British Speedway Forum
Main Man

Newport V Mildenhall Nl Sat Aug 6th At 7pm

Heeps not being good enough for premier league in 2012??? You must be joking he is a fantastic prospect and might well do a Darcy Ward before he did, who knows.

Depends on your viewpoint, which we are all entitled too.

He is without a doubt hugely talented and amongst the best Aussie prospects of his age group. I feel certain that he will improve at an exponential rate now hes riding NL & continue that for the rest of the season & over in Aus.

However im unconvinced that he is quite ready for the PL yet,for a couple of reasons although he has the rest of the NL season to get to that point. Yes hes banging in the points but for me the best indicator of how ready he is for PL action is if he is beating Ex & Current PL reserves (Who are currently NL heatleaders) consistently home & away & as yet he hasn't ridden from the #1 berth for The Fen Tigers, but given his performances from reserve he should take that position.

When he starts beating the top NL riders on a consistent basis, which im fairly certain that he will, then i will be convinced that he is.

Edited by shirlmeister general

He is without a doubt hugely talented and amongst the best Aussie prospects of his age group. I feel certain that he will improve at an exponential rate now hes riding NL & continue that for the rest of the season & over in Aus.

However im unconvinced that he is quite ready for the PL yet,for a couple of reasons although he has the rest of the NL season to get to that point. Yes hes banging in the points but for me the best indicator of how ready he is for PL action is if he is beating Ex & Current PL reserves (Who are currently NL heatleaders) consistently home & away & as yet he hasn't ridden from the #1 berth for The Fen Tigers, but given his performances from reserve he should take that position.

When he starts beating the top NL riders on a consistent basis, which im fairly certain that he will, then i will be convinced that he is.

Fair enough but do remember he is only 15 and has only ridden over here for a few weeks. There is still nearly 3 months left of this season and in my opinion will be ready to ride at no6 in the Witches premier league side in 2012.

Agreed, Heeps may be a talented rider for his age, but I certainly dont agree with Aljack that he could ' do a Ward ' because I dont think that hes good enough yet. Personally, he may need another year in the National League because at the moment hes beating riders who you would expect him to beat. When he goes to no.1 or the main body of the team then we will be able to see how good he is. But at the moment Ward was a better rider than Heeps when he was 15.

Edited by LFC1892

Agreed, Heeps may be a talented rider for his age, but I certainly dont agree with Aljack that he could ' do a Ward ' because I dont think that hes good enough yet. Personally, he may need another year in the National League because at the moment hes beating riders who you would expect him to beat. When he goes to no.1 or the main body of the team then we will be able to see how good he is. But at the moment Ward was a better rider than Heeps when he was 15.

I don't think Heeps is as good as Ward but he's certainly not far behind. He's currently averaging 9.81 from 5 matches (including over 10 away from home) and one has to wonder whether he would be expected to beat Roynon, Morris and Branford (all riders who are riding or have ridden in the PL this season) on their home tracks.

I also think you have to watch him to realise just how good he is. On Buxton's concrete and gravel track the other week he made it look very easy indeed in contrast to almost everyone else.

I agree with Aljack. Based upon the fact that he has rarely if ever ridden any of these tracks before and he will improve in the winter, he'd definitely be in my PL side next season, probably doubling up with an NL one.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Fair enough but do remember he is only 15 and has only ridden over here for a few weeks. There is still nearly 3 months left of this season and in my opinion will be ready to ride at no6 in the Witches premier league side in 2012.

Spot on.