British Speedway Forum
Ben91

Rye House 2012

If you look at the Premier League Team Declarations issued today 15/8/2012 on the BSPA website, you won't find Simon listed as a Rye House rider, so it doesn't look as though he's a 'Silver Ski Rocket' as we speak.

There could be an issue over this. The current averages are:-

Charlie 9.22

Kasper 7.00

Anders 6.30

Simon 5.64

Luke 5.57

Jason B 5.15

Jason G 4.26

TOTAL 43.14.

I have used Simon's outgoing PL average during his time with Sheffield in 2011. I am not aware that he has ridden in the PL this year.

Edited by tocha

Charlie 9.22

Kasper 7.00

Anders 6.30

Simon 5.64

Luke 5.57

Jason B 5.15

Jason G 4.26

TOTAL 43.14.

I have used Simon's outgoing PL average during his time with Sheffield in 2011. I am not aware that he has ridden in the PL this year.

He had 17 official meetings for Leicester, one of them at Rye House where he scored 6 points.

The BSPA greensheets for the end of June, when he left Leicester, show him on an average of 5.22; Ritchies current average is shown as 5.38

Edited by Shadders

Simon 5.64

Simon's current average (listed under Leicester) is 5.19 which replaces Ritchie's 5.38, so no problem there.

He had 17 official meetings for Leicester, one of them at Rye House where he scored 6 points.

The BSPA greensheets for the end of June, when he left Leicester, show him in an average of 5.22

Thanks. Simon's exploits for Leicester this year had passed me by but, as the years progress, this happens with alarming repetition. Worse still, I think I was at that meeting!

Everything in the Rye House garden is fine then and I am sure Nelson will emerge eventually!

Simon's current average (listed under Leicester) is 5.19 which replaces Ritchie's 5.38, so no problem there.

How did Simons average drop by 0.03 during the month of July when he rode his last meeting for Leicester on 30th June?

Thanks. Simon's exploits for Leicester this year had passed me by but, as the years progress, this happens with alarming repetition. Worse still, I think I was at that meeting!

Everything in the Rye House garden is fine then and I am sure Nelson will emerge eventually!

I had to think hard about where he had been this year, so you're not alone. He's never struck me as a Rye House sort of signing.

I'm willing to stick my neck out and say he'll not be around to see October. More in the Jason King/Ray Morton/Robbie Kessler mould than a long term prospect.

Edited by Shadders

How did Simons average drop by 0.03 during the month of July when he rode his last meeting for Leicester on 30th June?

I had to think hard about where he had been this year, so you're not alone. He's never struck me as a Rye House sort of signing.

I'm willing to stick my neck out and say he'll not be around to see October. More in the Jason King/Ray Morton/Robbie Kessler mould than a long term prospect.

h

He seems to have dropped 3 races in the figures quoted in the latest averages,

Lambert isn't an inspiring signing, though Hawkins wasn't exactly setting the world alight either! He'll be just like Brundle last year, a stop gap til the end of the season. Now the averages have changed we've missed the boat on a 7 point rider to replace Luke, will be interesting to see who does come in, maybe an assessed 5 pointer but we have to act very quickly if we want to get someone an average for next season.

We're doing the right things building for next season, Gjedde, Melgren, Neilsen, Bunyan, Garrity and Nelson plus one other, potentially Lanham or Kling, would be a very tasty looking line up.

Well it appears that Simon Lambert will not be a Rocket this season after all

Taken from the Stoke website

STOKE Easy Rider Potters are delighted to announce that Simon Lambert will remain at the club after deliberation between Rye House and the speedway authorities have confirmed that Simon is not eligible to double up.

Given the situation Simon Lambert has opted to remain with the club for the remainder of the season something which Simon had always maintained would always be the case in such circumstances.

Stoke team manager Malcolm Vasey said “Simon has proven to be a man of integrity. He promised me at the outset of his current arrangement with Stoke that he would remain with the club until the end of the season. Despite offers from elsewhere Simon has remained resolute that he would continue as a Potter. I admire his resilience and honesty which is a rare quality these days.”

Simon will ride at Buxton in the new look Stoke septet which faces the Hitmen in the National Trophy on Sunday.

So - will Richie be staying after all ?

Wheres Chris ???

I thought he would be on here already, slagging off and abusing Len for his mistake in announcing the hiring of a rider that was not finalised.

Although I must admit on this one, its a right c*** up and egg on the managements faces.

Whos going to ride on Saturday ?, if I was Richie I would tell them where to shove it !!! So I wouldnt be suprised to see young Ben making another appearance.

Well it appears that Simon Lambert will not be a Rocket this season after all

Taken from the Stoke website

STOKE Easy Rider Potters are delighted to announce that Simon Lambert will remain at the club after deliberation between Rye House and the speedway authorities have confirmed that Simon is not eligible to double up.

Given the situation Simon Lambert has opted to remain with the club for the remainder of the season something which Simon had always maintained would always be the case in such circumstances.

Stoke team manager Malcolm Vasey said “Simon has proven to be a man of integrity.

Let me get this straight. Simon is happy to earn a tenner a point at Stoke when he could be filling his boots in the Premier League?

I'm amazed that the Stoke management didn't release Simon to have another shot at the PL, rather than stagnate in the third division... Unbelievable!

• Like 1

Let me get this straight. Simon is happy to earn a tenner a point at Stoke when he could be filling his boots in the Premier League?

I'm amazed that the Stoke management didn't release Simon to have another shot at the PL, rather than stagnate in the third division... Unbelievable!

I think the statement makes it clear that Simon would only ride for the Rockets if he doubled up as it says loyalty and a mans word counts a lot and well done to Simon for sticking to his word. Perhaps clubs should not make announcements on signings until they have been cleared by the authorities.

Edited by Derek 613
  • Like 1

I think the statement makes it clear that Simon would only ride for the Rockets if he doubled up as it says loyalty and a mans word counts a lot and well done to Simon for sticking to his word. Perhaps clubs should not make announcements on signings until they have been cleared by the authorities.

No doubt about that. A terrible own goal by the Rye House promotion.

Simon possibly had the thought in the back of his mind that Rye House could've ditched him within a month If he didn't score and preferred the easier rides in the National League. Strange that Adam Roynon can still ride in 3 different leagues whilst scoring a hatfull of points in all... You gotta love the BSPA

Reports of Len Silver sitting in a darkened room rocking whilst muttering "Nelson, Nelson, Nelson"

To put the matter straight. When Simon was dropped from Leicester he was told by BSPA he would be able to double up and ride National and Premier League. So he committed to ride for Stoke and wait for a PL place to come along.

Several PL teams approached him and asked him to ride but by then the BSPA had changed its mind and would not allow him to 'double up'. Despite approaches from several PL promoters they will not change their mind. So Simon is in a 'no win situation.

Had he not been told he could do both leagues he would obviously have waited for a PL team to come along and not commit to Stoke Potters. He is a PL rider after all. And no Shadders he does not prefer the easier rides in the National League all he wants to do is be given the chance to complete the season in the Premier League and progress. Yes Rye House did jump in a bit too quick with a press release - as did plymouth a few weeks ago.

The situation is out of Simons hands - he feels he has been dealt a raw deal - but he made a decision on the back of it and is committed to Stoke and will not let them down.

• Like 1