British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Hackney V Scunthorpe/sheffield

So this meeting is going to be watered down with the addition of training day riders in possibly both teams ,confirming this meeting is now no more than a meaningless challenge match..Great exit i dont think..If lakeside run a team in the National League next year i would applaud and support it,,I just dont see it happening,,Willing to eat humble pie if it does...

Okay, so one man's positivity is another's negativity - as your post amply proves..

There's often talk about the NL being for development and a route for young riders to start out, yet here you are decrying the opportunity being given to the best riders shining in a training day to get some invaluable competitive experience...

As the league play off positions are now decided, yes, this fixture does not have the importance it might have had, but neither does that make it a "meaningless challenge match"..

And I'm sorry, but I'm looking forward to this as a stand-alone fixture with what I personally think is an added attraction of perhaps some riders new to the division making appearances, far more so than I would if it was tagged along as effectively a second half to a PL fixture, as was the 'Hawks farewell's original fate..

Judging by the calls I've had today from people hoping to come along, I think you might find there are others who agree with me....

Okay, so one man's positivity is another's negativity - as your post amply proves..

There's often talk about the NL being for development and a route for young riders to start out, yet here you are decrying the opportunity being given to the best riders shining in a training day to get some invaluable competitive experience...

As the league play off positions are now decided, yes, this fixture does not have the importance it might have had, but neither does that make it a "meaningless challenge match"..

And I'm sorry, but I'm looking forward to this as a stand-alone fixture with what I personally think is an added attraction of perhaps some riders new to the division making appearances, far more so than I would if it was tagged along as effectively a second half to a PL fixture, as was the 'Hawks farewell's original fate..

Judging by the calls I've had today from people hoping to come along, I think you might find there are others who agree with me....

Okay ,i admit my views on Lakeside are not the best..And you must admit that all your posts on Len and Rye house have always been less than complimentary,, So lets agree to disagree on this ,its tiring me out on the keyboard.. :cheers:

Parsloes 1928 nearly is 100% correct.

Both teams are giving opportunities to up and coming talent.

Obviously Waco would prefer same old every week with the no new talent.

Everybody is always shouting about opportunities for English riders, yet here one exists and some people dont want it. Shame on you people who cry about no chances for new talent yet heres one, but it`s watered down.

How the hell are they supposed to get a chance if iut isnt for fixtures like this.

Hopefully the new riders on show will make a mockery of all the negativity posted.

Even if they dont time is on their side.

Good luck to those who ride.

Everybody is always shouting about opportunities for English riders, yet here one exists and some people dont want it. Shame on you people who cry about no chances for new talent yet heres one, but it`s watered down.

How the hell are they supposed to get a chance if iut isnt for fixtures like this.

Hopefully the new riders on show will make a mockery of all the negativity posted.

This is supposed to be a league match not a trainies special. OK if you like watching riders who are half a lap of the pace, and is also denying team members earning some extra much needed money from rider replacement rides, I can tell you with some certainty they wont be happy..Put some additional races on for the trainies is a better idea..

This is supposed to be a league match not a trainies special. OK if you like watching riders who are half a lap of the pace, and is also denying team members earning some extra much needed money from rider replacement rides, I can tell you with some certainty they wont be happy..Put some additional races on for the trainies is a better idea..

Waco - couldn't agree more with you on every post you made on this thread. :approve:

At least you and I attend these meetings which is more than can be said for some of the posters on here :rofl:

Waco - couldn't agree more with you on every post you made on this thread. :approve:

At least you and I attend these meetings which is more than can be said for some of the posters on here :rofl:

Thanks dragons den..As you say we attend all these meetings..And only have the interests of the team members at heart ,,..Obviously the training days are going well with George and Linda, And a team place for a top trainie in the meeting will of course result in a good turnout for that afternoons training ,, which in turn will help finance the evening meeting.. But i stand by my former posting and whatever anyone says it will lower the standard of the League Match..Better they race against one another in front of the public in some extra races,.With maybe a couple of the lowest scorers included from the match to assess their progress..

