British Speedway Forum
Shadders

Hackney Experiment Over

The Rye House Raiders make a full time return to the NL next year replacing the Hackney Hawks according to the Ryehousefans Twitter page

Not surprised as the Hawks have been playing to mostly dismal crowds at Rye House... It remains to be seen whether the return of the Raiders attracts many more through the gate... I'd suggest a fairer pricing policy with regards to under 16's would help.

i agree shads. NL prices at rye have reached their limit for me. i might pay it to see the top teams or if i'm desperate for a meeting. :unsure:

i agree shads. NL prices at rye have reached their limit for me. i might pay it to see the top teams or if i'm desperate for a meeting. :unsure:

I'm not particularly bothered about the £12 for myself, but a reduction to £2 for kids under 16 could help to bring a few more through the gate who would normally not consider going in my opinion... I'd certainly be considering attending more NL meetings at Rye House if the pricing policy was in line with most other clubs

Edited by Shadders

Iam not surprise some of the fans have been horrible about hackney riding at rye well i hope that no more hawks will make them happy .Watts in a name the hackney hawks will never die well done boys great riding this year

Press release here

Hmm, and not one which makes a whole lot of sense..

Says the fixture on the 18th. shall be the "Hawks' last ever" (something I'm sure a lot of people would like to think could one day be proved wrong...) but then goes onto say that actually the team shall be called the RH Raiders for this challenge match..! :blink:

Says really all that needs to be about how the so-called 'experiment' was treated by the RH half of the set-up...

Says the fixture on the 18th. shall be the "Hawks' last ever" (something I'm sure a lot of people would like to think could one day be proved wrong...) but then goes onto say that actually the team shall be called the RH Raiders for this challenge match..! :blink:

Says really all that needs to be about how the so-called 'experiment' was treated by the RH half of the set-up...

A bit better than Lakeside..Len did not pull the plug half way through the season,and will run a team in the National League next season because bringing on youngsters is important to him and British Speedway..

I think you will find that Paul has done some editing on the official press release here ;)

A bit better than Lakeside..Len did not pull the plug half way through the season,and will run a team in the National League next season because bringing on youngsters is important to him and British Speedway..

Okay I accept Cookie ran less 'Hackney' meetings than Len (that was always likely) but at least when staged at Lakeside the NL matches were 'branded' fully as Hackney matches. RH didn't do so at all - playing into the hands of those (many of here who've made their position clear from the start..) who wanted this 'experiment' to fail...

Tell me where would've been the harm in the simple expediency of at least having a 'Hackney' prog at the RH-staged Hawks matches...?

Okay I accept Cookie ran less 'Hackney' meetings than Len (that was always likely) but at least when staged at Lakeside the NL matches were 'branded' fully as Hackney matches. RH didn't do so at all - playing into the hands of those (many of here who've made their position clear from the start..) who wanted this 'experiment' to fail...

Tell me where would've been the harm in the simple expediency of at least having a 'Hackney' prog at the RH-staged Hawks matches...?

Dispite the promoting failures , and there were some agreed ,I do not believe the Hackney branding went down well with the Rye fans, Though i believe the major problem at both tracks was the pricing policy ,and i dont hold out much hope of it changing next season . But at least Rye will continue the developement of British youngsters..Which has to be good for speedway in this country..

Will you stop about the bloody programme, it's all you hark on about. :rolleyes:

Lakeside may have branded the meetings as Hackney but they didn't fulfil all of those fixtures did they? The Hackney 'experiment' was no doubt a failure, both sets of promotions have to take some portion of the blame whilst of course on the flip side if people didn't want to go then no amount of promotion would have made them.

I'm delighted that (as I suggested months ago) the Raiders nickname is coming back, it has certainly re-kindled my interest as the name means something to me and i'm sure other Rye fans will feel the same. I hope we go back to basics next year, track a team of youngsters and drop the admission prices so that the stadium has a crowd in it each week. I don't care if our NL team comes first or last, if we can bring some future stars through it will have done it's job.

Will you stop about the bloody programme, it's all you hark on about. :rolleyes:

Lakeside may have branded the meetings as Hackney but they didn't fulfil all of those fixtures did they? The Hackney 'experiment' was no doubt a failure, both sets of promotions have to take some portion of the blame whilst of course on the flip side if people didn't want to go then no amount of promotion would have made them.

I'm delighted that (as I suggested months ago) the Raiders nickname is coming back, it has certainly re-kindled my interest as the name means something to me and i'm sure other Rye fans will feel the same. I hope we go back to basics next year, track a team of youngsters and drop the admission prices so that the stadium has a crowd in it each week. I don't care if our NL team comes first or last, if we can bring some future stars through it will have done it's job.

What is your problem ,it is only a name .The team that is based 50% of the time at Rye is nearly the same as last year.Next year is nearly going to be the same probably.Years ago there was a team called "Southern Rovers" and there home matches were raced here there and every where.It was only a NAME to get another team into the league.But I do feel that reading a lot of R/H followers post that they are very fickle!!!!

What is your problem ,it is only a name .The team that is based 50% of the time at Rye is nearly the same as last year.Next year is nearly going to be the same probably.Years ago there was a team called "Southern Rovers" and there home matches were raced here there and every where.It was only a NAME to get another team into the league.But I do feel that reading a lot of R/H followers post that they are very fickle!!!!

Yet another poster who lives on history, I have no problem, unless the truth that the Hackney 'experiment' has been a failure is a problem.

Yet another poster who lives on history, I have no problem, unless the truth that the Hackney 'experiment' has been a failure is a problem.

:blink:

RH fans had a problem with the Hackney brand, had a problem with the 'Cobras' nickname (now I have literally NO idea why so!! :rolleyes: ) but will all come back in their droves when the Raiders moniker is restored...!!

Yeh, yeh...: until the next tiny semantic details throws up 'good reason' to stop going again!

It's NL Speedway and as others have said plenty of times, in large measure the same young riders...: why not just support it..?!

A cheap and nasty attempt to recreate the Cradley success, with absolutely none of the effort put in. Nothing done to engage either Raiders fans to keep coming or Hawks supporters to come back to the sport, doomed to failure from the start.