British Speedway Forum

Congratulations Sam Martin. So glad Ricky Ashworth didn't win it. To have him twice PLRC champion would have been a nightmare. No way he would have ever won it had it not been held at Sheffield IMO.

Well Done Sam on becoming Premier League Riders Champion 2011! :party:

At last we have some silverware to show for the season at Somerset now as well.

Congratulations Sam Martin. So glad Ricky Ashworth didn't win it. To have him twice PLRC champion would have been a nightmare. No way he would have ever won it had it not been held at Sheffield IMO.

Let us in on the secret topsoil, what has Sam Martin done today to be congratulated over? :rolleyes:

Congratulations to SAM MASTERS PLRC champion

I always felt Sam was the Aussie who was greatly overlooked when he came over at first as everyone waxed lyrical on the others who had started in reserve berths and scored well. Sam didnt have that luxury and started i the main body of the team and did well! He apparently has a fantastic attitude as well.

Well done to the young Aussie :)

No idea what forums you were viewing then, as Masters made a good impression on track at most tracks he visited and received glowing reviews on here. He certainly impressed me more in 2010 than the likes of Taylor Poole etc.

Well done to him for a superb win.

Also well done to Doyley on making the semis, he has been in a lot of pain recently due to his continuing shoulder problem. Many will think he should of packed in for the year a few months ago and got his injury seen to but he has shown superb dedication to the Wasps and to Poole and raced through the pain barrier and I for one hope his operation goes well and he returns to Newport fully fit in 2012, assuming we are running, and makes a mockery of his sub 8 figure as if he is fully fit, I am sure he will.

Nightmare for Charlie but I aint too concerned, he has been a total star for Newport since his arrival and has been the best rider to don a Wasps racejacket since I first started going to speedway. One off meeting when struggling with an old injury in a meeting like this doesnt concern me too much, just hope he is fit for the KO cup final this weekend.

Disappointing meeting, mostly from the gate and spread out with only a handful of passes. Well done to Masters. Would have been interesting if Kauko hadn't been excluded in his last ride, looked like first bend bunching to me?

The beers and the company made the night, the racing was a sad second i'm afraid.

Parker has been rotten in most of the PLRC meetings he has rode in.

Barker with Alden/Niemenin as a dark horse IMO.

I would take Ashworth to score more than Shane.Don't think he will win it but it would be a fitting end to Shane's PL career if he did.

Decent shout.

Congratulation Sam, on a well deserved victory. Superb performnance, only wish I could have been there to see it.

Just be glad u were nt there, it was not the best..

Disappointing meeting, mostly from the gate and spread out with only a handful of passes. Well done to Masters. Would have been interesting if Kauko hadn't been excluded in his last ride, looked like first bend bunching to me?

The beers and the company made the night, the racing was a sad second i'm afraid.

Agreed, the crowd had plenty of good natured banter but the RACING was piss poor....

Well done Sam Masters winning the PLRC a worthy champ

absolute pure utter drivel,suppose he had no right to win the pairs at somerset either??????????!!! well done sam masters deserved winner of a pretty poor meeting in general. one or two should be ashamed of their performances and the supporters who pay their wages deserved better!!! :shock:

one or two should be ashamed of their performances and the supporters who pay their wages deserved better!!! :shock:

Very true biggrippytackitus i think is the illness

Well done Nemo.

And congratulations to Sam Masters who rode his nuts off.(The guy was flying)

I'm pleased Ashworth didn't win, seems a very arrogant young man.

Racing wasn't great...........yet the wingers at Sheffield call Leicester.

we'll see what you do next season without Parker to carry you. ;)

absolute pure utter drivel,suppose he had no right to win the pairs at somerset either??????????!!! well done sam masters deserved winner of a pretty poor meeting in general. one or two should be ashamed of their performances and the supporters who pay their wages deserved better!!! :shock:

Think what topsoil was about if he had won it tonight it would have been a case of HTA.

Well done Sam!! Great character and great rider!! Did Mrs Machin tell Shane and ricky to save theirselves for the biggie tomorrow??????

Well Looking at the draw, time to start looking who will be contenders, spoilers, and who will be a no hoper.Time to give you Spinneys preview of the runners and riders.

Sam Masters (Somerset)

Done very well to qualify ahead of some good riders in the Somerset side, but I think that he will still do well although I don't think he will win the meeting I think he could well be a spoiler

Rating; Spoiler

Spoilt your prediction Spin King! :party:

Well done Nemo.

And congratulations to Sam Masters who rode his nuts off.(The guy was flying)

I'm pleased Ashworth didn't win, seems a very arrogant young man.

Racing wasn't great...........yet the wingers at Sheffield call Leicester.

we'll see what you do next season without Parker to carry you. ;)

are you having a laugh??? parker carrying us ???? :rofl: poor meeting admittedely but at least passing is possible/permitted at owlerton!!