I agree 100% - and I see that another NL side are doing likewise: linking a training session with a place in their NL team for one of these late season matches! :approve:

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.13454.4

Scunthorpe have a few rider unavailable for this fixture so Youngsters Ben Holloway and Conor Dwyer riding at Reserve for the Saints with Wrathall and Nielsen moving up into the top 5.

Saints lining up as(assuming all riders get through tonight's meeting okay): R/R, Smethills, R Worrall, Wrathall, Nielsen, Dwyer, Holloway

From Official Press Release issued today:

FORMER HAWKS RETURN FOR FINALE

A trip down memory lane awaits Speedway fans at the Arena Essex Raceway tomorrow evening, Friday 7th October, as a host of former Hackney stars will be at the track to see off the final meeting for the Hackney Hawks.

Already confirmed as attending the meeting are: Paul Bosley, Laurie Etheridge, Alan Jackson, Les (Red) Ott, Alan Sage and Barry Thomas.

The match, between the Hackney Hawks and the Scunthorpe Saints, will be the final National League match for the Hawks.

The SCB appointed Referee for this match is Chris Gay, who, by coincidence, refereed the last meeting to take place at Hackney’s Waterden Road Stadium, which took place on 30th October 1996 and was between the London Lions and Oxford.

Tomorrow is also an important night to for Lakeside Hammers fans as the Club’s Management will be monitoring interest in this National League match with a view to entering a full Young Hammers side into next year’s National League. With that in mind entrance fees have been slashed to just £8 with Children aged 6 to 16 inclusive paying only £1. Children under the age of 6 will be admitted free of charge provided they are accompanied by a paying adult.

This final National League match of the season for the Hackney Hawks will get underway at the Arena-Essex Raceway tomorrow evening with the first race at 8pm with the Grand Parade of the participating riders and former Hackney stars at 7.45pm.

Tickets for Friday’s match may be purchased on the night from the paybooths or in advance via the Lakeside Hammers website at www.lakesidehammers.co

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

Alan Johns, who's at most matches at the venue, will be talking even more than usual - IF that is possible! :lol::wink:

Edited by Bryn

Scunthorpe have a few rider unavailable for this fixture so Youngsters Ben Holloway and Conor Dwyer riding at Reserve for the Saints with Wrathall and Nielsen moving up into the top 5.

And I know for a fact that they have the phone no's of far better riders than these pair , Scunthorpe have shown there contempt for the paying public, and a total could not care less attitude to the standards of the national league . Good Luck to both of them if they both have the best of possible meetings they might even finish a race

And I know for a fact that they have the phone no's of far better riders than these pair , Scunthorpe have shown there contempt for the paying public, and a total could not care less attitude to the standards of the national league . Good Luck to both of them if they both have the best of possible meetings they might even finish a race

I can't remember the rules for missing riders in the NL - but rather than not caring less about the NL they - Scunthorpe and Sheffield are showing how much they care about bringing young British riders up through the ranks...

I can't remember the rules for missing riders in the NL - but rather than not caring less about the NL they - Scunthorpe and Sheffield are showing how much they care about bringing young British riders up through the ranks...

Jayden O’Malley 15 (5 rides), Mirek Daniszewski 14+1 (5, Jordan Tyrer 7+2 (4), Oliver Greenwood 6+1

4 riders who deserve a shot , every one of them better than the 2 selected .

And hopefully you'll be on here tomorrow night , apologising after they have made fools of themselves and scunthorpe /sheffield . this is exactly the reason no british kids make the grade , they get frustrtated at being top of their game and then getting overlooked in favour of no hopers like the pair . I've seen both of them recently and the only thing they will make a mockery of is what you have posted .

And hopefully you'll be on here tomorrow night , apologising after they have made fools of themselves and scunthorpe /sheffield . this is exactly the reason no british kids make the grade , they get frustrtated at being top of their game and then getting overlooked in favour of no hopers like the pair . I've seen both of them recently and the only thing they will make a mockery of is what you have posted .

so who could Scunny have used??????? and after seeing Hackney perform at Scunny earlier in the season,i dont see what difference there is between tomorrow night and back then,if it wasnt for engine blows and bust chains the SaintS would have hit 70