British Speedway Forum

Think it would be Wrathall instead of Stefan although i'd rather see Adam and Stefan at reserve. no offence to Smethills.

So, you're full strength team is

Irving

Oliver

Worral

Worral

Birks

Smethills

Neilsen

That's ridiculous...

It's been the case for a while, Vog. Nothing ridiculous about it, just an awesome NL team, IMO.

Scunthorpe/Sheffield have just been using a reserve instead of Cooper (on most occasions) for a while now. It's made them seem "weaker" than they actually are.

It's been the case for a while, Vog. Nothing ridiculous about it, just an awesome NL team, IMO.

Scunthorpe/Sheffield have just been using a reserve instead of Cooper (on most occasions) for a while now. It's made them seem "weaker" than they actually are.

I know, but they have replaced Greg Blair and Paul Cooper with JLo and Smethills. The only saving grace, if you want to call it that, is that there is very little chance of that team all riding at the same time due to PL commitments.

I know, but they have replaced Greg Blair and Paul Cooper with JLo and Smethills. The only saving grace, if you want to call it that, is that there is very little chance of that team all riding at the same time due to PL commitments.

Blair has retired, and Cooper, I am not sure about. Think he's taking a break from the sport or something similar.

I don't think there's a great deal of difference with the team changes. It just gives Scunthorpe/Sheffield a full side again, which is good to see.

Not a huge fan of R/R at this level, but it's occured quite often with some many riders having PL commitments.

So, you're full strength team is

Irving

Oliver

Worral

Worral

Birks

Smethills

Neilsen

That's ridiculous...

Will stoke pick Scunny if they have to take a pick in the Play offs?????

Fantastic NL side yet all of them are basically reserves in the PL.

And the main firepower coming from riders who were rookies last year,impresive isnt it

Will stoke pick Scunny if they have to take a pick in the Play offs?????

I don't know what Malcolm is thinking, but I would imagine, given previous meetings, Stoke and Scunthorpe would want to avoid each other at all costs!

And the main firepower coming from riders who were rookies last year,impresive isnt it

Because riders have done so well this season :cheers: people tend to foorget that just over a year ago they were complaining that Rob Godfrey was doing things wrong by putting out such a seemingly weak looking team... :nono:

Because riders have done so well this season :cheers: people tend to foorget that just over a year ago they were complaining that Rob Godfrey was doing things wrong by putting out such a seemingly weak looking team... :nono:

Isn't Oliver one of those terrible Australian types that you, Montie, June :rolleyes::rolleyes: etc go on about??

Or is that ok when it's Scunthorpe??

Isn't Oliver one of those terrible Australian types that you, Montie, June :rolleyes::rolleyes: etc go on about??

Not sure what sort of answer you want from me. As for "those terrible Australian types" ( not how I have ever described them ) I actually remember Oliver riding against the Scorpions in the C/L when he rode for Boston. I have posted several times and referred to Australian riders being used when its at the expence of british youngsters. Sorry if you object but as a paying fan I long to see british riders of the Caliber Of Peter Collins again... We will only reap any benefits from giving our young brits the chance and help they deserve. By the way Rob Godfrey does just that!!

Passport is fine hence he goes straight into the team,over 17 years so no prob with Boarders Agency,got a genuine average,whats the drama??

That's the kind of team you can track if you blood young Brits, well done scunny, take a leaf out of their book other clubs, it could help Britain become a speedway force again in the future!

Thanks RocketBen1 ......I wanted to post a comment such as yours.....As a nation we really do need to take the sport in this direction or in the not so distant future we wont have enough british riders to compete with the rest of the world.

I think it just highlights that the abundance of riders that people claim to be available doesn't exist, those that do are not of sufficient quality to be ready to make the step up into a very competitive league and/or there are to high barriers of entry preventing them from entering & commiting to NL racing (i.e. cost, inability to travel due to age/family commitments/racenights).