British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lucky Star

Mildenhall V Stoke

Tell me WHY??? are you so bitter against young Cameron Heeps. Is it you are just plain jealous that he does not ride for your team :t:

So why are you so bitter to Jerran Hart? Pot kettle black.

The same old arguments over the british lads and the Aussie boys.....I thought this year was suppose to be a NL for only british kids yet the Aussies still get in through one way or the other. Australia (a huge country get their youngsters speedway career started then send them over in their droves for GB leagues to put in the finishing touches, ready to take on all other countries. Cheap way of doing it for them whilst the promoters of our county struggle. Makes no sense but nothing will change! People will still have differing opinions on the matter. Cant blame the Aussie youngsters though.

There are only four Australians in the NL - hardly a matter of 'droves'.

You have to remember that the NL is for the majority of clubs a business so the signing of a rider likely to increase gates cannot be a bad thing. Heeps, for certain, has done that and not just at Mildenhall.

My own view is that one Aussie per club is hardly likely to damage the chances for British youngsters and it will assist in the continued existence of NL clubs. There is a balance there.

The thing is no-one I have spoken to knows quite how Heeps got clearance to ride. Every NL official I spoke to before he came over said he wasn't eligible and I do know the ACU got involved, but its not quite clear as to why the block on most Aussies stays in force yet he can take part in the NL. A little transparency wouldn't go amiss, particularly as British Speedway has a deserved reputation for being notoriously corrupt where rules are concerned.

My own view is that one Aussie per club is hardly likely to damage the chances for British youngsters and it will assist in the continued existence of NL clubs. There is a balance there.

Why Aussies though HT?Why not Danes or Swedes or Poles?

The problem is that then takes away the protection that Patriality brings. However, no argument with that one if it is regulated and raises the standards, would like to see a rewards system in place for NL clubs that brings over the riders that then helps fund more training for young Brits. Reality is that at the moment we do not have the young riders coming through of NL standard.

One non Brit is the same as another, Montie. Where riding for team GB is concerned, an Australian is no different to a Pole or a Venezuelan.

If you are allowing an Aussie, I really don't see why it shouldn't be another nationality and while patriality only applies to Aussies in the NL at the moment as far as I can see it could apply to anyone.

Because Australia is part of the commonwealth,same old crap on here dragged up every year because a young aussie

is showing potentual.Get a junior system in place, have regular junior meetings on tracks that teach a rider throttle control.

A rider on a 125 will learn nothing at a track like IOW, besides there not aussies they have british passports,and an Aussie with a British passport has as many rights as anyone in the UK.

Stop looking for excuses.

Junior

As a nation we owe it to OUR youngsters to at least give them the best possible chance to race for THEIR country. With all loopholes that exist that somehow allow Aussie young riders in the NL then its time they come in on an assessed average much higher ( at least doubled ) My gripe is that promotions struggle, like Scunny who do more for our youngsters than most. Australia do it on the cheap because they have no leagues as such,I think P/L should be made to use at least 3 brits per team. A system for progression needs to be put in place for our lads. Whats the point in N/L if P/L offers no chance for them.

Its the foreign riders who come over to GB use our tracks and get into the British NL or PL and we are stupid enough to allow them to get away with it. This brings their career on. Is there any wonder we dont have a continuation of good british riders available if they cant even get a place at NL level?

Junior fan,if young Heeps had a british passport,why was there a delay in him riding for mildenhall,i didnt see any delays with Rob Branford,Nick Morris,Todd Kurtz,Jake Anderson etc????

Which of his parents are british anyway???

Any news on his injuries??

As a nation we owe it to OUR youngsters to at least give them the best possible chance to race for THEIR country. With all loopholes that exist that somehow allow Aussie young riders in the NL then its time they come in on an assessed average much higher ( at least doubled ) My gripe is that promotions struggle, like Scunny who do more for our youngsters than most. Australia do it on the cheap because they have no leagues as such,I think P/L should be made to use at least 3 brits per team. A system for progression needs to be put in place for our lads. Whats the point in N/L if P/L offers no chance for them.

