British Speedway Forum
Conkers

Ice Racing 2012

Poland would be the logical; choice, but Sanock have the World Championship QR followed by the Sanok Cup, so where else could they stage it?

Also I heard last week, the FIM may only stage one round of the World Championship in Russia, as they have a World Championship QR and the team Final.

Still no sign of the confirmed FIM dates, but they should be out in the next week or so, as the Russians appear to be getting impatient to confirm their dates

Poland would be the logical; choice, but Sanock have the World Championship QR followed by the Sanok Cup, so where else could they stage it?

Good question.Not sure of all the alternatives,but if Sanok can't host the meeting there was a meeting on a lake in Poznan(i think)last season.Think Jouni + one or both of the new Dutch riders were there and Crump was watching with interest :wink: Might be a big gamble though with the weather.

The FIM released the 2012 dates today:

14.01.2012 OeAMTC World Championship Q. Round 1 St. Johann Austria,

28.01.2012 PZM World Championship Q. Round 2 Sanok Poland

28.01.2012 MFR World Championship Q. Round 3 Lukhovitsy Russia

04-05.02.2012 MFR World Championship Final 1 Krasnogorsk Russia

11-12.02.2012 MFR World Championship Final 2 Ufa Russia

16-17.03.2012 KNMV World Championship Final 3 Assen The Netherlands

31.03-01.04.2012 SVEMO World Championship Final 4 Uppsala Sweden

25-26.02.2012 MFR Team Ice Racing World Championship Final Togliatti Russia

So, no Team semi, and Russia stage a QR and three big weekends.

Good question.Not sure of all the alternatives,but if Sanok can't host the meeting there was a meeting on a lake in Poznan(i think)last season.Think Jouni + one or both of the new Dutch riders were there and Crump was watching with interest :wink: Might be a big gamble though with the weather.

Poland had meetings at Gniezno and Poznan,on frozen lakes on the 2nd and 8th of January.

Two years ago the Polish promotor was trying to run a qualification round for the team championships on an artificial speedskating circuit near Warsaw, I think it was. GB were invited but the ACU didn't ask the FIM for a place, which meant the meeting was short of teams so wasn't held.

Edited by MARK246

Russian Fixtures finalised:

Russian Individual Championship

Semi-final1 Sloboda 17-18.12.2011

Semifinal 2 Shadrinsk 17-18.12.2011

Semi-final 3 Kamensk-Ural 17-18.12.2011

Semi-final 4 Ufa 17-18.12.2011

Final 1 Novosibirsk 24-25.12.2011

Final 2 Togliatti 07-08.01.2012

Russian Team Championship

Super league,

Rounds 1 & 2 Novosibirsk 10-11.12.2011

Rounds 3 & 4, Ufa 21-22.01.2012

Rounds 5 & 6 Togliatti 03-04.03.2012

Premier League

Rounds 1 & 2 Blagoveshchensk 03-04.12.2011

Rounds 3 & 4 Glazov 21-22.01.2012

Rounds 5 & 6 Kumertau 03-04.03.2012

Cup of Russia Individual

Final 1 Sterlitamak 14-15.01.2012

Final 2 Shadrinsk 28-29.01.2012

Final 3 Lukhovitsy 18-19.02.2012

Final 4 Novosibirsk 10-11.03.2012

Russian Junior Individual Championship

Semi-final 1 Novosibirsk 04-05.02.2012

Semifinal 2 Lukhovitsy 04-05.02.2012

Final . Kamensk-Ural 11-12.02.2012

Russian Juniors Team Championship

Final Samara 25-26.02.2012

MFR Cup Individual

Final 1 Glazov 14-15.01.2012

Final 2 Samara 28-29.01.2012

Final 3 Krasnokamsk 18-19.02.2012

Nationwide and international competitions

Far East Championship (Primorsky Krai & Amur Regions)

Round 1 Ussuriisk _ 28-29.01.2012

Round 2 Far Spassk _ 11-12.02.2012

Round 3 Dalnegorsk _ 25-26.02.2012

Round 4 Blagoveshchensk _ 03-04.03.2012

Vladimir Tsybrova Memorial Meeting

Luhovitsy 25-26.02.2012

International competition (Sverdlovsk region Season Opener)

Kamensk-Ural _ 03-04.12.2011

Edited by Conkers

Poland had meetings at Gniezno and Poznan,on frozen lakes on the 2nd and 8th of January.

