British Speedway Forum

Agree and disagree,yes I don`t think it is right to change a rider at this late stage just cos someone else is suddenly avaliable, however if the rider is Boxall,he ain`t exactly Mr.Loyalty is he?

What goes around,comes around.

So Boxall`s done another runner,and been replaced by Cory,was there a text this time????I really do not understand him,he does have a talent,but obviously something isn`t quite right "upstairs".

I think he will really struggle to get fixed up now,that`s Somerset ( who loaned him his equipment) Uncle Len ( who preferred him to Doyle for some reason ) and now the Devils who offered him a route back,all been let down badly.

I think it`s back to being a gas fitter for him,probibly best for all concerned.

So Boxall`s done another runner,and been replaced by Cory,was there a text this time????I really do not understand him,he does have a talent,but obviously something isn`t quite right "upstairs".

I think he will really struggle to get fixed up now,that`s Somerset ( who loaned him his equipment) Uncle Len ( who preferred him to Doyle for some reason ) and now the Devils who offered him a route back,all been let down badly.

I think it`s back to being a gas fitter for him,probibly best for all concerned.

Now he can be a gas fitter that doesnt turn up.

It's a great pity because no matter what people think about Steve Boxhall, and there right, he is a very good rider, but with a very bad attitude, and it's a great waste of a very good talent.

Edited by Devildodger
  • Like 1

Dont be too unfair on Gino, he looked pretty strong on Saturday. Granted not racing, but I'm looking forward to see him on his new machinery.

The deal to sign Cory was done on sunday, Mike Bowden drove up to Swindon on sunday where Cory was appearing and did the deal there and then, his last to visit's to the SBA with Somerset Cory got an 8 and a 6, so give him a few more rides on the track we should see Cory improve on that.

Edited by Devildodger

The deal to sign Cory was done on sunday, Mike Bowden drove up to Swindon on sunday where Cory was appearing and did the deal there and then.

Hate to burst the bubble but what about work permit? :wink:

hmmm done the deal on Sunday but it appeared in Sundays edition of the Independent, lets hope this isnt another of Bowdens little fibs!!!

hmmm done the deal on Sunday but it appeared in Sundays edition of the Independent, lets hope this isnt another of Bowdens little fibs!!!

We won't know until friday when we go to the track for the meeting Devilforever, it makes you wonder that it was in the paper on sunday, yet it was only on saturday that Steve Boxhall did not turn up for the press and practice, it does make you wonder if Mike Bowden knew before saturday that Boxhall wasn't going to turn up, he must have, there is no way that he can phone a rider on saturday, go and sign him on sunday and it be in sundays paper, i think you have to take any comment by Mike Bowden in any paper with a pinch of salt.

Edited by Devildodger

I would suggest the deal was brokered and agreed over the phone on Saturday after Boxall's no show, hence it then going in the paper as an 'agreed' deal for Sunday morning. The contract would then have been signed on Sunday in Swindon.