British Speedway Forum
Moragpitt

Getting Into Speedway

My son is nearly 9 and is desperate to try speedway. Is there anywhere he can have a training day. We are prepared to travel to go to one. We live in Sussex and go to see Eastbourne eagles and because we are originally from scotland we also go to see glasgow tigers when in Scotland Hope someone can help me

Is the Eastbourne training track not still running? I know it used to a while back. Hope someone can give you some more details. :)

Thanks. I have emailed sittingbourne. Scunthorpe is quite far away from us but I will try there too. And eastbourne. Thanks for all your help

You should also check out Northside Speedway in Workington run by ex-Comet Craig Branney. Brilliant set up and would be ideal for your son even though bit of a trek for you! See:

http://www.nstt.moonfruit.com/#

Edited by Lake Bodom Comet

Is the Eastbourne training track not still running? I know it used to a while back. Hope someone can give you some more details. :)

Hello All,

We would like to inform you all there will be an open speedway training/practice session at Eastbourne Stadium this Sunday 9th October.

Hosted by Martin Dugard

Sunday start time at 12pm until 4pm.

prices as follows:

500cc bikes £35.00

250cc bikes £35.00

125cc bikes or lower £20.00

Refreshments available (BBQ)

Toilets on site

please note no spares van.

Hello All,

We would like to inform you all there will be an open speedway training/practice session at Eastbourne Stadium this Sunday 9th October.

Hosted by Martin Dugard

Sunday start time at 12pm until 4pm.

prices as follows:

500cc bikes £35.00

250cc bikes £35.00

125cc bikes or lower £20.00

Refreshments available (BBQ)

Toilets on site

please note no spares van.

Does anyone know if we can bring our own 85cc motocross bike to this tomorrow

When I got into speedway about 14 years ago (when I was about 10) I went to Sittingbourne and I was given a ride with Mick Norris (If I remember right) who took me out on the track then let me go out solo after that - a great introduction and providing he and the track are still there, I'd recommend it to the ends of the earth.