British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Belle Vue V Sheffield Playoff Semi

Indeed it was - F1 and F2 I think. Track was rock hard according to my information so not much damage done(hopefully)

I'm sure they still managed to gouge some holes in it. :angry: Hopefully with this decent weather last few days they been able to repair it. Like others said with this baking sun hard to get the moisture in but sun should be down by 7.00 so should be ok then hopefully.

Hopefully Colts can get a decent lead to take to Sheffield. First year for the Colts in National League and make the playoffs first time but also there hasn't been any changes to the team, same 1-7 that started the season!

I'd be interested in your thoughts for the Scunfield line up tonight is this another 'one off'. You can't take anything away from the management but the question that needs to be asked is is it right? is the no. 8 slot there to be able to fieled a better rider at reserve or to give an inexperienced rider a chance at league racing. Ummmmm it is a poser

Honestly? I'm probably not in the best position to comment as I don't know all of the facts.

However, Benji Compton was signed as a replacement for John Oliver, aswell as to cover any of the PL riders' unavailability, I am guessing.

During the season, there's been nearly someone riding elsewhere. On this occasion though, there's no other PL meetings scheduled, so Sheffield/Scunthorpe effectively had an 8 man team, so they had to leave someone out.

I am assuming that NL line-ups need to be declared 3 days before the meeting, but I am not totally sure of that.

Later it turns out that Benji Compton can't ride(for whatever reason), so they probably only had the choice of sticking Stefan Nielsen (who I assume is the inexperienced rider you are referring to) at number 8.

Either way, I'm sure it will be a cracking meeting tonight. Hopefully there won't be as many falls as there were in March (and a narrow away win would be nice! ;) ).

I'll be looking forward to the return leg at Sheffield next week.

Honestly? I'm probably not in the best position to comment as I don't know all of the facts.

However, Benji Compton was signed as a replacement for John Oliver, aswell as to cover any of the PL riders' unavailability, I am guessing.

During the season, there's been nearly someone riding elsewhere. On this occasion though, there's no other PL meetings scheduled, so Sheffield/Scunthorpe effectively had an 8 man team, so they had to leave someone out.

I am assuming that NL line-ups need to be declared 3 days before the meeting, but I am not totally sure of that.

Later it turns out that Benji Compton can't ride(for whatever reason), so they probably only had the choice of sticking Stefan Nielsen (who I assume is the inexperienced rider you are referring to) at number 8.

Either way, I'm sure it will be a cracking meeting tonight. Hopefully there won't be as many falls as there were in March (and a narrow away win would be nice! ;) ).

I'll be looking forward to the return leg at Sheffield next week.

Amen to that :approve:

Some complete buffoons on this thread :rolleyes:

Just noticed on BSPA website Scunfield team =48.38. All of them have lots of experience round Belle Vue , going to be lot tougher then first thought.

Well if I leave Owlerton next week and we aren't in the final it will be the biggest injustice in speedway - ever. 

If there are any Saints/Prowler fans who witnessed tonights action who think otherwise then there's something very wrong with you.

Let's all hope for the right result next week,

Well if I leave Owlerton next week and we aren't in the final it will be the biggest injustice in speedway - ever. 

If there are any Saints/Prowler fans who witnessed tonights action who think otherwise then there's something very wrong with you.

Why? Because of falls, bike problems and exclusions? Welcome to Speedway. Jog on

Right...

popcorn.gif

Do Entertain us. Tell us why it'd be 'the biggest injustice in Speedway' if Belle Vue didn't make it to the final? :lol::rolleyes:

Edited by spin king junior

Well at least you admit to talking complete drival.

Do you really think that Scunfield are going to plan a NLPOSF with half the team missing :rofl:

Fair play to Worrall's, Birks and Wrathall.

I do object to a team having a 4.34 rider at No.8

I wouldn't write the Colts off just yet they have had their backs against the wall before and come out smilling, particularly Mckinna adn Mason. Who ever performs next Thurs will be in the final. It's plain and simple and Justice will be served.

Edited by TMW

I do object to a team having a 4.34 rider at No.8

So you object to a rider increasing his starting average???

All but one of the current Scunfield Prowling Saints have honed their Speedway skills at EWR - and three of the BV Colts...

Rob Godfrey shows his system works and should be proud. All the time and effort that he and Richard Hollingsworth (and others) put into Speedway training is paying off... yet again.

So you object to a rider increasing his starting average???

Did I say that ? 'NO'

Last night Nielson should have been at No.6 and Smethills at no. 2 as it happened they didnt need that facility but it doesn't make it right.

Did I say that ? 'NO'

Last night Nielson should have been at No.6 and Smethills at no. 2 as it happened they didnt need that facility but it doesn't make it right.

Why should that be the case,??if so,shouldnt Richardson have been in you main body and your no.8 in the reserves??