British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lucky Star

Mildenhall V Stoke

Absolute rubbish. He is an Australian exploiting the British National League system and taking the place of a British rider.

Deary me he is exploiting nothing. Your bitterness towards Cameron Heeps is completely misplaced and unnecessary :rolleyes:

Deary me he is exploiting nothing. Your bitterness towards Cameron Heeps is completely misplaced and unnecessary :rolleyes:

No its not you are just blinkered. Take a good look at Nick Morris's progression. Heeps will follow exactly the same. Mildenhall are exploiting him and he is doing exactly the same of the flawed British National League system. if you are not born in this Country you should not be able to ride in the National League. Sooner they close that loophole the better.

No its not you are just blinkered. Take a good look at Nick Morris's progression. Heeps will follow exactly the same. Mildenhall are exploiting him and he is doing exactly the same of the flawed British National League system. if you are not born in this Country you should not be able to ride in the National League. Sooner they close that loophole the better.

Based on your theory, Mark Loram would not have been eligible to ride in the National League.

Is he less British than Chris Louis (for example)?

Heeps without doubt is a huge talent,and will become an awesome rider,which is one of the reasons i think he shouldnt be is the NL,next year he will hop up to the PL an do a decent job,is there any point in young Heeps riding in the NL??

I think here its the average he started on which is slightly unfair,he is obviously better than an assessed 3!the powers at be granted him this,not him,its not his fault,yet Joe Haines,who a few weeks ago,was in need of a team place,yet his average is to high??

A young British kid cant get in the NL to try and start his season after a huge crash,yet they bend over back wards for an Austrailian lad,that plain wrong

And Mildenhall havnt met the mighty Saints yet :wink::cheers:

Yes good post and I agree basically with most of what you say. Its great at Mildenhall these days and seeing Lee and Jolly always there geeing up the riders make Witches fans jealous when Chris Louis attends meetings only when he feels like it just like at Mildenhall.

As other have pointed out your analogy with Sir Alex Ferguson just does not hold any water. He is the Manager of Manchester United and attends all their matches. Do the club owners/promoters attend ALL the matches? Pete Simmons is the Ipswich Speedway Team Manager and he attends ALL the Witches meetings Home and Away.

Chris Louis as the Ipswich Speedway Director of Speedway AND one of THREE co-promoters at Mildenhall Speedway could not have possibly been in two places at once on Sunday, with Ipswich riding AWAY at Newcastle, whilst Mildenhall were at West Row versus Stoke.

After returning home from his SkySports duties late on Saturday night, he was still up and out of his front door by 8am on Sunday to drive himself to Newcastle to be with the Witches, ONE of his teams he has a responsibility to. This left his TWO remaining co-promoters to run the meeting at Mildenhall.

To show the full commitment of the Louis family at Mildenhall however, it may be of interest to note that even though Chris himself was not there, his wife, his sister, his mother and two daughters were all in attendance to help with the running of the meeting and the fundraising. To me, that shows a very high degree of support for the Fen Tigers and speedway in general.

All i will say is im pleased that you support the young aussie Cameron because your viteral slagging off of

Jerran Hart is appaling to say the very least, i wonder if you have approached him and told him

face to face or you hide behind your key board like a faceless child.

Junior

Woosh, straight over alljacks head.

Junior

I think what gets at people the most is the fact that this young lad has come in on "false" average; although this is not known completly until the lad had rode. All suspected that he would, but until he took to the track, thats all that it was a suspicition. I have nothing against the lad; in fact I went down to watch the Tigers take on Dudley just to watch him ride and expect to see him ride at Loomer again in the "play offs" or whatever they are called. He is an exciting rider and isn't that what we want to see?. I do. The way riders get averages is a major flaw in the sport. They had the chance when the"rolling" averages came in but these are not rolling but stagnant averages to a degree when a rider acheives his average. Think it's true that some Wolves riders could be using 2010 rides to cal their 2012 average. FARCE. Take last six or eight meetings and drop and pick up every meeting after. Anyway good luck to Heeps, you have a great future ahead.

I take it now Heeps has done his 6 meetings he goes into main body of the team tonight at the IOW?

After the weekend when he's a fully fledged No 1, I can see him being in great demand when other clubs No 1, s are unavailable, and now in my best Kevin Keegan impersonation ! " I'd love it, Id really love it if Cam guested for certain teams " would'nt it be interesting to see if the detractors changed there tune then ? :wink:

After the weekend when he's a fully fledged No 1, I can see him being in great demand when other clubs No 1, s are unavailable, and now in my best Kevin Keegan impersonation ! " I'd love it, Id really love it if Cam guested for certain teams " would'nt it be interesting to see if the detractors changed there tune then ? :wink:

Yer thats true,maybe the Sheffield fans would love to see him

The same old arguments over the british lads and the Aussie boys.....I thought this year was suppose to be a NL for only british kids yet the Aussies still get in through one way or the other. Australia (a huge country get their youngsters speedway career started then send them over in their droves for GB leagues to put in the finishing touches, ready to take on all other countries. Cheap way of doing it for them whilst the promoters of our county struggle. Makes no sense but nothing will change! People will still have differing opinions on the matter. Cant blame the Aussie youngsters though.

Yer thats true,maybe the Sheffield fans would love to see him

Cameron is unable to race at PL level until he is 16yo, unless you are talking about the Sheff/Scun team

Cameron is unable to race at PL level until he is 16yo, unless you are talking about the Sheff/Scun team

It's possible, as they did try and get him to guest for Gary Irving last week, but failed for one reason or another.

Or maybe Montie is hinting at something else?

Absolute rubbish. He is an Australian exploiting the British National League system and taking the place of a British rider.

Tell me WHY??? are you so bitter against young Cameron Heeps. Is it you are just plain jealous that he does not ride for your team :t:

Wake up Kev. If they had used seven rides Heeps in heat 11 he could not have ridden in heat 15 when he obviously couldnt cope with the pressure of a true British Premier League reserve.

You are right RT that he could not have run in Ht 15, the way we saw it was that Ht 11 he stood a better chance of beating TA and kept a healthier margin IMO that Ht 11 was a pivotal point in the meeting - Ht 15 would then have been of less importance and run with Hargreaves and Blackbird