British Speedway Forum
Ben91

Rye House 2012

I think doubling up is a bad idea because if a rider gets injured then both teams suffer by not being able to use that rider. I also think rider replacement should be used for every team rather than getting another rider to ride for them for the same reason

I need to read posts better,still won`t be buying the prog though,it`s awful.I`ve noticed a lot of the local fans bring their own scorecard rather than puchase the prog.

Cant believe the Rye management haven't cottoned on to the Redcar managements brainwave. In an effort to stop fans printing their own scorecards they now issue the teams in the local paper in alphabetical order rather than riding order. They didnt think that fans would just print them with the numbers 1 - 7 instead of names :rofl:

Cant believe the Rye management haven't cottoned on to the Redcar managements brainwave. In an effort to stop fans printing their own scorecards they now issue the teams in the local paper in alphabetical order rather than riding order. They didnt think that fans would just print them with the numbers 1 - 7 instead of names :rofl:

I have about 500 blank programmes at home, I printed them with my left over print credits at Uni. I can just write the 14 named in on the left one time and my programme is ready to fill in. Mind you, I have not filled in a programme for 5 years now! The only time it's an issue is while watching GPs.

A lot of programmes are always subject to change on the night anyway, so you just make adjustments on the night if you print the scorecard with names on it.

Even if so, surely fans are savvy enough to look at the riding orders of the teams over their last few meeting, unless the averages have just changed, then the order is likely to stay the same.

So Nelson is to double up for the 2012 season with Elite league side Birmingham, should be a good experience for the 'no fear cavalier' just hope he can stay injury free and Rye House still to take priority. Come on the Rockets :party:

Great for Nelson but if he gets injured for Birmingham who will Rye get to replace him probably use R/R as he will be three or four and with Bunyan doubling up as well we will struggle to replace both if they both get injured at the same time

Easy way to solve that, you give them 1k a week not to ride in the EL.

This is Len your talking about.

Great for Nelson but if he gets injured for Birmingham who will Rye get to replace him probably use R/R as he will be three or four and with Bunyan doubling up as well we will struggle to replace both if they both get injured at the same time

Bunyan has developed a bit of a reputation for injuries of late,if he stays fit he could be a matchwinner.Nelson is a bit wild so the above could happen.......tricky.

Len has built this team with no recognised 3rd heat leader and is obviously banking on Nelson to fill the role the unusual tactic of building a team from the bottom up and not using all the points availible could back fire spectactually, especially if any key riders get injured..

At least if they get injured in the early part of the season we will be able to replace them with a rider who has an average of upto 2.33 points above the injured rider. :blink: Just like Doyle for Boxall last season. :approve:

• Like 1

Easy way to solve that, you give them 1k a week not to ride in the EL.

The whole point of riding EL is to sharpen up - even with a large degree of overlap, racing at that level still has a harder edge, and obviously the handful of top riders are definitely there to learn from. If Nelson can steer clear of injury, then the outings he gets for Birmingham should be beneficial as a rider, and potentially for Rye House too if it helps him step-up performance-wise in the PL. I don't think a "bribe" would stop him from wanting to experience the EL.

Anyway: from what I saw of RH last year, £1k a week is about £2 per paying attendee :o

Edited by Lovey

Oh if only we had kept Doyle he could still be here now and we would have 3 decent heat leaders..