British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahLapworth

Dudley Sign A 43 Year Old!

Although I stand by my original comment about giving youngsters priority I'll admit I was wrong about Mark and I'll take my hat off to him last night. Well done!!

Kelvin Lapworth

He wasnt too fussed about what you said anyway Kelvin, he just laughed. I think riders like Mark are great for our sport & bringing on youngsters,there should be more older riders like him in the NL, they have bags full of speedway experiance plus more impotantly they have life experiance to bring a team together & mature it ready for the next step,Lets face it the kids of today don't like to listen to old has beens but they listen when the old has been is out there riding and part of there team. I think the best way to produce british riders is to have ameture leagues for novice to a 2 or 3 point av NL rider Have NL for riders of any age & then the PL must have at least have 2 brits per team & same for EL, there's loads of foreign riders riding in the uk that could be replaced by brits.

We also need more training facilities, i think your wife mentioned something about mallory park ?? brilliant its the way forward, theres loads of possible sites all over the country & we dont need stadium's just a track in a feild where kids can rider regular & progress, you should av a chat with Mark if u ever get the chance because he's pasionate about speedway & really has a lot to offer the youngsters of the sport

keep up the good work

kieron

Mark Robinson..43 years old ..

1st competitive match in 19 years on a tricky track.....7 + 2 from 4 rides....I think we should sign him up for next year.Make a very useful 3 point reserve. :cheers:

Great "debut" from Mark aand having met him at the Leicester v Dudley challenge match for the first time, one of his objectives in riding again was to show that you don't have to spend a fortune on machinery to win. I am not sure one meeting can provide a fair assessment and not being there, I don't know if it was his bike or not, but well done to Mark anyway on what looked like a great evening for you.

Edited by Great Central

Apologies to Lee Geary - Someone has, rightly on reflection, pointed out my comment earlier was a bit harsh. I shouldn't have singled Lee out to make a general point. I wish Lee all the best and if he's picked up the pace lately then maybe someone has noticed and he might get his chance next season. :)

Look again mate, it's in the thread title. :wink:

He was one of a handful that didn't quite make a real break through. Scott Smith was the only one to properly establish himself in the first team. He's been working with some of the lads since our return so it'll be interesting to see if he can practice what he preaches. :lol::P

well i think he sure did show you he practiced what he preaches , and it aint preaching, its called sharing experiences, that some of theses lads need. And as for your comment he is handful that didnt quite make it, riding for cradley alongside Jano greg n Billy i think thats making it.

mrs bananawomen lol

Great "debut" from Mark aand having met him at the Leicester v Dudley challenge match for the first time, one of his objectives in riding again was to show that you don't have to spend a fortune on machinery to win. I am not sure one meeting can provide a fair assessment and not being there, I don't know if it was his bike or not, but well done to Mark anyway on what looked like a great evening for you.

yes he did use his own bike,if you knew mark wellenough you would knw he does what he says he is guna do.And yes it was a great meeting . And like he as already said a big thank you to all those who supported him and us xx

mrs bananawomen