British Speedway Forum

I wonder who is ordering new silencers today?

From his performance last week I am pretty sure it won't be Bomber. :lol:

Ed has NOT admitted to knowing his bike was illegal. He has accepted it is, if he has proof it's not good arguing it, but it is possible he wasn't aware it was illegal until this morning.

I wonder who is ordering new silencers today?

Funny I was thinking the same thing myself :rolleyes:

And I was thinking that Prodrive and King need to give their names to the BSPA and that their bikes checked at their next meetings?

Im sure delivery can be delayed by a day or two!!!

Same as more drugs and alcohol tests should be done at tracks. Lets start to get our house in order.

A few riders over the year got a 12 month ban for failing drug tests -I wonder what Kennett's sentence will be if found guilty? For me drug taking is worse as that endangers the lives of ones fellow riders.

If guilty I would suggest a ban for the rest of the 2011 season. Gives him time to think and sort himself out but the lesson learned will hopefully have him honest and straight in the future.

Nicholls make for interesting reading on Twitter, he seems to think there are plenty of riders doing similar.

Nicholls make for interesting reading on Twitter, he seems to think there are plenty of riders doing similar.

Quote?

Some riders obviously NOT using dodgy silencers;

Ty Proctor

Tyson Burmeister

Bomber Harris

Decaf Latte

Davey Watt

The entire Swindon Robins

And I was thinking that Prodrive and King need to give their names to the BSPA and that their bikes checked at their next meetings?

Im sure delivery can be delayed by a day or two!!!

Same as more drugs and alcohol tests should be done at tracks. Lets start to get our house in order.

Good post, however after following f1 for so many years the riders would simly have to say, I have never ever used that silencer before, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Always thought the same about alcohol and drugs tests it makes perfect sense to me.

Quote?

Some riders obviously NOT using dodgy silencers;

Ty Proctor

Tyson Burmeister

Bomber Harris

Decaf Latte

Davey Watt

The entire Swindon Robins

The bottom one was uncalled for! rolleyes.gif

Funny I was thinking the same thing myself :rolleyes:

Your not alone, it will be interesting to see if any of the current superstars have a sudden loss of form from Monday.

Excellent statement from the club, that hopefully hints at his imminent dismissal if Rosco can find an adequate replacement.

I love this - "dismissal if Rosco can find an adequate replacement" Whatever happened to the sense of moral outrage?

I really hope that the disciplinary reveals it was more of a mistake than deliberate cheating. The whole affair is very unfortunate - I feel sorry for Coventry, Edward & our sport. Once the full facts and context are known any further punishment should be appropriate and reasonable and fit the crime whether or not "Rosco can find an adequate replacement."

I love this - "dismissal if Rosco can find an adequate replacement" Whatever happened to the sense of moral outrage?

I really hope that the disciplinary reveals it was more of a mistake than deliberate cheating. The whole affair is very unfortunate - I feel sorry for Coventry, Edward & our sport. Once the full facts and context are known any further punishment should be appropriate and reasonable and fit the crime whether or not "Rosco can find an adequate replacement."

Sorry for Coventry ... yes, sorry for the sport ... yes, sorry for Edward - not if he was aware of the illegal silencer and has been trying to gain an advantage ...

I'll wait for the official explanations to follow ... hmmm probably unlikely to have an open and transparent explanation of the situation, after all this is speedway ...

Hopefully these events serve as warning to any other riders seeking to gain an advantage illegally ...

Eddie should have suspected something was wrong when Matt Ford offered to get Shovlar to clean his bikes for him , I dont think for one minute Eddie Kennet has tampered with his exhaust , more likely to have fell apart inside on it's own through faulty workmanship or just vibration , do you really think Dave King will take one of his own exhausts apart and say oh yes bad I can see whats happened manufacture !!! guilty until proved innocent IMO

Not just the Bees fans, to everyone that was there last night. You watch sport believing that what you see is real, that is fair, above board, that the participants are competing to beat each other by fair means not foul. Kennett let everyone down.

Last night I believed that I'd seen a great performance by Edward Kennett.

Such a shame.

Hear hear! I even stood with some Coventry fans last night, enthusing about how well Edward had ridden. One of his mechanics was there too, saying he didn't know why the Lakeside people were complaining about the bikes. I feel like a total mug now. What a massive diservice to the sport this is.

Eddie should have suspected something was wrong when Matt Ford offered to get Shovlar to clean his bikes for him , I dont think for one minute Eddie Kennet has tampered with his exhaust , more likely to have fell apart inside on it's own through faulty workmanship or just vibration , do you really think Dave King will take one of his own exhausts apart and say oh yes bad I can see whats happened manufacture !!! guilty until proved innocent IMO

There were these little lepracauns with tiny tiny saws...

Will wait to hear the outcome of the enquiry before rushing to condemn Eddie, hope there is some sort of innocent explanation.