British Speedway Forum

There were these little lepracauns with tiny tiny saws...

Got a car have you ? it must be a fairly new one as you have obviously never seen a silencer fall to pieces through vibration .

Got a car have you ? it must be a fairly new one as you have obviously never seen a silencer fall to pieces through vibration .

I'd be happy for him to be proven innocent as I like seeing him race at Kirky, but the club would not have made that statement if your theory was a possibility. They would be standing by their rider not washing their hands of him.

IF that happens on a car, you notice it. Surely it is noticeable to a rider or mechanic?

Not that I think this was the case.

Eddie should have suspected something was wrong when Matt Ford offered to get Shovlar to clean his bikes for him , I dont think for one minute Eddie Kennet has tampered with his exhaust , more likely to have fell apart inside on it's own through faulty workmanship or just vibration , do you really think Dave King will take one of his own exhausts apart and say oh yes bad I can see whats happened manufacture !!! guilty until proved innocent IMO

And Eddie Kennet going to say i knew it was illegal!!

Hes been found guilty,theres no need for an admittion,but one might help him.

He's been found guilty of using an illegal silencer .not of making a silencer illegal,

As others have said it is only right and proper to wait for the full outcome of a disciplinary enquiry on the matter however I do think it would be one heck of a coincidence that if it was the only time he used a doctored silencer was the time he got caught ! the immediate loss of yesterdays points is a quick punishment but is it a deterrant? if hes been getting away with it then consideration has to be given to deleting all points for the season and that would of course hurt the team and fans. the threat of such severe action might prompt clubs to monitor their own riders equipment more closely.coventry could of course withdraw from the league as a gesture of goodwill !

The least he could of done was use it at the world cup :nono:

Perhaps he did :o

Edit: beat me to it, foreverblue!

Edited by Authorised

He may of used it at the world cup!!

Like the Polish team. :lol:

IF that happens on a car, you notice it. Surely it is noticeable to a rider or mechanic?

Not that I think this was the case.

Do you have any experience of speedway bikes at close quarters ?

most of the time it's difficult to hear yourself think especially when all the bikes are running at the same time , when riding it's more likely for you to hear someone elses engine than your own , the difference between tis years and last years silencers is very little close up . anyway I'll wait and see before I prepare a rope for Eddie . until Dave king has assured us that his silencers last forever and could not possibly fall apart due to age vibration or use

He's been found guilty of using an illegal silencer .not of making a silencer illegal,

I dont know if the question has been asked before but how did the Machine Examiners come to notice that Kennetts silencer was possibly illegal ? I see from the live updates site his times were nothing special .I have spoken to a Hammers supporter who said his bike sounded no different to normal either ? Thanks

Perhaps he did :o

Edit: beat me to it, foreverblue!

Going on the evidance of the race off he may as well of used the exhaust off my astra!