Two years ago the Polish promotor was trying to run a qualification round for the team championships on an artificial speedskating circuit near Warsaw, I think it was. GB were invited but the ACU didn't ask the FIM for a place, which meant the meeting was short of teams so wasn't held.

Say#s it all about the ACU.Pity you never got the chance to turn out in the Team Championship

New iceracing homepage http://www.eisspeedway-dresden.de/

looks like they wanna organize the german championship 17th march 2012 and an open meeting (Golden Spike) 18th march 2012

not the best terms, because it`s the same weekend as Final 3 in Assen :angry:

Maybe they are hoping that the Friday/Saturday in Assen will be unattractive to those German fans who give the Friday in Assen a miss?

Vargarna/Ulvarna have decided to start an ice racing team. The team will be run by Ulvarna who will rent the track from Vargarna.

www.nt.se/sport/artikel.aspx?ArticleID=7179981

New iceracing homepage http://www.eisspeedway-dresden.de/

looks like they wanna organize the german championship 17th march 2012 and an open meeting (Golden Spike) 18th march 2012

not the best terms, because it`s the same weekend as Final 3 in Assen :angry:

Wouldn't mind a bit of that.Sounds great.Ice Speedway and a visit to Dresden.Sounds like a super idea of the German Championship,followed by a ko system against some top foreign riders.But if it clashes with Assen,not sure how they can advertise "top Russians" for the Golden spike.Well unless Krasnikov doesn't go for another World title,but does the Golden Spike instead.Now that would be a coup :unsure::party:

Wouldn't mind a bit of that.Sounds great.Ice Speedway and a visit to Dresden.Sounds like a super idea of the German Championship,followed by a ko system against some top foreign riders.But if it clashes with Assen,not sure how they can advertise "top Russians" for the Golden spike.Well unless Krasnikov doesn't go for another World title,but does the Golden Spike instead.Now that would be a coup :unsure::party:

One problem is the German Championship being ran on the Saturday night. It devalues it slightly if the defending Champion is riding in Assen, or are relations between Bauer and the German Federation that bad that the promoters don't want him?

I suspect Krasnikov will ride in Ufa and may be tempted out with the right money.

Is Thomas Schiffner behind this meeting by any chance?

Edited by Conkers

One problem is the German Championship being ran on the Saturday night. It devalues it slightly if the defending Champion is riding in Assen, or are relations between Bauer and the German Federation that bad that the promoters don't want him?

I suspect Krasnikov will ride in Ufa and may be tempted out with the right money.

Did wonder those same questions myself.Bauer is obviously the big name in German racing.To go without him is a big risk.But sometimes in these things the line-up seems fairly unimportant.Fans turn up regardless.But like you say,it devalues the title somewhat if you don't have the best riders.And anyway the German Championship never has 16 Germans.They have to complete the line-up with foreign riders.So to go without one or two Germans menas even more foreigners.I also looked to see who was behind it and found the name of Schiffner.Wondered if it was the Sievers,but saw no evidence......

Yes the organizer is Thomas Schiffner with PS-Team.

I got a phone call from Roland yesterday evening and he told me that they wanna maybe ride the german championship sunday afternoon, so Bauer can also take part.

But it is not confirmed at the "Eisspeedway-Dresden" homepage, maybe they`ll do it when the german federation DMSB also have confirmed it?!?!?

There's an international meeting in finland also on march 17 th. A busy day...

Yes the organizer is Thomas Schiffner with PS-Team.

I got a phone call from Roland yesterday evening and he told me that they wanna maybe ride the german championship sunday afternoon, so Bauer can also take part.

But it is not confirmed at the "Eisspeedway-Dresden" homepage, maybe they`ll do it when the german federation DMSB also have confirmed it?!?!?

Looking at Google Maps, it's about 660km from Assen to Dresden, and would take about 8 hours (allowing for breaks) so it's feasible for riders to drive from Assen overnight to Dresden.

But if they have a few Russians in the Saturday meeting, would it overshadow the German Championship if they held that on the Sunday?

With the Berlin meeting the weekend after (24/25th March) and the European Championship the weekend before, I suppose they booked the meeting unaware of Assen staging two meetings over two weekends. Pity as I'd like to have gone to Dresden, but I'm committed to Assen.

There's an international meeting in finland also on march 17 th. A busy day...

I'll say, It's my Birthday!