British Speedway Forum

Personally as much as I cant condoan what eddie has done I cant really see that at the end of the day he will get much more than a fine if the SCB treat him the same as Leon Madsen who did the same last year. Alun Rossiter went on the Mike at the showground last night and said that at the end of the day eddie was the one that got caught he feels there are a lot more that havent been yet!!!!

But what you said was, if he can provide information of how long it's been going on then you will accept his statement that he had no idea it was going on.

At no point does he say that he was unaware of "how long" it has been going on for. You really offer some poor defence for him. He was unaware that his silencer has been tampered with, and for me, it is carefully worded to suggest it may have been a one off.

If a rider sits on the panel that decides his ban, he will get the book thrown at him. His statement makes Bridger look like Einstein, and further treats the paying public with contempt. I know that there are riders that are technical with equipment, and riders that are not, but to not know and to ride equipment that has been tampered. Never. When he sits down and thinks about it, he will know.

Are you honestly saying that Kennett never discussed silencer set up when he switched from supplier. If so, he must be the the least intelligent rider in speedway, after all he pays for the mechanics and equipment. Playing dumb doesn't work, he must be taking lessons off one or two on this forum. He seems quite technically minded when on Sky or speaking to other riders. Maybe that was just an act.

If he cannot be honest, the SCB should expunge his results from the day that he switched and fine him for all points earning in League racing since that date. Alternatively, the entire length of 2011. I am sure his memory and recollection would change.

I would re-distribute the fine amongst riders he beat, if it is set to these high levels.

If you are telling me, and I believe you are a "stirrer" rather than a "defender", that Kennett was unaware of what he was on - equipment wise, then he is a danger to any rider on a track. No different to an athlete getting a substance from a coach, someone else packing your bags for your trip to Venezuela or even Danny Bird. You need to know your equipment and body as a professional sportsman.

Finally, if I was a rider and I see Kennett get, say a 28 day ban and small fine, why not take the risk to fire in some maximums, then play DUMB and blame the mechanic. For these reasons, his ban should be for at least the remainder of the year. Now, who should I start to believe in these matters, Scott Nicholls, Hans Andersen on twitter or Impartial One. They call for at least 1 year!

Wonder if his next statement will be, "Someone cut my brakes too".

At no point does he say that he was unaware of "how long" it has been going on for. You really offer some poor defence for him. He was unaware that his silencer has been tampered with, and for me, it is carefully worded to suggest it may have been a one off.

If a rider sits on the panel that decides his ban, he will get the book thrown at him. His statement makes Bridger look like Einstein, and further treats the paying public with contempt. I know that there are riders that are technical with equipment, and riders that are not, but to not know and to ride equipment that has been tampered. Never. When he sits down and thinks about it, he will know.

Are you honestly saying that Kennett never discussed silencer set up when he switched from supplier. If so, he must be the the least intelligent rider in speedway, after all he pays for the mechanics and equipment. Playing dumb doesn't work, he must be taking lessons off one or two on this forum. He seems quite technically minded when on Sky or speaking to other riders. Maybe that was just an act.

If he cannot be honest, the SCB should expunge his results from the day that he switched and fine him for all points earning in League racing since that date. Alternatively, the entire length of 2011. I am sure his memory and recollection would change.

I would re-distribute the fine amongst riders he beat, if it is set to these high levels.

If you are telling me, and I believe you are a "stirrer" rather than a "defender", that Kennett was unaware of what he was on - equipment wise, then he is a danger to any rider on a track. No different to an athlete getting a substance from a coach, someone else packing your bags for your trip to Venezuela or even Danny Bird. You need to know your equipment and body as a professional sportsman.

Finally, if I was a rider and I see Kennett get, say a 28 day ban and small fine, why not take the risk to fire in some maximums, then play DUMB and blame the mechanic. For these reasons, his ban should be for at least the remainder of the year. Now, who should I start to believe in these matters, Scott Nicholls, Hans Andersen on twitter or Impartial One. They call for at least 1 year!

Wonder if his next statement will be, "Someone cut my brakes too".

Yes. Fundamentally agree.

it will be interested to track other riders performance now this has come out,

some noticable poor performsances from riders last night..

Who is this post to?

