British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lucky Star

Mildenhall V Stoke

Does anyone know the lineups for this meeting?

There is nothing on the Fen Tigers website yet but a few minutes ago it was announced that Mark Baseby is riding in the British Masters Grasstrack Championship down in Kent on Sunday: http://members.boardhost.com/Grasstracknet/msg/1313056397.html

I can only assume that Mildenhall knew about this fixture clash before they signed him earlier on in the season.

Does anyone know the lineups for this meeting?

There is nothing on the Fen Tigers website yet but a few minutes ago it was announced that Mark Baseby is riding in the British Masters Grasstrack Championship down in Kent on Sunday: http://members.boardhost.com/Grasstracknet/msg/1313056397.html

I can only assume that Mildenhall knew about this fixture clash before they signed him earlier on in the season.

Will be R/R for Baseby then. With all six riders eligible to take his rides, I'm sure his absence will be covered comfortably.

This should be a very good meeting. If Mildenhall are riding close to their best, I think they'll have enough to beat Stoke, but it'll be very close.

Edited by neil3065

Would also imagine rider replacement will be in operation for the Potters with Tim taking a break atm.

Another big match in the race for the Top 4 or more likely Top Spot.

Edited by shirlmeister general

From the Official Stoke website lines up are :

Mildenhall:

Jack Hargreaves (Captain) (6.94)

Mark Baseby (6.93) Rider Replacement

Daniel Halsey (5.18)

Joe Jacobs (6.10)

Lewis Blackbird (6.66)

Aaron Baseby (4.66)

Cameron Heeps (3.00)

Stoke:

Simon Lambert (9.13)

Tim Webster (8.59) Rider Replacement

James Sarjeant (5.62)

Tony Atkin (Captain) (7.83)

Jaimie Pickard (7.86)

Ben Reade (3.00)

Gareth Isherwood (3.65)

Hopefully Mildenhall can claim all three points from this one, it will be tight but if Heeps has recovered from his fall at Newport we should just do it.

This could be very interesting. Stoke have the top end strength (You would think) but Mildenhall have 7 riders capable of scoring well.

I'm going with Mildenhall by 6.

Cant wait for this meeting lets hope the weather stays kind for us. Think this will be a cracker with Mildenhall winning by 6 - 8 points and as long as young Cameron Heeps is fully fit, he will be the match winner with 6 or 7 rides at reserve. Get that fish"n"chips cooking Aljack is on his way, luvvvverly grub :party:

Good luck to the Mildenhall lads. I am still sidelined so won't be able to wave the chequered flag but will be shouting form the stands.

GO TIGERS

Thoroughly enjoyed this meeting what a great advert for the national league this was. My prediction was spot on so my crystal ball was working well :rolleyes: Cameron Heeps was superb with a paid 16 score, what an achievement for a young 15 year old. Surely Lambert is too good for the national league scoring a 21 point maximum. And a pat on the back for 18th birthday boy Joe Jacobs with a creditable 10 points. Yet another good crowd and its one long success story at Mildenhall these days and add those fantastic fish"n"chips, who could ask for more :D

Thoroughly enjoyed this meeting what a great advert for the national league this was. My prediction was spot on so my crystal ball was working well :rolleyes: Cameron Heeps was superb with a paid 16 score, what an achievement for a young 15 year old. Surely Lambert is too good for the national league scoring a 21 point maximum. And a pat on the back for 18th birthday boy Joe Jacobs with a creditable 10 points. Yet another good crowd and its one long success story at Mildenhall these days and add those fantastic fish"n"chips, who could ask for more :D

A bit rich coming from a team where a 3 point reserve scores paid 16! Seven rides Heeps days at reserve are numbered and from todays showing life at number 1 will be a different ball game. Good 2 point win and no doubt you will be in the play offs.

A bit rich coming from a team where a 3 point reserve scores paid 16! Seven rides Heeps days at reserve are numbered and from todays showing life at number 1 will be a different ball game. Good 2 point win and no doubt you will be in the play offs.

He won't get seven rides no, but i don't think the lad will be one bit fazed about riding at number one.

A very enjoyable meeting today and Heeps' team riding in heat 14 was majestic. Speaking to him before the meeting, he was still feeling a little second hand after a fall last week which makes his performance all the more impressive.

Looked set for a good battle with Lambert in heat 15 until his fall. Very much looking forward to seeing more of him in the coming weeks and also seeing how he handles Foxhall against stiff opposition in the 16 lapper in October.

He won't get seven rides no, but i don't think the lad will be one bit fazed about riding at number one.

A very enjoyable meeting today and Heeps' team riding in heat 14 was majestic. Speaking to him before the meeting, he was still feeling a little second hand after a fall last week which makes his performance all the more impressive.

Looked set for a good battle with Lambert in heat 15 until his fall. Very much looking forward to seeing more of him in the coming weeks and also seeing how he handles Foxhall against stiff opposition in the 16 lapper in October.

Of course he won't be fazed CS, Rogue Trader has a history of posting anti Heeps bile on here :rolleyes:

Yesterday was an excellent meeting I thought, in front of a very healthy crowd. It was a great advert for National League speedway and probably at the end of the day a fair result.

There was some excellent racing especially the race you mention where Heeps defied his age and limited experience of team

speedway to team ride Jacobs home, blocking out Atkin.

Also a brilliant race between Heeps, Hargreaves and Lambert earlier in the meeting with Lambert finding his way past both Fen Tigers to record the win!

Lamberts 21 point maximum speaks for itself, his liking for West Row continues and it will be interesting if our paths cross again in the play offs and KO Cup final, fingers crossed.

Good to see the MK 'Knights' on the track in the second half, good luck to all those working to bring the club back :approve:

Good post Phil couldn't agree more. I must say I've really enjoyed my Sunday visits this season it's a great little set up. The food is very good too! Far better than the "food" we get dished up with at Foxhall.

Interesting to see a couple of Elite league fat cats at the meeting.

I think the ultimate ambition for Chris Louis is to move Ipswich back up to the Elite league, and Mildenhall up to the Premier league.