British Speedway Forum

It seems Werner may not be signing after all, the local rag says today that he is 'in talks' to sign and that no deal has actually been done :)

It confirms Barker, Ashworth, Boxall and Glanz so 4 down 3 to go seems to be the way and not a bad 4 in my opinion!

werner is confirmed on bspa list so must have signed same goes for barker and glanz

boxall and ashworth are not on bspa list ?

werner is confirmed on bspa list so must have signed same goes for barker and glanz

boxall and ashworth are not on bspa list ?

I tend to take what's on that site with a very large pinch of salt.

As Witches fans will confirm, a couple of years back, a certain Darcy Ward appeared on the confirmed line ups section for Ipswich, only for the rules to change and his name disappearing almost as quickly as it appeared.

Indeed I think that the teams as listed for 2012, may well change. As I understand it the MC are still reviewing some of the line ups, and have yet to formally sanction some teams. So time will tell.

I tend to take what's on that site with a very large pinch of salt.

As Witches fans will confirm, a couple of years back, a certain Darcy Ward appeared on the confirmed line ups section for Ipswich, only for the rules to change and his name disappearing almost as quickly as it appeared.

Indeed I think that the teams as listed for 2012, may well change. As I understand it the MC are still reviewing some of the line ups, and have yet to formally sanction some teams. So time will tell.

all changed last year riders can only be confirmed on offical team listings when all paper work is back with the bspa thats why craig cook isnt showing with edinbrugh allthough they have said a deal is agreed just waitng for signiture due to faimly illness

Does anyone know what team Jesper Kristiansen will be riding for?

all changed last year riders can only be confirmed on offical team listings when all paper work is back with the bspa thats why craig cook isnt showing with edinbrugh allthough they have said a deal is agreed just waitng for signiture due to faimly illness

I had it pointed out to me earlier today that If you read the small print at the bottom of the page on the confirmed signings it says...

"PLEASE NOTE: Rider names are added only when the press office is advised by the club making the signing.

All teams are subject to completed paperwork and BSPA approval."

To me that reads if a club rings the BSPA office and says 'We have an agreement with X or Y' then they are added to the BSPA site but it also mentions subject to completed paperwork so in this case Mr Bowden may have rung them to say he's agreed a deal with Werner when the paperwork hasn't actually been completed but his name would be added anyway.

Edited by torpointfanatic22

I had it pointed out to me earlier today that If you read the small print at the bottom of the page on the confirmed signings it says...

"PLEASE NOTE: Rider names are added only when the press office is advised by the club making the signing.

All teams are subject to completed paperwork and BSPA approval."

To me that reads if a club rings the BSPA office and says 'We have an agreement with X or Y' then they are added to the BSPA site but it also mentions subject to completed paperwork so in this case Mr Bowden may have rung them to say he's agreed a deal with Werner when the paperwork hasn't actually been completed but his name would be added anyway.

yes you are correct with what it says

and as usual the bspa rule about a signing can only be anounced after aproval is giving is broken by the people who made the rule just to make speedway more interesting

Does anyone know what team Jesper Kristiansen will be riding for?

jesper not listed in any prem teams 1 to 7 so far

If Bowden has to sign an American then he could do worse than Tyson Burmeister, a young, talented Yank with a years EL experience under his belt. On a 3.42 average he would surely make much more sense than Brent Werner?

Glanz and Burmeister are a decent reserve partnership and on low averages free up space for a strong top 3.

1. Ben Barker 9.87

2. Steve Boxall 5.69

3. Jerran Hart 4.45

4. Travis McGowan 7.49

5. Ricky Ashworth 8.39

6. Nicki Glanz 3.00

7. Tyson Burmeister 3.42

That looks a lot more solid to me than the rumoured septet.

JT.

Edited by JT

Tyson B would be on a 5 I think - Ricky Wells had a similar year 1 average at Coventry and then joined Stoke as an assessed 5. Though note Tyson as of 3 weeks ago was not planning a UK return in March though the door is open for later in the season.

http://www.wolverhamptonwolves.co/news.php?extend.1379

Close...Ricky joined Stoke on an assessed 6, with Stichaeur joining on an assessed 7, though goven Sitera's average,who knows.

If Bowden has to sign an American then he could do worse than Tyson Burmeister, a young, talented Yank with a years EL experience under his belt. On a 3.42 average he would surely make much more sense than Brent Werner?

Glanz and Burmeister are a decent reserve partnership and on low averages free up space for a strong top 3.

1. Ben Barker 9.87

2. Steve Boxall 5.69

3. Jerran Hart 4.45

4. Travis McGowan 7.49

5. Ricky Ashworth 8.39

6. Nicki Glanz 3.00

7. Tyson Burmeister 3.42

That looks a lot more solid to me than the rumoured septet.

JT.

if youre looking to sign a american rider theres a young guy called gino mazarez (excuess the spelling) looks very talented young rider

Holder at no4? Jeez, I hope you don't put Werner at no3 :blink:

It's a shame really for James as he will never be a World Champion or get remotely close, and has to constantly live in his younger brother's shadow - and it seems Plymouth have already fallen for the 'Chris Holder is his brother' trick, so James must be really good... mounting the pressure on him right from the get-go.

Edited by Najjer