British Speedway Forum

As per usual our barking up the wrong tree Poland not start till after he GP date in New Zealand and yet again you are comiting on something that you will never attend

I thought that was a BSF tradition among our computer-bound members, Dobbie? :rofl: Wet Ar$e last night mate? :drink::cheers: As long as you managed to balance the Fluid levels, inside & out! :t:

You've had thought some thought would have been given towards the European leagues, and this round held at the end of February rather than the end of March. :nono:

All the best

Rob

Exactly my immediate thoughts when the news broke. Seems crazy to hold it during the start of the Eiropean seasons.

Exactly my immediate thoughts when the news broke. Seems crazy to hold it during the start of the Eiropean seasons.

BILL Buckley is the only man in New Zealand capable of promoting a GP ... Western Springs is the only viable and suitable venue ... not available until the conclusion of their car season in March.

Also ... not practical or reasonable to awake riders from their winter slumbers and expect them to fly halfway round the world, compete in a GP, and their continue their break... would also be too big a gap between the opening round and the second.

Swedish, Polish and British leagues were consulted... riders will leave Europe on Sunday, March 25th and be back on the morning of Tuesday, April 3rd, bikes and all equipment 48 hours later. How many British teams will that seriously disrupted for one week?

BILL Buckley is the only man in New Zealand capable of promoting a GP ... Western Springs is the only viable and suitable venue ... not available until the conclusion of their car season in March.

Also ... not practical or reasonable to awake riders from their winter slumbers and expect them to fly halfway round the world, compete in a GP, and their continue their break... would also be too big a gap between the opening round and the second.

Swedish, Polish and British leagues were consulted... riders will leave Europe on Sunday, March 25th and be back on the morning of Tuesday, April 3rd, bikes and all equipment 48 hours later. How many British teams will that seriously disrupted for one week?

Were the riders consulted?

Aussies and NZ riders over the years do this every year, change it around for once and its not good enough. We're not 6 weeks away, its only 24 hours.

Since when have the GP organisers given a t*ss about riders and fans ?

But as has been mentioned earlier, that's impossible in New Zealand because Western Springs midget car/sprint car season runs until the early weeks of March.

Edited by speedyguy

I live in New Zealand and have done so for the past 5 yrs and can't wait to some speedway action here....

If anybody would like any info on New Zealand then please personal message me and i will get in touch.

I live 3 hrs from Auckland but willing to help out where ever possible.

Alan

I live in New Zealand and have done so for the past 5 yrs and can't wait to some speedway action here....

If anybody would like any info on New Zealand then please personal message me and i will get in touch.

I live 3 hrs from Auckland but willing to help out where ever possible.

Alan

G'day Alan, and greetings from Bloody Darwin! Flights are booked; Lunchy's heading over as well, Checking on accommodation in the next few days - you're about to be invaded! :rofl::drink:

Akl you need to know about NZ is it's fulla Kiwis! :cheers:

There's more over there than there is in Oz!! :rolleyes:

Aussies and NZ riders over the years do this every year, change it around for once and its not good enough. We're not 6 weeks away, its only 24 hours.

What are you on about? Aussies and Kiwis choose to come over here. :rolleyes:

How many British teams will that seriously disrupted for one week?

It isn't just this round though. It's the other 11 rounds as well... :(

so whats the racing going to be like ? most riders rusty and no meetings to set equipment up.

Why is it in NZ rather than Australia with Australia having such a big speedway community? Or, is it that the NZ speedway have made it happen, rather than Australian speedway making it happen?

not found anyone in oz that wants to lose a load cash :P vegas is the best place to hold a gp. got everything, weather-stadium and lots to do. look at the supercross there next weekend, will be packed out and million dollors to winner of all races.

Since when have the GP organisers given a t*ss about riders and fans ?

PRESUME you are not talking about GP riders or fans at GP events? Both very well catered for.