British Speedway Forum
Ben91

Rye House 2012

So Lambert is now back in having left Stoke. I just hope it's all worth it. Still sceptical about his ability to raise his average beyond Richie Hawkins but wish him well in the coming weeks. Hope it turns out well and also that after a rest Richie gets a berth somewhere as he is a decent racer.

Have to say i am more concerned in the decision making this season that seems slightly dodgy to say the least. From my first view of Casper at Leicester i think it's obvious he will be a winner but far more of a concern is the temporary feeling about Mellgren. I do hope we don't end up losing the boy who from day one has been the real deal. Sign him up and we have the basis of a proper team next year that can get better as the season progresses.

...so Simon Lambert's a Rocket again...

http://www.ryehouse....After-All!.aspx

Yeah so much for the wonderfull loyalty he was showing Stoke..Hawkins ,must feel for him after this like for like signing ..wheres the gain.??? Edited by waco

Simon Lambert makes his debut for Rye House at Ipswich on Thursday after leaving Stoke.

so if he makes his debut on thursday when did he sign i thought it was you had to declare 5 days before first fixture before the signing took effect

With the fixture on Thursday not being an official fixture, I'd imagine the rules are a bit more lenient.

far more of a concern is the temporary feeling about Mellgren. I do hope we don't end up losing the boy who from day one has been the real deal. Sign him up and we have the basis of a proper team next year that can get better as the season progresses.

Len attempted to purchase Anders as a Rye House asset, but the BSPA want to wait until the end of the season, obviously to see if there are any more bidders and to hike up the price.

Yeah so much for the wonderfull loyalty he was showing Stoke..Hawkins ,must feel for him after this like for like signing ..wheres the gain.???

Stoke would be heartless to stand in his way. I expect he left with their full blessing.

As for your second point, I see every gain in replacIng a rider with zero confidence for someone who's keen and fresh. Simon may well be no improvement on what we had, but as Len stated on Saturday, Ritchie wasn't making any money out of speedway, so packing up was a no brainier.

Edited by Shadders

Could nt agree more westham boy. Mellgren Nelson Garrity and Kasper should be shoe ins for next season.

Happy to see how Lambert goes but cant help wondering whether it was worth taking a chance on another young Aussie instead.

cant help wondering whether it was worth taking a chance on another young Aussie instead.

Really, you think?... The last two Aussies Len signed may have put him off them for good. He managed to find the only Australian with a confidence problem, then signed up Ned Kelly's great great grandson!

Edited by Shadders

Simon struggled in his last premier league team .i think Len sees him as another strong reserve with Bunyan or Garrity moving up shortly.. Still think hes a rider who has already reached his potential. Talking of Ned Kellys great grandson when are they letting him out!.

Edited by waco

Really, you think?... The last two Aussies Len signed may have put him off them for good. He managed to find the only Australian with a confidence problem, then signed up Ned Kelly's great great grandson!

So many Aussies out there that would fit the bill, perhaps you shouldn't ask a relative for a reccomendation which explains the first one and sadly Lens loyaly with the second was never going to be repaid. Generally they are exciting loyal and crowd favourites. No need to look further than Trevor O'Brien for one of the biggest crowd favourites since Len moved the Rockets to Rye

Simon struggled in his last premier league team .i think Len sees him as another strong reserve with Bunyan or Garrity moving up shortly.. Still think hes a rider who has already reached his potential..

You're probably right, but what were the options?

Depends on what points we had to play with ,,i dont know ,,,any ideas....

Depends how you do it I think ?

Latest Greensheets show with 5 riders, CJ,AM,JB,JG and JLN we have 31.93 ave so if team redeclared we have 10.57 to play with.

If you replace like for like, Luke on 5.57 and Richie on 5.38.

Slightly less points on team redeclaration but easier to play with.

Amazing but true we could just fit in Steve and Tommy in on these averages :rofl::drink:

Depends how you do it I think ?

Latest Greensheets show with 5 riders, CJ,AM,JB,JG and JLN we have 31.93 ave so if team redeclared we have 10.57 to play with.

If you replace like for like, Luke on 5.57 and Richie on 5.38.

Slightly less points on team redeclaration but easier to play with.

Amazing but true we could just fit in Steve and Tommy in on these averages :rofl::drink:

10 .57 thats a lot if its right A 7+ and a 3. pointer sounds good to me,,.but Lens into 5 pointers to keep strong reserves who ever goes up or down

so if he makes his debut on thursday when did he sign i thought it was you had to declare 5 days before first fixture before the signing took effect

48 hours, I believe !!