June it's not a loophole its being eligible to be British, which no matter how much of an issue some people try to make it it has nothing to do with Speedway or the rules written down in the NL rulebook.

Government legislation & International legislation & International Sporting Laws regarding elibility far outrank the rules of the NL.

Junior fan,if young Heeps had a british passport,why was there a delay in him riding for mildenhall,i didnt see any delays with Rob Branford,Nick Morris,Todd Kurtz,Jake Anderson etc????

Which of his parents are british anyway???

Any news on his injuries??

I agree , i questioned it myself some time back,i guess we will know when he gets a Premier League birth and see what average he starts on.

I can see both sides of the arguement, i would love to see any rider progress,its been great to see an influx of young riders in the Premier league, ive been involved with lots of riders and the commitment and

dedication of all riders is second to none , but to suggest that a few Aussies(poms) riding in a league is the reason you arent producing

world class riders is just looking for excuses.

If you are good at anything in life you will succeed, if your not you need to practice and become better.

Junior

I agree , i questioned it myself some time back,i guess we will know when he gets a Premier League birth and see what average he starts on.

I can see both sides of the arguement, i would love to see any rider progress,its been great to see an influx of young riders in the Premier league, ive been involved with lots of riders and the commitment and

dedication of all riders is second to none , but to suggest that a few Aussies(poms) riding in a league is the reason you arent producing

world class riders is just looking for excuses.

If you are good at anything in life you will succeed, if your not you need to practice and become better.

Junior

I partly agree with what you say, BUT the Australian youngsters have to look to countires like GB to progress to a level of acheiving their aims. Why can't Australia have leagues?. so it would work both ways, as it does with Denmark Sweden Poland. Our riders could then ride in the Ausatralian leagues. Cor the Aussie boys should be good as they race all the year round. Just think how good that would be for our boys too!

Simon Lambert was awesome yesterday, the difference between a very comfortable less interesting win for Mildenhall rather than the very exciting and very interesting battle right up until the end, meeting we saw!

Simon Lambert met the criteria at the start of the season end off. Hes ambitious and doing everything he can to try and make a career out of speedway which is something many other young Brits can't claim!

If riding in the NL helps him move on to better things then the NL is doing something right and lesser riders racing against him will be dragged along by his pace!

Anyway the NL teams are struggling to get riders so if the authorities prevented more riders from competing then it'd be even more of a struggle!

Also Stoke just fresh out of the PL and a standalone club needing to keep up viable support levels cannot afford to have a weak team cause such a weak team would put the tracks very existance into doubt!

As for Heeps he qualifies through having recent British ancestry and like Lambert yesterday, take him away from the equation and the meeting would of been of a much lesser quality!

Those who say Heeps is taking the place of Brits should look more closely at the facts. He replaced Nick Laurence who in all honesty, while being a committed trier and nice guy to boot will never make the grade, who Mildenhall gave a good few meetings for him to prove himself and his NL appearances since leaving Mildenhall back this up. The other rider who briefly appeared before Heeps came along was Adam Portwood who is not NL standard yet as his recent dropping by Dudley prove so keeping him in the team struggling miles of the pace at the back would be counter productive both for him and the club!

Mildenhall fans have nowt to moan about cause things at West Row are pretty good at the moment, with a very capable promotion being assisted by good staff, with a decent team and great crowd figures I didn't think I'd see there for NL racing providing a good atmosphere!

Excellent post 25yf!

Especially the final paragraph, surely there is no Mildenhall supporter who can be unhappy with the way the club is being run and the team they have to watch, long may it continue :approve:

Excellent post 25yf!

Especially the final paragraph, surely there is no Mildenhall supporter who can be unhappy with the way the club is being run and the team they have to watch, long may it continue :approve:

Totally agree they are doing a fantastic job.

Evidently a huge amount of work has gone & continues to go into making this a successful venture.

Great to see how quickly its been turned around, its a fantastic achievement :approve: