British Speedway Forum
Ben91

Rye House 2012

I am assuming the tinned variety of 'ahem' beer, is cheaper to procure? After all, you can get 72 tins in M..ro for 30.00. Sell em for 2.50 each, makes a tidy 500% profit.

Any beer you take in will be cheaper than buying it from the ladies behind the bar.

It's a shame that the management can't invest in improved 'Customer Service' that would increase their income, rather than 'cut costs' by reducing the bar's to an 'Off License' status.

Time to call for wholesale changes I'm afraid. Some one with investment, commitment to the team and an eye on the future.

Actually thought it was all about the speedway rather than beer and chips all of which if its so urgent are all available outside . I would rather have a good attractive team to watch performing on a well prepared race track. That's what it's all about surely. What the club takes in bar and food outlets is not of any interest to me. You either buy the stuff or not, your choice

As far as someone with investment and an eye for the future The Russell Brothers anyone? They always have the ability to shut a track down if that's what you want. Silver purchased the Lease to the stadium has improved it no end compared to what it was like in the bad old days. As far as an eye on the future has any current Promoter in British Speedway done more to nurture new talent. If there is such a beast name him. As far as commitment to the team Silver has always rewarded riders who show their commitment to the club. Seems fair to me.

• Like 1

I agree westhamboyy66 but i would like to see elite league speedway at Rye. But i don't think i will ever see it while Len is in charge. It's great to see new talent coming through but the money is in Elite league with tv money and a better team would mean bigger gates no matter what is sold in the bar or the chip shop.

Thought Garrity looked very fast and controlled. Thought Morley and Searjent - assuming he was the red and black leathers- looked good too for the raiders. Unless the rest have been practising at other times it amazes me how little laps these riders actually put in before the season starts. Anyone know who it was who was wearing the black overalls who looked like he was riding Nelsons old equipment?

I agree westhamboyy66 but i would like to see elite league speedway at Rye. But i don't think i will ever see it while Len is in charge. It's great to see new talent coming through but the money is in Elite league with tv money and a better team would mean bigger gates no matter what is sold in the bar or the chip shop.

Better RACING will provide bigger gates imo, no matter what anyone tries to tell you it is still a big gate and go track at Rye which would not change whoever turns up to race.I personally think it needs to be wider especially on the straights,which are very narrow,I don`t think I ever seen three abreast there,too scary.We often discuss whether the track could be widened by using the dog track which I think is not used any more.It may cost the Rockets a bit of home advantage to begin with,but I believe once they are bedded in the racing would improve.For what it is worth I would certainly make more visits.

• Like 1

Horrible crashes last night (( Rumour has it that Neathy maybe out for sometime ??

Short term plans need to be sorted. I dont know if it works numerically but how about extend Lanhams contract as required and draft in Gathercole for temp replacement of Nelson.

Rest of team on last nights performance ;

Jordan, looked good but needs to push that final bit to be in top grade of PL riders

Hawkins, made at least one start and looked really good. When start not made looked very average.

Bunyan, okay. but not GP material ;) Hope they have a wide lens at the NZ GP or we wont see him after the tapes go up.

Garrity , an unguided missile )) Another Nelson ? And hey he hasn't turned out too bad ))

Luke ????? I like the guy, but he certainly needed something last night. Trailed round at the back most of the time ((

Best of luck to all the injured riders last night. But it may seem callous but speedway moves on so we have to plan for sometime without Chris if it turns out that way.

No official news on Chris so might not be as bad as vague rumours suggest. we wish him well...Lanham was outstanding for the Rockets lets hope we can hang on to him ? the rest well only fleeting moments from Hawkins,,same could be said of wild boy Garrity who had several tasts of the ipswich dirt,,still at least he won a race..Not sure what was wrong with Frampton,, he usually flies round here..Steady points from Bunyan,, but Bowen not at the races,,will need to do better at home to justify Lens undieing faith in him .....Weather looks dodgy for the return on sat, i cant make it anyway,, working,,This was the worst meeting ive ever seen at Ipswich,,come to think of it i cant remember when i last saw a good one...

Edited by waco

No official news on Chris so might not be as bad as vague rumours suggest....Lanham was outstanding for the Rockets lets hope we can hang on to him ? the rest well only fleeting moments from Hawkins,,same could be said of wild boy Garrity who had several tasts of the ipswich dirt,,still at least he won a race..Not sure what was wrong with Frampton,, he usually flies round here..Steady points from Bunyan,, but Bowen not at the races,,will need to do better at home to justify Lens undieing faith in him .....Weather looks dodgy for the return on sat, i cant make it anyway working,,This was the worst meeting ive ever seen at Ipswich,,come to think of it i cant remember whe i saw agood one...

The Ipswich Star has reported that Rye House captain Chris Neath suffered neck injuries and he is also waiting to see whether he will need surgery.

says on bspa site neck and spinal coloum and has had operation looks like hes out for best part of season

just had another look says undergoing operation and several vertebrae may also nead to be fused

Edited by scarra

This is terrible news on Chris im sure every one is wishing him well and hopeing for a complete recovery as time goes on.......

Terrible news indeed for Chris and his family in particular, not to mention Rye House and their fans of course. My thoughts are with Chris and his family - let's hope that the operation is successful and that we'll have positive news on him soon.

With the bad news that Chris Neath will be out for possibly the season, who can fill the shoes at the No.1 slot?

Lanham 7.53, Gjedda 8.88, Gathercole 6.84, Pontus Aspergren 8.00?, Denis Gizatullin 8.00? :t:

Or if we are looking for a budget deal, Brent Werner or Tommy 'two laps' Allen !!!!! :rofl:

Might be wrong but I`m not sure Cory would be too keen on Rye`s tight strip, gating is not one of his strong points.