British Speedway Forum

At no point does he say that he was unaware of "how long" it has been going on for. You really offer some poor defence for him. He was unaware that his silencer has been tampered with, and for me, it is carefully worded to suggest it may have been a one off.

If a rider sits on the panel that decides his ban, he will get the book thrown at him. His statement makes Bridger look like Einstein, and further treats the paying public with contempt. I know that there are riders that are technical with equipment, and riders that are not, but to not know and to ride equipment that has been tampered. Never. When he sits down and thinks about it, he will know.

Are you honestly saying that Kennett never discussed silencer set up when he switched from supplier. If so, he must be the the least intelligent rider in speedway, after all he pays for the mechanics and equipment. Playing dumb doesn't work, he must be taking lessons off one or two on this forum. He seems quite technically minded when on Sky or speaking to other riders. Maybe that was just an act.

If he cannot be honest, the SCB should expunge his results from the day that he switched and fine him for all points earning in League racing since that date. Alternatively, the entire length of 2011. I am sure his memory and recollection would change.

I would re-distribute the fine amongst riders he beat, if it is set to these high levels.

If you are telling me, and I believe you are a "stirrer" rather than a "defender", that Kennett was unaware of what he was on - equipment wise, then he is a danger to any rider on a track. No different to an athlete getting a substance from a coach, someone else packing your bags for your trip to Venezuela or even Danny Bird. You need to know your equipment and body as a professional sportsman.

Finally, if I was a rider and I see Kennett get, say a 28 day ban and small fine, why not take the risk to fire in some maximums, then play DUMB and blame the mechanic. For these reasons, his ban should be for at least the remainder of the year. Now, who should I start to believe in these matters, Scott Nicholls, Hans Andersen on twitter or Impartial One. They call for at least 1 year!

Wonder if his next statement will be, "Someone cut my brakes too".

Finished?

You're getting carried away now. I haven't stated anything to believe or disbelieve, I just don't see your logic in saying you will accept his statement if he can prove how long it's been going on.

So let's assume he confesses that he's done 5 meetings on these silencers. What you are saying is that if he gives such information you will then say "Thanks Eddie, I can now accept that you had no idea about this".

I don't care whether he gets a year ban, a five pound fine or is made to sit in a room with Shovlar for 8 hours, all I'm interested in is the logic of it all.

Perhaps the authorities should consider testing two silencers at random from each team and the highest scorer from each team at the end of the event. This would sort out the good riders from the cheats.

They tested a couple at Wolves last night. I would expect (and hope) a few riders will be tested this week if things as as bad as is being claimed on twitter. I also believe that ay rider who has a strong belief a rider is cheating should contact the BSPA/SCB annonamously and that rider should be checked.

Also, a list of riders ordering silencers this week should be taken and them riders tested before they take delivery of their new silencers.

Lets stamp out all this alleged cheating now.

Also, a list of riders ordering silencers this week should be taken and them riders tested before they take delivery of their new silencers.

That's the key. But you know all they'll do is test them at meetings, find no illegal silencers, and claim a victory. In the meantime, silencer manufacturers are as rich as London looters.

Whatever the ins and outs of what really happened, there is still something not right about the change to the result at Lakeside. By deducting Eddie and Nick's points scored on the dodgy bike,they have turned a Coventry away win into a home win, fair enough. But let's just say that it was a Coventry home meeting and they had won the meeting 55-35 say. By deducting 18 points from Coventry they would still have won by a couple of points and the opposition riders would have lost hundreds of pounds. They don't give the opposition the benefit of the points deduction which is, in my view, crazy. It happens every time a rider's points are taken away. The just action is to take the points away and to restate all of the races that the rider rode in. Moving every other rider up a place in the heats where (in this example) Eddie rode and in the Heat Nick was on Eddies bike. In this way the 18 points would be effectively given to the other team, and the riders who have been adversely affected by the illeagal bike are reimbursed.

They tested a couple at Wolves last night. I would expect (and hope) a few riders will be tested this week if things as as bad as is being claimed on twitter. I also believe that ay rider who has a strong belief a rider is cheating should contact the BSPA/SCB annonamously and that rider should be checked.