Lets be clear that the statement (whether you believe it or not ) did NOT state he sacked a MECHANIC. he stated that he has released a member of his team .. To my knowledge the 2 mechanics have not been released. So so quick to blame mechanics ...... thankless job / long hours and in most cases no pay and do it for the love ....... his 2 mechanics dont even look after his bikes, the bikes turn up and they do what they need to do on race night. They both have full time jobs of their own ...so lets cut the mechanics some slack if nothing else.

surley this must bne tracked back to a tuner somewhere giving "advice"

i dont think for as minute that the riders or the mechanics have the knowledge to do this, perhaps im a bit nieve, but think the route of the problem is further away from the rider, ultimatley its the riders responsibility

surley this must bne tracked back to a tuner somewhere giving "advice"

if it's as widespread as suggested, maybe not.

The difficulty with one word against another is proving it. What is clear from Kennett's statement is that the tampering was done to improve his performance (i.e. cheat) and not simply to repair or do anything cosmetic.

The speedway rules are quite clear in that it is the responsibility of the rider to ensure that their equipment (bike, helmet, drip mat, race suit etc.) is within the bounds of the regulations. When I was riding I made sure this was the case and that those who also worked on my bike knew what the rules were. Sorry Eddie, but whether you knew about the silencer or not makes not one jot of difference to the infringement and neither should it for the punishment.

Were did that quote come from ? A few reading lessons would not go amiss on you part.

There is more to come on all this I can assure you . Be patient its not over yet.

That's what they said about the winter fiasco, but that still simmers on.

British Speedway is a laughing stock.

The difficulty with one word against another is proving it. What is clear from Kennett's statement is that the tampering was done to improve his performance (i.e. cheat) and not simply to repair or do anything cosmetic.

The speedway rules are quite clear in that it is the responsibility of the rider to ensure that their equipment (bike, helmet, drip mat, race suit etc.) is within the bounds of the regulations. When I was riding I made sure this was the case and that those who also worked on my bike knew what the rules were. Sorry Eddie, but whether you knew about the silencer or not makes not one jot of difference to the infringement and neither should it for the punishment.

Good post

it will be interested to track other riders performance now this has come out,

some noticable poor performsances from riders last night..

Nothing unusual at Kirky Lane. No rider from either team could be said to have ridden more poorly than they have at various times this season.

Nothing unusual at Kirky Lane. No rider from either team could be said to have ridden more poorly than they have at various times this season.

the same could not be said for the pboroVcoventry and wolves Vpoole thou

From both the Bees statement and Eddie's (whoever compiled it for him?!), there seems no doubt that Eddie is carrying the can and taking responsibility for any punishment - whether he, or anyone else, knew about the tampering or not!!

It does seem as though the authorities are trying to do something to catch any other culprits, by testing 2 silencers from each team, at random, before each match.

As far as bridger's comments are concerned - the current 'bad blood' between the 2 of them is probably behind the remarks. I do agree with others that the sport should at least attempt to stop riders using social networks to bring the sport (riders, clubs, managers etc) into disrepute - a bit like Man Utd and Newcastle in particular, are doing in football.

Lets be clear that the statement (whether you believe it or not ) did NOT state he sacked a MECHANIC. he stated that he has released a member of his team .. To my knowledge the 2 mechanics have not been released. So so quick to blame mechanics ...... thankless job / long hours and in most cases no pay and do it for the love ....... his 2 mechanics dont even look after his bikes, the bikes turn up and they do what they need to do on race night. They both have full time jobs of their own ...so lets cut the mechanics some slack if nothing else.

Why are you telling me this?

From both the Bees statement and Eddie's (whoever compiled it for him?!), there seems no doubt that Eddie is carrying the can and taking responsibility for any punishment - whether he, or anyone else, knew about the tampering or not!!

It does seem as though the authorities are trying to do something to catch any other culprits, by testing 2 silencers from each team, at random, before each match.

As far as bridger's comments are concerned - the current 'bad blood' between the 2 of them is probably behind the remarks. I do agree with others that the sport should at least attempt to stop riders using social networks to bring the sport (riders, clubs, managers etc) into disrepute - a bit like Man Utd and Newcastle in particular, are doing in football.

Perhaps the authorities should consider testing two silencers at random from each team and the highest scorer from each team at the end of the event. This would sort out the good riders from the cheats.