British Speedway Forum
Ben91

Rye House 2012

Simon struggled in his last premier league team .i think Len sees him as another strong reserve with Bunyan or Garrity moving up shortly.. Still think hes a rider who has already reached his potential. Talking of Ned Kellys great grandson when are they letting him out!.

Simon struggled at Leicester but wasn't he in the 1-5 there? At reserve he should do a lot better.

48 hours, I believe !!

maybe is but workington signed tero aarnio and he wasnt allowed to ride in the fixture against leicester i think it was and that was more than 48 hrs after signing was anounced

maybe is but workington signed tero aarnio and he wasnt allowed to ride in the fixture against leicester i think it was and that was more than 48 hrs after signing was anounced

This is a challenge meeting. Didn't you know?

Sorry just trying to catch up...has Ritchie retired?

On Saturday Len Silver announced that Richie isn't making any money out of speedway, so I guess unless he gets a good offer from another team he'll be sitting out the rest of the season. The word "retirement" was never mentioned.

Edited by Shadders

It's 72 hours.

Yes, 3 working days.

Uninspiring signing, I wish Simon all the best but I just don't see the point. He won't be a strong reserve if he drops down, there's a reason he has had so many clubs. Getting another promising assessed rider an average and giving Ben Morley or another 3 pointer a chance to impress would be the logical option in building for next year.

Tyson 'Lord Lucan' Nelson needs to turn up and hit the ground running now of we want to make any impression late in the season.

• Like 1

On Saturday Len Silver announced that Richie isn't making any money out of speedway, so I guess unless he gets a good offer from another team he'll be sitting out the rest of the season. The word "retirement" was never mentioned.

Thanks Shadders ;)

Unfortunately no one would make good money with the progress Ritchie has made over the past few seasons,,

Sad really as he was a very exciting prospect a few years ago - Never be as good as his dad though - used to love seeing Kevin tear up the showground in the early 80's

Howabout this to finish the season ???

Forget about Simon Lambert.

Rye have 10.57 to play with on current averages.

Redeclare with Sam Masters (7.55) and Ben Morley (3.00 ??) total 10.55 ??

Food for thought ??

Edited by bolly
  • Like 1

Bolly whilst thats a nice idea but dump Simon Lambert? No way would Len do that to a rider who he has shaken hands its just not in his nature. As far as Ben is concerned i still dont see a premier league rider when i watch him. Yes he needs the experience but until he shows he is capable of banging in big scores each raiders meeting he cannot be considered. To qualify for the playoffs we need a minor miracle and Masters would be a signing only for the rest of this year. I prefer we go down the route of auditioning riders with view to next year

To qualify for the playoffs we need a minor miracle and Masters would be a signing only for the rest of this year. I prefer we go down the route of auditioning riders with view to next year

I tend to agree.

I tend to agree with you Westham and Shadders. It was just food for thought ))

But as you say Westham Len is very loyal and I think that you will find that Ben will be back next year ???

Bolly whilst thats a nice idea but dump Simon Lambert? No way would Len do that to a rider who he has shaken hands its just not in his nature.

What kind of message would it send out to prospective signings if Len dumped Simon before he'd even turned a wheel as a Rocket?

But as you say Westham Len is very loyal and I think that you will find that Ben will be back next year ???

Ben really needs to step up next year, if not at Rye, then somewhere else. He's not gaining anything racing a meeting here and there

Edited by Shadders

Rumour around the Abbey Stadium is Masters to Rye House. Dunno if the average fits.