British Speedway Forum

Not much support for Kennett from his Team GB team mate Lewis Bridger!

Not much of a surprise there :lol:

So in this case, the "driver" of the "vehicle" is Kennett, so he should be punished?

So now what about Nick Morris, he used the bike in heat 12, does that mean he is punished too? :shock:

I was referring to the Road Traffic Act 1988, because you asked what would happen if you loaned someone your car . ..The RTA does not apply to Speedway tracks as they are not public highways. In the same token that it doesn't stop riders banned for Drink Driving, riding Speedway bikes. :)

There is no support for Kennett from any rider that is on twitter but u fail to mention them apart from bridger Another poster trying to stir it up and to get everyone starting to slate Bridger yet again.

Thanks Jacques! but you know what i was getting at..... whats the difference between Kennett and Morris using the same bike at Lakeside, when they both didnlt know of any wrong doing?

It is Kennett's bike so he should be punished......

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

It is the responsibilty of the driver of the vehicle at that time to have checked that the vehicle is in order.

It's different if you are driving a vehicle for an employer ( ie delivery man) as you then have different criteria.

Actually it's not. It is always the responsibly of the driver in any circumstances. And what you stated in your first sentence is correct, whether Kennett knew or not it is him that must face the concequences.

Bridger can tweet what he likes. He is not the CHEAT

There is no support for Kennett from any rider that is on twitter but u fail to mention them apart from bridger Another poster trying to stir it up and to get everyone starting to slate Bridger yet again.

Not sure I've seen anyone else call Eddie a liar since the statement was released to be fair...?

(cant say that I don't agree with Lewis though)

Edited by Cornishman

Not difficult though is it? It's actually harder to slate a roof than it is to slate Bridger.

Actually it's not. It is always the responsibly of the driver in any circumstances. And what you stated in your first sentence is correct, whether Kennett knew or not it is him that must face the concequences.

So would that also be the case for Morris then in heat 12?

Thanks Jacques! but you know what i was getting at..... whats the difference between Kennett and Morris using the same bike at Lakeside, when they both didnlt know of any wrong doing?It is Kennett's bike so he should be punished......

I did know what you are getting at ;)

We have Kennett's word that he didn't know his silencer had been tampered with and what you chose to believe. My Opinion, is that Nick Morris has been caught up in something through no fault of his own..

Well, what a surprise, "Blame the Mechanic". Come on. If it is a light punishment, there will be lots of "mechanics" to be blamed and sacked if you can score £10k + before a rider is caught.

To all those that say they want a light touch given (Alan Boon et al), you cannot disagree:

If Edward Kennett wants me to believe this story, then HE MUST NAME ALL MATCHES RIDDEN UNDER THESE CONDITIONS.

Then, and only, then will I accept his statement.

I would want all pay docking for these meetings, along with points with results changed. Re-distribute his points money to riders that have lost out.

I see Pawlicki has his silencer back, wonder if Custer Mouse will apologise now, or is it more likely Kennett to come clean.

I think you misunderstand me. RTA law covers different offences for company type vehicles known as Use, Cause and permit which is why I said the circumstances then are different. It still means the driver commits an offence, but the scenario changes and then other people are also culpable ..Ie the employers.. :)

In any case, like I said it doesn't apply to Speedway tracks as they are not Public Highways..

PS...I had to dig deep for that, it's been a long time since I learnt that lot :P

Edited by Jacques

Who's stirring? All i'm doing is re-posting what Bridgers posting in the public anyway.

Heres another post he's just posted, just for you :lol:

kennett has been stealing unfair pts away from other riders including me that he may not of got without cheating #tofast #nothingelse2say

Can't believe your slating Bridger as far as I'm aware he is not a cheat and his bikes are legal he can say what he likes just like nicholls, mads k and alot of other riders have been saying and they are right to do so as they are not cheats like kennet

To all those that say they want a light touch given (Alan Boon et al), you cannot disagree:

If Edward Kennett wants me to believe this story, then HE MUST NAME ALL MATCHES RIDDEN UNDER THESE CONDITIONS.

Then, and only, then will I accept his statement.

If what Kennett says is true, then how would he know for sure how many meetings were done under those conditions? He can only take the word of his ex-mechanic who we assume is not a reliable source of information.