British Speedway Forum

Is there a bar?

dont think you can call this a scamble, more of an enduro cross. looks pretty good though :D

The day after the Monster Energy SGP at Western Springs, is the Red Bull Scramble at Westhaven Pier in the central city, admission is free.

http://www.redbull.c...021243160842669

sounds nice :approve: , at least now we can see some motor action in the area after the GP :t: :t:

WORTH a look ...

http://speedwaygp.com/news/article/1140/auckland-bound

GETTING all the riders' equipment to New Zealand presented a huge challenge and the original plan was for wooden containers that would form each rider's pit bay at the event. But they have evolved since then, metal has replaced wood and the design has changed many times. But, as the photo shows, the final product is proving perfect for the task and the whole process will prove invaluable in the months and tears ahead as and when the series goes further afield.

I would have thought Crumpy will be sending his gear over separately. He's still in Oz and will be driving in the Celebrity Challenge at the Australian F1GP this weekend, then practising behind closed doors at Kurri Kurri in the week before the NZSGP

Edited by BigFatDave

I would have thought Crumpy will be sending his gear over separately. He's still in Oz and will be driving in the Celebrity Challenge at the Australian F1GP this weekend, then practising behind closed doors at Kurri Kurri in the week before the NZSGP

Unless he's changed his set up, he tended to keep his GP equipment with his European team in Sweden. Mind you this may now be different.

There's been a delay in sending the crates,

at the last minute Tomas Gollob asked to have one of his bike out of the crate.

He then changed his timing and put the bike back in. Then as they were closing it up he decided to take the other bike out and replaced it with another.

• Like 3

He then changed his timing and put the bike back in. Then as they were closing it up he decided to take the other bike out and replaced it with another.

Brilliant.. :lol:

Unless he's changed his set up, he tended to keep his GP equipment with his European team in Sweden. Mind you this may now be different.

At the Boxing Day meeting at Kurri Kurri he was experimenting with three or four motors (in five races - kept Strider going flat out in the pits, what with new rear tyres for each race as well!) with the view to using two in the GPs. Not much point sending them over to bring 'em back again. I'd imagine his frames, etc would have been sent over though - fair few ex-Crumpy machines circulating over here.

So what day do you get into Auckland BFD?

Half-past twelve Friday morning - OMG! Lunchy & the Kirbys get in a bit earlier - that'll give 'em time to fill the fridge. Dick Barrie'll be there Wednesday - He'll be looking for freebies as usual! Campo's managed to sleaze into the VIP section; he's promised to wave to us while he's knee-deep in free pi$$!

I was half way through reading this and I thought to myself 'why does this not surprise me'

then I realised it was tongue in cheek.

Half-past twelve Friday morning - OMG! Lunchy & the Kirbys get in a bit earlier - that'll give 'em time to fill the fridge. Dick Barrie'll be there Wednesday - He'll be looking for freebies as usual! Campo's managed to sleaze into the VIP section; he's promised to wave to us while he's knee-deep in free pi$$!

Tuesday 10am don't be late on Friday a lot to catch up on especially the pi$$

:lol: :lol: Legend!