Can only agree, its a lot of work for the SCB but they have shown they havent the time or the inclination to do anything about rule breakers so dont hold your breath.

Whatever the ins and outs of what really happened, there is still something not right about the change to the result at Lakeside. By deducting Eddie and Nick's points scored on the dodgy bike,they have turned a Coventry away win into a home win, fair enough. But let's just say that it was a Coventry home meeting and they had won the meeting 55-35 say. By deducting 18 points from Coventry they would still have won by a couple of points and the opposition riders would have lost hundreds of pounds. They don't give the opposition the benefit of the points deduction which is, in my view, crazy. It happens every time a rider's points are taken away. The just action is to take the points away and to restate all of the races that the rider rode in. Moving every other rider up a place in the heats where (in this example) Eddie rode and in the Heat Nick was on Eddies bike. In this way the 18 points would be effectively given to the other team, and the riders who have been adversely affected by the illeagal bike are reimbursed.

to do this surely the authority's would have to claim back off the offending rider/s the money they won whilst cheating.

That's the key. But you know all they'll do is test them at meetings, find no illegal silencers, and claim a victory. In the meantime, silencer manufacturers are as rich as London looters.

The smart ones will have bought new silencers when they altered the old ones, or will have a couple spare anyway so would not be under suspicion this week.

At least we know Ward has been genuinely good this year. The next GP could be interesting though...

The just action is to take the points away and to restate all of the races that the rider rode in. Moving every other rider up a place in the heats where (in this example) Eddie rode and in the Heat Nick was on Eddies bike.

The result would have been 54-35

The sad thing is, Rory Schlein said he had his tested last night, but the Ref (not the machnine examiner) was testing it and didnt have a clue what he was looking for

The sad thing is, Rory Schlein said he had his tested last night, but the Ref (not the machnine examiner) was testing it and didnt have a clue what he was looking for

I think its the long shiny thing at the back, towards the bottom of the big two wheely thing (at least thats what it probably says in the refs handbook) :lol:

I think its the long shiny thing at the back, towards the bottom of the big two wheely thing (at least thats what it probably says in the refs handbook) :lol:

Thanxx for the Tech Tip, Nick, I would never have known.

So let's assume he confesses that he's done 5 meetings on these silencers. What you are saying is that if he gives such information you will then say "Thanks Eddie, I can now accept that you had no idea about this".

No, only then will I accept this:

"I cannot condone cheating."

"I wish to state my deep regret and offer my sincere apologies to the fans, the management of Coventry speedway, the sponsors, and my team mates."

I will never accept that he had no idea, but I will accept his remorse, apologies and regret and his opinions on cheating. Until he 'fesses up, then no, I think these are words of no meaning.

That is his statement, right? You believe it? Has he really sacked a mechanic from his employment?

You really believe that he knew nothing about it?

Edited by Authorised

No, only then will I accept this:

"I cannot condone cheating."

"I wish to state my deep regret and offer my sincere apologies to the fans, the management of Coventry speedway, the sponsors, and my team mates."

I will never accept that he had no idea, but I will accept his remorse, apologies and regret and his opinions on cheating. Until he 'fesses up, then no, I think these are words of no meaning.

That is his statement, right? You believe it? Has he really sacked a mechanic from his employment?

You really believe that he knew nothing about it?

To be honest, I doubt very much whether Eddie Kennet gives a shiny shoot what you think.

to do this surely the authority's would have to claim back off the offending rider/s the money they won whilst cheating.

I believe they already do and the current situation simply gives promoters a cheap nights speedway. I agree with what Sparky says and the points deducted from one team should also be added to the other team. Basically what they do is post-match exclusions of riders from the affected heats, thus everything should be worked out as if he had been excluded at the time of those heats, which would have resulted in other riders being promoted where required.

To be honest, I doubt very much whether Eddie Kennet gives a shiny shoot what you think.

To be honest I dont suppose he gives a shiny shoot what anyone thinks perhaps with the exception of the SCB panel which will decide his fate.

It will be interesting to see if they believe his "Press Statement"