wight had managed to steal a win. ;)