British Speedway Forum

6.17 is closer to 6 than 6.5 icon_smile_tongue.gif but I Fo accept it was a nasty injury, I'm not sure it was enough to take a point off his average. Funny rider Morten, I used to think he had something about him, I've seen him pass Crump, Andersen and Bjarne while they were all at their best but him seen him passed by PL second strings in the same meeting. It just makes me think he'll always struggle to get any more than 6. I remember being laughed at 12 months ago for suggesting he would struggle to get 7.

I think the injury was enough to take a point off his average. When the injury happened at Rye, he was starting to ride very well after an average start and was banging in double figures. The injury really was awful and the pics he showed on his return made you feel physically sick. When he came back he was very very tentative and it took him a lot longer to recover than Chris Louis admitted he hoped. But slowly but surely he again began to improve at the tail end of the season.

I don't think an average of at least 7 for Morten Risager is over ambitious.

The more you look at our side, the more impressive it looks. You can see EVERY rider chipping in with steady scores that more often than not will total 45+. There really isn't a duffer in there is there?

Edited by CardinalSin

no you got no Duffers in your team But you have got no British riders either should not be allowed its disgusting Chris Louis what are you doing at Mildenhall whats the point if you dont give british riders a team place now.

no you got no Duffers in your team But you have got no British riders either should not be allowed its disgusting Chris Louis what are you doing at Mildenhall whats the point if you dont give british riders a team place now.

Cos he hasn't got any British riders that are up to competitive PL standard at the moment ... maybe in 2013, if the lads at Mildenhall make the hoped-for progress. Huge investment in time and effort by Louis, Lee & Jolly, but it will not happen instantly.

• Like 1

We had 3 last year. This year the best possible septet was put together by the promotion that just happened to not include a British rider. They're not going to put one in there just for the sake of having a British rider if he's not the best option :rolleyes:

Another patriotic fanatic who probably goes to bed in his union jack pants signing god save the queen.
  • Like 1

Another patriotic fanatic who probably goes to bed in his union jack pants signing god save the queen.

SIGNING god save the queen? how does that work?

SIGNING god save the queen? how does that work?

I think you'll find it what some deaf people do!!!

Edited by Mr Snackette
  • Like 1

I think you'll find it what some deaf people do!!!

but surely not in the dark with your union jack pants on

but surely not in the dark with your union jack pants on

What some deaf people do in the privacy of their own home is up to them........and don't call me Shirley!!!!!!!

We had 3 last year. This year the best possible septet was put together by the promotion that just happened to not include a British rider. They're not going to put one in there just for the sake of having a British rider if he's not the best option :rolleyes:

All you lot just dont get it we dont give our own grown riders the chance to step up,we just go on signing overseas riders.Poland have a restriction on non poles in there teams so that they use their own and look how they produce good riders .Then we sign em over a british lad then moan that we are not producing any good riders.The national league is doing a great job bringing riders on then they hit a brick wall called premire league who are allowed to fill there teams with foreign riders and bring them on this is repeated every year what i would like to see is a limmit put on like the poles do and get on with helping our own lads come through not rocket sience i am sure.

All you lot just dont get it we dont give our own grown riders the chance to step up,we just go on signing overseas riders.Poland have a restriction on non poles in there teams so that they use their own and look how they produce good riders .Then we sign em over a british lad then moan that we are not producing any good riders.The national league is doing a great job bringing riders on then they hit a brick wall called premire league who are allowed to fill there teams with foreign riders and bring them on this is repeated every year what i would like to see is a limmit put on like the poles do and get on with helping our own lads come through not rocket sience i am sure.

I might just stand back and let 'Snacky' deal with the grammar and spelling on this one!!!!

I might just stand back and let 'Snacky' deal with the grammar and spelling on this one!!!!

I wouldn't dare!!

It appears these days that close enough is near enough......mind you in this case, I think "close" is being rather generous!!!

All you lot just dont get it we dont give our own grown riders the chance to step up,we just go on signing overseas riders.Poland have a restriction on non poles in there teams so that they use their own and look how they produce good riders .

It's debateable how "good" the Polish riders are. There's no doubt that they generally have more experience - exactly the same as the Aussies.

But moaning is no good - some options need to be suggested and tried.

Then we sign em over a british lad then moan that we are not producing any good riders.The national league is doing a great job bringing riders on then they hit a brick wall called premire league who are allowed to fill there teams with foreign riders and bring them on this is repeated every year what i would like to see is a limmit put on like the poles do and get on with helping our own lads come through not rocket sience i am sure.

The NL is trying to produce better riders, and it will start to happen, but not instantly - exactly as I mentioned in my reply to your original rant.

My solution is to prevent riders such as, e.g. (that means example only and I'm not singling him out) Simon Nielsen, only being allowed to ride in the PL on their assessed average, and not less. It's luaghable that Nielsen, and other young foreign riders, can come back on 3.50-4.00 averages, when they are clearly not capable of achieving that assessed average. If he had to come back on a 7.00, Nielsen would not be such an attractive signing. Using that approach, only the foreign riders who immediately step up to expectations will be employed, while the others will have to go back to their own countries to prove themselves worthy of a British team place.

(edited fro rubbish toping ;) )

Edited by Lovey

It's debateable how "good" the Polish riders are. There's no doubt that they generally have more experience - exactly the same as the Aussies.

But moaning is no good - some options need to be suggested and tried.

The NL is trying to produce better riders, and it will start to happen, but not instantly - exactly as I mentioned in my reply to your original rant.

My solution is to prevent riders such as, e.g. (that means example only and I'm not singling him out) Simon Nielsen, only being allowed to ride in the PL on a their assessed average, and not less. It's lauaghable that Nielsen, and other young foreign riders, can come back on 3.50-4.00 averages, whe they are clearly not capable of achieveing that assessed average. If he had to come back on a 7.00, Nielsen would not be such an attractive signing. Using that approach, only the foreign riders who immediately step up to expectations will be employed, while the others will have to go back to their own countries to prove themselves worthy of a British team place.

I tend to agree that "assessed" foriegners should keep their assessed average till they reach it,it would encouragePromoters to stick with young Brits for a couple of seasons if they are progressing.