British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Heathen1984

Dudley V Mildenhall

From my viewpoint Blackbird may have just clipped the kerb, straightening him up and into the Dudley rider. Just one of those things. I think the booing may have had more to do with the contrast in speed displayed by Blackbird when getting up after falls, depending on where his partner was in the race at the time.

Something you see many many times. This is something that really seems to wind fans up when it happens against them. Except when the rider staying down after a fall is YOUR rider and his partner is not in a favourable position, then it's a case of STAY DOWN!!

We have already been...

Clearly I was subconsciously reminiscing happier times. :lol::wink:

I have to say that I was near some rude Dudley fans. There was no need for Blackbird to get the booing and to have commets shouted take him outevery time he was riding. Lewis did not mean to take Ashley down it should have been 1st bend bunching he is not a rider who takes people out. Was treated badly all evening. I didn't laugh when your riders fell so shouldn't have to hear it from your fans. I go to speedway for good racing and will applaud good racing on either side. These guys risk everything to entertain us, and i am not saying you can't have views or banter but some comments were in very bad taste.

So pleased for the tigers they rode well and deserved the win. Heeps was dialled in and riding so well. The guys put in an excellent performance. Was sorry that Jon A had a bad night we do like Jon( used to be a tiger) Also Roynon had an unlucky night. Also must wish young Ashley well after the fall and pleased to hear he is ok.

There's a big difference between 'take him out' and people wanting someone knocked off and hurt. There's nothing wrong with wanting a rider 'taken out'. Heeps did it to Perry twice in their race. It's just that Perry kept coming regardless. I've still not decided whether he's very brave or just stupid!! :lol:

As stated Blackbird was booed for deliberately getting a race stopped and re-run. We, typically, lost out in the re-run so he got booed for the rest of the night too, especially as he soon popped up when he fell and saw his team mate leading later in the meeting.

For about the millionth time on this forum fans cheer the good fortune of gaining an advantage when an opposition rider falls, not because they're secretly rubbing their hands with glee that a rider might get hurt. He was just trapped under the fence after a pretty 'simple' fall - he hadn't had a serious high speed crash. Believe me you could have heard a pin drop if that had happened (as in The Golden Hammer last week when Worrall went down at the end of the home straight for example). Heathens fans know all about seeing riders pick up serious injuries.

You didn't bother to mention the applause when Blackbird got up or the applause when your riders won races or the applause at the end for your victory.

All of that said, every club is just as likely as any other to have someone present on any given night who might say/shout something stupid. I accept and acknowledge that but your post came across a little more generalised than that.

Congrats again on the win, it was very well deserved on the night. :)

Clearly I was subconsciously reminiscing happier times. :lol::wink:

There's a big difference between 'take him out' and people wanting someone knocked off and hurt. There's nothing wrong with wanting a rider 'taken out'. Heeps did it to Perry twice in their race. It's just that Perry kept coming regardless. I've still not decided whether he's very brave or just stupid!! :lol:

As stated Blackbird was booed for deliberately getting a race stopped and re-run. We, typically, lost out in the re-run so he got booed for the rest of the night too, especially as he soon popped up when he fell and saw his team mate leading later in the meeting.

For about the millionth time on this forum fans cheer the good fortune of gaining an advantage when an opposition rider falls, not because they're secretly rubbing their hands with glee that a rider might get hurt. He was just trapped under the fence after a pretty 'simple' fall - he hadn't had a serious high speed crash. Believe me you could have heard a pin drop if that had happened (as in The Golden Hammer last week when Worrall went down at the end of the home straight for example). Heathens fans know all about seeing riders pick up serious injuries.

You didn't bother to mention the applause when Blackbird got up or the applause when your riders won races or the applause at the end for your victory.

All of that said, every club is just as likely as any other to have someone present on any given night who might say/shout something stupid. I accept and acknowledge that but your post came across a little more generalised than that.

Congrats again on the win, it was very well deserved on the night. :)

Thank you for the congratulations i only posted about what i heard around me and there were no cheers nesr me for Lewis when he got up. I know all fans get passionate about their club and they should be I am passionate about the tigers. I enjoy good racing and will applaud riders from both teams for good racing. My family loves speedway and we visit many tracks due to my autistic son.

Really feel for Jon A wanted him to have a good night because he was a tiger when i got involved with Mildenhall and is one of the many riders who my son likes.

So you think he said it just because it's Suffolk radio? If he rides for anyone other than Ipswich next year it will be a major surprise to just about everyone.

Not the people of Sheffield :wink:

Not the people of Sheffield :wink:

:lol: I deleted my post as it's far too early for this but it looks like it's started already :rolleyes::wink: