British Speedway Forum

A rather extravagant generalisation.

Certainly when Ipswich were in the NsEL, I and many others were definately not offering the opinion that the racing in that league was far superior to the PL. Indeed it was the complete opposite. A diagnosis that appears to have been proved correct!!!

And a rather extravagant generalisation from you in thinking you've been proved correct that Premier league racing is superior. Of course, watching your Elite league racing at Foxhall and thrill a minute third rate gating Poles, I can understand why you would come to that misguided assumption. The dross you've been watching at Foxhall is not representative of Elite league racing one iota.

And a rather extravagant generalisation from you in thinking you've been proved correct that Premier league racing is superior. Of course, watching your Elite league racing at Foxhall and thrill a minute third rate gating Poles, I can understand why you would come to that misguided assumption. The dross you've been watching at Foxhall is not representative of Elite league racing one iota.

I haven't made any generalisations, I have made a specific comment that based on MY experience and MY opinion that I believed that racing in the PL to be better than the NsEL. A point of view that many others share, although I wouldn't be so arrogant to assume that that included everyone.

Your rather banal comment was that "if your team is in the Elite then its far superior to the rubbish served up in the Premier.....", and vice versa. That old boy is a generalisation.

Clearly comprehension is something of an issue, and to help you in your future discourse I have taken the liberty of attaching a definition of generalisation:

"a proposition asserting something to be true either of all members of a certain class or of an indefinite part of that class."

I do hope this helps, and now armed with this new found knowledge, you can now return to your beloved NsEL section with renewed vigour and authority!!!

Edited by Mr Snackette

I haven't made any generalisations, I have made a specific comment that based on MY experience and MY opinion that I believed that racing in the PL to be better than the NsEL. A point of view that many others share, although I wouldn't be so arrogant to assume that that included everyone.

Your rather banal comment was that "if your team is in the Elite then its far superior to the rubbish served up in the Premier.....", and vice versa. That old boy is a generalisation.

Clearly comprehension is something of an issue, and to help you in your future discourse I have taken the liberty of attaching a definition of generalisation:

"a proposition asserting something to be true either of all members of a certain class or of an indefinite part of that class."

I do hope this helps, and now armed with this new found knowledge, you can now return to your beloved NsEL section with renewed vigour and authority!!!

Jesus Christ you really shouldn't have gone to so much trouble!!

Jesus Christ you really shouldn't have gone to so much trouble!!

Umm I don't think Snacky is J.C., though . at times, he might think he is!

I see Chris Louis is releasing details in the middle of next week of exciting news regarding a new signing or 2 for next season. Lets hope that includes a no.1 who is capable of winning heats 13 and 15 on a regular basis and give support to Doolan.

I think Zodiak's comment was pretty spot on, and as has been said, the Birmingham fans and Kings Lynn fans have enjoyed the NsEL as you put it, and Ipswich fans seemed to have enjoyed the nothingPaboutitL. Everyone's a winner.

Has Sedgmen been mentioned as a possible signing for the Witches anywhere? A talented rider who needs to be full time in PL to get his confidence back, I reckon a good Club like Ipswich would be ideal for him for 2012

Sedgmen himself said that he would like to ride at Ipswich. Not sure about taking him on a 5.3/4ish average, with two untried (though, of course, highly rated) lads at reserve.

If Tresarrieu is returning, then the proposed line-up would be: Doolan, Tresarrieu, Poole, Risager, Tungate & Heeps - leaving 7.18 for the final rider (0.01 less than Kozza Smith's average).

Edited by Lovey

I had also come up with that team Lovey, was hopeing that BSPA have got their rounding up/down wrong and either Kozza or Matt (or any of the others) were shown 0.01 too high, but cant see it.

In the Redcar section of the speedway star, brian havelock says matt is rejoining the witches for 2012. I hope so as he is very entertaining to watch and can ride all sizes of tracks.

I bet the Ipswich promotion love Mr Havelock, thats two signings he has 'announced' before the Witches have had a chance to do so for themselves.

