British Speedway Forum

Hey, I'm just a fan and as such have no real idea about the financial ins and outs of the club, although I believe that we are lucky enough to have a very, very good main team sponsor. All I know is what we've been told by the promotion. Anything else is purely opinion and guesswork on my part, and I would suggest that as 'shrewd business people' with a healthy fan base and excellent sponsor it would be a backward step to drop back down to PL. Its hard to argue against the view that the EL has been a bit of a political mess this season with the Cov/Pet/Poole squabbling but in terms of simply turning up at the Norfolk Arena for each home meeting and enjoying whats on offer (for a price cheaper than some PL tracks) it been a very, very good year. The club has got its spark back.

Edited by Bagpuss

Jonathan has said before that things are going well, and even if ticket sales were down a bit Lynn would still be ok. There is a good crowd at Lynn (not on sky though we easily missing at least 1/3 of crowd when they show up!), seriously though it the best crowd we have had in a few years now and they know the PL got stale and the fans got bored, this year has been incredible for us with the EL boys you get some cracking racing and awesome skills - on our track anyway ;-) . The Chapmans are very good business men, like for instance using riders based in the UK they are saving themselves a fortune on air travel etc, I could well be wrong but I think our stay in the EL will be a little bit longer yet... only thing that will change that will be if very very stupid ideas are passed at the AGM in regards to the EL. The Chapmans will do whatever is best for the club and I respect that and will always follow the Stars! Regarding more assets lets see if anything happens after the Pride of the East but mainly there probably will be activity during the silly season.

Anywwwo I'll leave it there after all this is a Witches thread.

Edited by justspeedway

Cameron Heeps has confirmed in the local rags* today (Thursday, 15 September) that he plans to ride for the Witches in 2012 :)

"I'm as keen as mustard to ride for the Witches, and hopefully also continue for Mildenhall in a doubling-up capacity. I'm loving it over here and riding in the british league has always been my dream since I started riding bikes at the age of four. I'm having so much fun, and Mildenhall officials Chris Louis and Michael Lee have made sure that everything around me is relaxed. To be honest, I've done much better than I've expected."

Also, Heeps is expecting to ride in the 16-Lapper at Foxhall on 27 October - his 16th birthday :)

* East Anglian Daily Times and Evening Star (which now appears in the morning!).

Edited by Lovey

I like the comment ".. I started riding bikes since the age of FOUR" ! He is already a "veteran"!

Edited by icicle

Cameron Heeps has confirmed in the local rags* today (Thursday, 15 September) that he plans to ride for the Witches in 2012 :)

"I'm as keen as mustard to ride for the Witches, and hopefully also continue for Mildenhall in a doubling-up capacity. I'm loving it over here and riding in the british league has always been my dream since I started riding bikes at the age of four. I'm having so much fun, and Mildenhall officials Chris Louis and Michael Lee have made sure that everything around me is relaxed. To be honest, I've done much better than I've expected."

Also, Heeps is expecting to ride in the 16-Lapper at Foxhall on 27 October - his 16th birthday :)

* East Anglian Daily Times and Evening Star (which now appears in the morning!).

Heeps says the same in this weeks Speedway Star.

My possible team team for 2012 is as follows -

1. DOOLAN

2. POOLE

3. RISAGER

4. MORRIS

5. MASTERS

6. HEEPS

7. YOUNG UP AND COMING AUSSIE

A team of 6 Aussies plus Risager cant be bad for honours :t:

My possible team team for 2012 is as follows -

1. DOOLAN

2. POOLE

3. RISAGER

4. MORRIS

5. MASTERS

6. HEEPS

7. YOUNG UP AND COMING AUSSIE

A team of 6 Aussies plus Risager cant be bad for honours :t:

7. TUNGATE

As it looks odds on that Heaps will ride for ipswich next year chris mills having stated he would like to return & harts improved form would you bet against the 3 of them being at foxhall in 2012? If we had a good top 4 do you guys think we would be too weak at the botom end with those 3 or would we be better off with Hart & Heeps?

I would like to see Poole return maybe on a full transfer & Sam Masters would be a hell of a signing one other point is Bjerre off to the EL or do we think he could do with another year In the prem?

I'd like to see us go for Justin Sedgman, he will have a very low average after a poor season and he's a much much better rider then his PL average would suggest, so much room for improvement in him in 2012 that whoever gets him has a potential trump card - I'd like it to be us to go with "our" other Aussies of Doolan, Poole and Heeps (plus hopefully Masters!)

As it looks odds on that Heaps will ride for ipswich next year chris mills having stated he would like to return & harts improved form would you bet against the 3 of them being at foxhall in 2012? If we had a good top 4 do you guys think we would be too weak at the botom end with those 3 or would we be better off with Hart & Heeps?

I would like to see Poole return maybe on a full transfer & Sam Masters would be a hell of a signing one other point is Bjerre off to the EL or do we think he could do with another year In the prem?

It all depends on how hungry the promotion are and what the budget is like. If we really are going to go and try to win the title, then only a fool would have Heeps, hart and mills. As has been said you need a rider like justln at tjd bottom end of team if you want to win. We have to build a team that can get plenty of points on our travels.

Just had a look at the averages and riders I would like to see at Foxhall, and this is a team i would love:

1. Rene Bach 8,58 (good no. 1, knows all the tracks)

2. Nick Morris 5,60 (awesome around Foxhall)

3. Kevin Doolan 7,70 (Asset, Captain and bargain average)

4. Morten Risager 5,95 (Asset, and bargain average if ha has an injury free run)

5. Lasse Bjerre 6,92 (Our best away rider this year i think)

6. Ritchie Hawkins 4,65 (bargain asset, and seems to love riding for the Witches)

7. Cameron Heeps 3,00 (should be an asset soon, and one for the future)

Total: 42,41

That is potentially a team of 5 heat leaders and 2 second strings...

nothing wrong with that team. THe only thing I would say is rene seems to get injured a lot. Also like bjerre have a lot of danish commitments.

Just had a look at the averages and riders I would like to see at Foxhall, and this is a team i would love:

1. Rene Bach 8,58 (good no. 1, knows all the tracks)

2. Nick Morris 5,60 (awesome around Foxhall)

3. Kevin Doolan 7,70 (Asset, Captain and bargain average)

4. Morten Risager 5,95 (Asset, and bargain average if ha has an injury free run)

5. Lasse Bjerre 6,92 (Our best away rider this year i think)

6. Ritchie Hawkins 4,65 (bargain asset, and seems to love riding for the Witches)

7. Cameron Heeps 3,00 (should be an asset soon, and one for the future)

Total: 42,41

That is potentially a team of 5 heat leaders and 2 second strings...

Those are not their final Green Sheets though ...