British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
richiej95

Jason Garrity

Obviously Jason Garrity is a brilliant prospect and very exciting young rider, but I googled him and found his very old website that he no longer updates. It says, "Unfortunately, due to actions being taken by the people in the authority it now looks doubtful that Jason Garrity will be allowed to continue his speedway career in 2006"

I was just wondering why this was and why he nearly got prevented from riding?

Obviously Jason Garrity is a brilliant prospect and very exciting young rider, but I googled him and found his very old website that he no longer updates. It says, "Unfortunately, due to actions being taken by the people in the authority it now looks doubtful that Jason Garrity will be allowed to continue his speedway career in 2006"

He was caught eating a pear drop in class,but as you say,a brilliant and exciting prospect

Nearly banned? Why put that in the title, he was 12 in 2005! I think it was referring that basically at that age he wasn't allowed to race so couldn't progress in his speedway career. A big problem with the youth system in British speedway where as the likes of Denmark and Sweden have regular racing at young age on smaller bikes and why we don't have many decent riders coming through.

Nearly banned? Why put that in the title, he was 12 in 2005! I think it was referring that basically at that age he wasn't allowed to race so couldn't progress in his speedway career. A big problem with the youth system in British speedway where as the likes of Denmark and Sweden have regular racing at young age on smaller bikes and why we don't have many decent riders coming through.

Having seen the facility in Eskilstuna for myself recently, I couldn't agree more Rob. Mind you, some of us are having enough difficulty finding a facility for the 1st team let alone youngsters!!!! Don't lets be under any illusion here, British youngsters and eventually team GB could be just as good as any other in the world - if only we had the facilities to train the kids from a young age. Even though Im a Heathens supporter through and through, I do try to see 14 riders at a match and not just 7, but even so, I have supported all British youngsters like never before this year. The likes of Joe Jacobs, Kyle Newman, Brendan Johnson etc etc deserve all our help and support. These youngsters are 100% committed and I just hope that at the stage of their careers that they find the sponsorship they deserve.

'Ommer 'Um

Like Rob B says the website is very old, it was done by a girl who use to watch the riders at the training track, she did them for a few others Spin King Junior as well. Its not very professional but it was done by who did them in their spare time, and t even has his date of birth wrong, something that led me to make an error on his age on a thread on here.

There are people that know why Jason was prevented form riding, but it is a long time ago and is in the past and should stay there the main thing is that the lad is riding and is an excellent prospect.

Like Rob B says the website is very old, it was done by a girl who use to watch the riders at the training track, she did them for a few others Spin King Junior as well. Its not very professional but it was done by who did them in their spare time, and t even has his date of birth wrong, something that led me to make an error on his age on a thread on here.

There are people that know why Jason was prevented form riding, but it is a long time ago and is in the past and should stay there the main thing is that the lad is riding and is an excellent prospect.

very well put

trouble with england is we dwell on the past

jason garrity is probably the most talented rider since " peter craven " british speedway should back this lad

and the likes ov howarth as these could be the next collins/morton for england :t: sorry team gb :(