I think Zodiak's comment was pretty spot on, and as has been said, the Birmingham fans and Kings Lynn fans have enjoyed the NsEL as you put it, and Ipswich fans seemed to have enjoyed the nothingPaboutitL. Everyone's a winner.

Quite right.

The racing last season was a world away from what we were served up at the Norfolk Arena in the PL era, and seems that Ipswich found the change of division had the same result.

Sedgmen himself said that he would like to ride at Ipswich. Not sure about taking him on a 5.3/4ish average, with two untried (though, of course, highly rated) lads at reserve. If Tresarrieu is returning, then the proposed line-up would be: Doolan, Tresarrieu, Poole, Risager, Tungate & Heeps - leaving 7.18 for the final rider (0.01 less than Kozza Smith's average).
This team apart from much better reserves looks very much like the one in 2011 that did not win anything apart from the 4s which is only second rate anyway, is that the way we want to go again? Still a big weakness in those vital heats 13 and 15 and that needs addressing in my book. Edited by aljack

You are making it sound like Ipswich did rubbish in 2011... They was 3rd in the league, and had several big injuries during the season, which definately cost a lot of points... I personally love the look of that team..

1. Kevin Doolan

2. Taylor Poole

3. Hopefully Gathercole/Sweetman/North

4. Morten Risager

5. Matt Tres

6. Rohan Tungate

7. Cameron Heeps

That looks a very interesting team to me

If Doolan can get back to his best and average 8,5+, Risager can stay injury free and average 7,5+, and Taylor, Cameron, and Rohan can continue there improvement through out the season, then this could be a very very strong team when the Play Off's starts, with possibly one of the best reserve pairings in the league (even if 1 of the top 5 was to drop down to reserve)

You are making it sound like Ipswich did rubbish in 2011... They was 3rd in the league, and had several big injuries during the season, which definately cost a lot of points... I personally love the look of that team..

1. Kevin Doolan

2. Taylor Poole

4. Morten Risager

5. Matt Tres

6. Rohan Tungate

7. Cameron Heeps

If Doolan can get back to his best and average 8,5+, Risager can stay injury free and average 7,5+, and Taylor, Cameron, and Rohan can continue there improvement through out the season, then this could be a very very strong team when the Play Off's starts, with possibly

one of the best reserve pairings in the league (even if 1 of the top 5 was to drop down to reserve)

"one of the best reserves in the league" Your

statement is based on what ?

This team apart from much better reserves looks very much like the one in 2011 that did not win anything apart from the 4s which is only second rate anyway, is that the way we want to go again? Still a big weakness in those vital heats 13 and 15 and that needs addressing in my book.

Just can't resist trolling can you?

Moaning about a team that only has 3 confirmed riders so far - one of which you spent the majority of last season drooling over!!

Pathetic

• Like 1

"one of the best reserves in the league" Your

statement is based on what ?

On what has been seen of them so far. that is my opinion, and I think both Cameron and Rohan will up their averages quite a bit (Cameron 5+, Rohan 6+), and not many teams has a combined reserve average of over 8 (or 11 if i'm right)

Edited by treborbee
  • Like 1

1. Kevin Doolan

2. Taylor Poole

4. Morten Risager

5. Matt Tres

6. Rohan Tungate

7. Cameron Heeps

If Doolan can get back to his best and average 8,5+, Risager can stay injury free and average 7,5+, and Taylor, Cameron, and Rohan can continue there improvement through out the season, then this could be a very very strong team when the Play Off's starts, with possibly one of the best reserve pairings in the league (even if 1 of the top 5 was to drop down to reserve)

No Im not saying Witches did rubbish in finishing 3rd but just commenting on the team put forward as its very much like last seasons team apart from 2 very exciting reserves. My worry as Ive stated before is heats 13 and 15 where the Witches have dipped out many a time during 2011. Yes "if" doolan ups his average to 8.5 he will be a genuine no1 but will he? I must admit I wanted Masters but now see he has signed for Somerset again, so who now fits the bill of a genuine no1 for the Witches?