British Speedway Forum
Conkers

Ice Racing 2012

Nikolai Krasnikov apparently have announced his retirement from Ice racing according to the article below.

He says that he doesn't feel the same motivation any longer.

¨http://www.unt.se/sport/mastaren-lagger-av-efter-guldet-pa-studan-1709980.aspx

Well i will say that this time i do believe him,after being sceptical last year.And echo Mr.Ore's sentiments....this is the friendly thread :D Always look forward to it,and to hopefully meeting up with some of the posters.Sadly,Berlin dropping out of the FIM meetings meant i didn't meet up with Conkers this time,but met Dutchgrasstrack for the first(and second time) :t: Fingers crossed for next year that the weather is kinder to some of the promoters and we have Inzell back as well as Berlin + Dresden.My one disappointment was that Mats Järf didn't progress as i thought he would.Hope one or two non-Russians come through.Henderson the best bet at the moment.So,i would also like tothank all that have contributed with facts and opinions over the last few months :t:

Well i will say that this time i do believe him,after being sceptical last year.And echo Mr.Ore's sentiments....this is the friendly thread :D Always look forward to it,and to hopefully meeting up with some of the posters.Sadly,Berlin dropping out of the FIM meetings meant i didn't meet up with Conkers this time,but met Dutchgrasstrack for the first(and second time) :t: Fingers crossed for next year that the weather is kinder to some of the promoters and we have Inzell back as well as Berlin + Dresden.My one disappointment was that Mats Järf didn't progress as i thought he would.Hope one or two non-Russians come through.Henderson the best bet at the moment.So,i would also like tothank all that have contributed with facts and opinions over the last few months :t:

From all accounts there is a press conference ion Ufa today (Wednesday 4/4) where Krasnikov will announce his future plans.

Not as easy as you would imagine. His final three races on Saturday , to give him the ful 21 points, were simply sensational. Ivanov and Khometsivich riding shoulder to shoulder into the 3rd bend and yet he still had the nerve to go between the 2 of them and get by coming out of the 4th. Superb.

Have to feel sorry for Danil Ivanov though as he may not have a better chance of taking the title. Credit to him and Khometsevich on Sunday as, disappointing as it must have been, they rode to Krasnikov to advise him that he could not be caught, after their equally sensational 4th race together, so he could do the victory laps and take things a little easier. (No chance). Danil's shoulders visibly dropped and he failed to make the final but second in such company is pretty good again.

Two talking points for me were firstly what a spectacular style Edward Krysov has, going foot forward into the bend at speed before allowing his leg to slide below the bike in more traditional style. Secondly, and I'm not going to be popular, but I reckon Posa should retire immediately. For several years he has been rather a dirty rider but seems to have gotten away with things as he has "just" been battering the Russians with his actions. When he did the same to Robert Henderson on Sunday though he could have caused serious injury to the future of his countries ice racing for no positive gain to himself. OK he got a point which Robert needed more than him for a possible semi final appearance. I applauded Robert's fist waving exploits as I felt it well warranted. In spite of Posa's universal popularity the locals were equally split regarding whether to support an old favourite or side with the victim in this affair. Much debate ensued.

Anyway an excellent couple of days racing so well done to MC Funbo for their organisational skills. The one negative which maybe I shouldn't throw in, but I will, was the FIM film crew seemingly being directed to follow the leader when there were some fantasic races going on only a few metres behind which would have made better TV.

Finally a warm thank you to the regular correspondents on this thread (Conkers and others). As in previous years this has been a totally constructive and informative thread with no egos, pedants or blatantly rude offerings from the posters as in many others. Well done and thanks to you all.

Thanks for the report, and thanks for the kind comments.

As this thread closes please note, there is a website http://www.icespeedway.co.uk and attendant Facebook group with contributors from all over Europe - including plenty of Russian Fans plus many riders who are the sources of much of the information which we use in this thread, plus some rarely seen photos from the furthest reaches of the sport. It will keep you sane until September when we start the 2013 thread.

From all accounts there is a press conference ion Ufa today (Wednesday 4/4) where Krasnikov will announce his future plans.

Thanks for the report, and thanks for the kind comments.

As this thread closes please note, there is a website http://www.icespeedway.co.uk and attendant Facebook group with contributors from all over Europe - including plenty of Russian Fans plus many riders who are the sources of much of the information which we use in this thread, plus some rarely seen photos from the furthest reaches of the sport. It will keep you sane until September when we start the 2013 thread.

Just to prove I'm right, even more excellent information. Looking forward to next season already. Enjoy the summer.

Edited by Mr Ore

General rule:take what riders say with a pinch of salt :rofl: It was in an interview during last summer that Nikolai introduced his girlfriend to the world and again declared he wouldn't ride in the world championship.Just a few months before the season started......and i remember a classic on here.Someone posted that a rider would sign for a certain team.Another poster said,"no he won't,i was talking to him on the phone last night and he told me.....".Needless to say that he later that day signed on the dotted line....But i do at this moment in time believe he won't ride in FIM meetings next year

So,apparently Krasnikov met the President of Bashkortistan and said he liked him very much.Not sure if we should read too much into that :P

General rule:take what riders say with a pinch of salt :rofl: It was in an interview during last summer that Nikolai introduced his girlfriend to the world and again declared he wouldn't ride in the world championship.Just a few months before the season started......and i remember a classic on here.Someone posted that a rider would sign for a certain team.Another poster said,"no he won't,i was talking to him on the phone last night and he told me.....".Needless to say that he later that day signed on the dotted line....But i do at this moment in time believe he won't ride in FIM meetings next year

So,apparently Krasnikov met the President of Bashkortistan and said he liked him very much.Not sure if we should read too much into that :P

After his revelation to us last year in Inzell I'll have to agree Doug. From what I'm told he will ride in Russia in the Russian Individual and Team Championships, and possibly the World Team event, and I'll put money on him changing his mind come December when he steamrollers the opposition and is Russian Champion.

Now I've said that, he'll not ride. Remember out success (?) in the predictions lark of a few years ago? :lol: :lol: :rofl:

• Like 1