British Speedway Forum
Ben91

Rye House 2012

how is it anything to do whith the BSPA when the rule book which is available to everyone clearly states he can not double upv an to be honest why would he surely he has still got ambition

Reports of Len Silver sitting in a darkened room rocking whilst muttering "Nelson, Nelson, Nelson"

Time for the Rye House promotion to come clean as to the real reason why Nelson is still in Australia.

To put the matter straight. When Simon was dropped from Leicester he was told by BSPA he would be able to double up and ride National and Premier League. So he committed to ride for Stoke and wait for a PL place to come along.

Several PL teams approached him and asked him to ride but by then the BSPA had changed its mind and would not allow him to 'double up'. Despite approaches from several PL promoters they will not change their mind. So Simon is in a 'no win situation.

Had he not been told he could do both leagues he would obviously have waited for a PL team to come along and not commit to Stoke Potters. He is a PL rider after all. And no Shadders he does not prefer the easier rides in the National League all he wants to do is be given the chance to complete the season in the Premier League and progress. Yes Rye House did jump in a bit too quick with a press release - as did plymouth a few weeks ago.

The situation is out of Simons hands - he feels he has been dealt a raw deal - but he made a decision on the back of it and is committed to Stoke and will not let them down.

If what you say is 100% true then how were Rye House unaware of this and if the rider was aware then didn't he think to mention it when speaking to Rye. Equally how could he have pssibly doubled up with another saturday track. Easy to make it sound as though its Silvers fault but the whole truth isn't coming out.

Time for the Rye House promotion to come clean as to the real reason why Nelson is still in Australia.

Is anyone really interested? Became a bore by may. Don't see that they have to "come clean" about anything. Nelson is on Facebook why not ask him?

Wheres Chris ???

I thought he would be on here already, slagging off and abusing Len for his mistake in announcing the hiring of a rider that was not finalised.

Although I must admit on this one, its a right c*** up and egg on the managements faces.

Whos going to ride on Saturday ?, if I was Richie I would tell them where to shove it !!! So I wouldnt be suprised to see young Ben making another appearance.

Agreed if i were Richie i'd tell them thanks but no thanks. As far as Ben is concerned i don't see that he's up to it unless they are prepared to give him a run in the team til the end of the season. He'll get nothing out of one meeting here and there. That said the team is in no fit state to carry a rider whilst giving him experience. I didn't see Lambert as a serious replacement for Hawkins either

If what you say is 100% true then how were Rye House unaware of this and if the rider was aware then didn't he think to mention it when speaking to Rye. Equally how could he have pssibly doubled up with another saturday track. Easy to make it sound as though its Silvers fault but the whole truth isn't coming out.

A good point,how can Simon have doubled up with both Stoke and Rye sharing the same race night

To be fair why would Tyson have to tell everyone what has gone on in his life his personal life is what it saying in the name Personal.

To be fair why would Tyson have to tell everyone what has gone on in his life his personal life is what it saying in the name Personal.

I couldn't give a toss what he does, where he does it, or who he does it with. I would like to know why we've been strung along all season. Oh and WHB, I've Tweeted Nelson a couple of time and received no reply.

As my brother just said to me.

Now is the time for the return of the dynamic duo to save Rye House in there darkest Hours

BRING BACK TOMMY AND STEVE.

Sign below for my new campaign to restore the glory days with 'The Boxmeister' and 'Tommy Gun'.

Obviously the stress has got to me, I'll get me coat.

Let me get this straight. Simon is happy to earn a tenner a point at Stoke when he could be filling his boots in the Premier League?

You don't really believe that do you, Shadders?

As my brother just said to me.

Now is the time for the return of the dynamic duo to save Rye House in there darkest Hours

BRING BACK TOMMY AND STEVE.

Sign below for my new campaign to restore the glory days with 'The Boxmeister' and 'Tommy Gun'.

Obviously the stress has got to me, I'll get me coat.

I'll be able to use my old rye shirts again if they did! lol

You don't really believe that do you, Shadders?

What, that he's happy to earn a tenner a point at Stoke (plus 10p a mile travel cost) or fill his boots in the Premier League?

Edited by Shadders

What, that he's happy to earn a tenner a point at Stoke (plus 10p a mile travel cost) or fill his boots in the Premier League?

The former...

You honesty think he will be on £10 a point at Stoke?

All I can say is that If we had to wait this long at Trafalgar we would, probably, all be speaking French by now!

The former...

Nah!

You honesty think he will be on £10 a point at Stoke?

Isn't that the going rate in the National League?

Isn't that the going rate in the National League?

And the recommended rate in the PL is £30 a point,though I'm sure Charlie Gjedde is on a bit more than that ;)