British Speedway Forum

Hes been found guilty,theres no need for an admittion,but one might help him.

The silencer he was using was found to be against the rules but I've not seen anything which says he knew this was the case before he rode or that he deliberately wanted to cheat. So for me, there is a need for an admission or something to put his view.

Not sticking up for him - but has he actually admitted it? Or have I missed the press release/statement where hes admitted anything? Genuine question :)

"He accepts the findings" is not an admission of guilt I agree. But I would say that the general essense of the press release suggests he has, in some way made an admission of his guilt as they are the ones mentioning cheating. Either way, it still remains that the silencer was illegal and whatever the circumstances, the buck stops with him and I still maintain that his position is untenable...

I think this is an absolute travesty, Kennett now misses Kings Lynn and im pretty sure r/r will score more than he would :wink:

In all honesty though this is most disappointing to read. I had been pleasantly suprised by the form he has shown this season and now I ask myself how many other times has he cheated. I agree with mosy here and he should be sacked and missed the rest of the season. I hate cheats and there is just no place for them in any walks of life.

True enough, although the post I quoted said "He's admitted it" - Something I havent seen yet :)

Masses of credit to the Coventry promotion

They really do need to follow up by getting rid permanently and I would hope other promoters leave well alone as well. There is no place anywhere in British Speedway for this type of cheating

oh please, enough histrionics. If he cheated, he got caught. His punishment shouldn't be overly harsh. There is cheating that goes on all over the place. Should Troy Batchelor be thrown out of British Speedway for what he did in the SWC? Should Joe Screen have been banned for life for dropping his average two seasons ago? Ludicrous. Let the full facts emerge, and the right people decide the punishment, and leave your pitchforks at home!

Again not meaning to split hairs but my reading of it is there has been guilt established in so far as the silencer had been tampered with - I cant find anything where Kennett says he tampered with it. not saying he hasnt, just that maybe we should wait until thats confirmed just in case (although I admit, like most, I have made my own mind up perhaps its better to wait til its proven!)

"He accepts the findings" is not an admission of guilt I agree. But I would say that the general essense of the press release suggests he has, in some way made an admission of his guilt as they are the ones mentioning cheating. Either way, it still remains that the silencer was illegal and whatever the circumstances, the buck stops with him and I still maintain that his position is untenable...

Fair enough :approve:

I must say that I am very impressed with the reaction of Coventry management and their fans on here. It is good to see that sort of attitude to cheating, which I think has to be dealt with severely, both as a justified punishment for the crime and as a deterrent to others.

Edited by Aces51

As much as we want to win we cannot condone cheating, Its more or less proven, His points have been deducted, He was the captain leading by example, Its simple he has to go !!!

Edited by dornier

I've commented before that Kennett seems to have a leap this seaso, and we may now know why. There are at least three other riders who have made huge improvements to their starting average, two of whom against the grain of their recent form. Just makes you wonder...

Shouldn’t we let the due process of the disciplinary procedures take place first rather than rush to prematurely judge, castigate and scapegoat Edward Kennett?

If Hagon dump him that will be a HUGE loss for him.

He obviously needs to face the music of the SCB and Bees management.

An apology to the Bees fans would be a start.

But much like Havelock, who had a drug ban for all of 1990 and yet was World Champ in 1992, once he has served his penalty he has the right to come back. But he will need to make serious amends to be worthy of trust again.

Shouldn’t we let the due process of the disciplinary procedures take place first rather than rush to prematurely judge, castigate and scapegoat Edward Kennett?

This ^

Surely all an "adequate replacement" needs to be is someone with a bike thats not illegal. If thats some 16 year old kid who gets lapped then thats what it takes. I'd prefer to lose legally than win illegally.

Yes, agree 100%.

I view Speedway as a team sport above individuals, if asked to describe it, and the act of one individual has sabotaged the efforts of his team-mates, and deceived the paying public. Sabotaging something mechanically on a speedway bike has to be up there with doping a horse, or an athlete taking drugs. It is planned long in advance of the event.

Good quick response from Coventry and really killed the story, cannot see Kennett returning to Coventry and would want him banned at least for the remainder of the season to prevent him profiting from average manipulation, at Coventry or elsewhere, for a move next year.

Wonder if Poole will sign him next season, certainly a unique way of putting in a transfer request :lol:

Shame Nicholls or Harris haven't dropped their averages enough to swap with Kennett. Schlein?

Edited by Authorised