British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WembleyLion

Ben Fund Bonanza 11/3/2012

Brummies fans must be purring with the performance of their lads.

Lovely to se the Brits showing so well.

The season is up and running, bring it on !

:approve:

Never tend to read too much into the results of early season meetings, a lot of riders are just easing themselves in – that being said it can have a serious affect on some riders confidence which has a snow ball effect throughout the season – Barker and King strike me as two riders that could really thrive on such an encouraging start.

Any news on the fitness/health of Adam Roynon?

Phew. I had heard that but it's nice to see it somewhere official.

Im sure I read somewhere that he made it into the bar after the meeting, so if that's any indication - he will be fine!

Glad Adam seems to be ok, i was worried when he called over the paramedics. Good meeting on the whole, Bomber was worth the admission on his own!

• Like 1

He got straightened up after touching with King, although Barker was clear at that point.

I suspect that he realised that King, Harris and Barker REALLY meant it, and sensibly backed out!

Im sure I read somewhere that he made it into the bar after the meeting, so if that's any indication - he will be fine!

He did indeed Sandie.Passed AR in the bar last night on my way out and he was limping,but was in good spirits.

He got straightened up after touching with King, although Barker was clear at that point.

Thanks for that, got my answer in the end. much appreciated

Never tend to read too much into the results of early season meetings, a lot of riders are just easing themselves in – that being said it can have a serious affect on some riders confidence which has a snow ball effect throughout the season – Barker and King strike me as two riders that could really thrive on such an encouraging start.

I am sure riders use these meetings to test things out and blow off some of the cobwebs.

The whole point of last night was to raise lots of money,and hopefully that was achieved with a big crowd. :t:

OK, Decided to give this one a go as its for a good cause and was interested to see how the Wolves trio were going to get the season going.

Decent crowd to watch a good line up and great weather with the sun beating down. Sadly at Birmingham that means you either wear a cap or have to watch with your hand in the air trying to see through the rays of sunlight, over the heads of others and over the safety fence. ..... (bit like Kirky Lane for viewing)

So the line up was weakend by Scott Nicholls having to pull out due to two blown engines and was replaced by EL 3+ and PL 7+ rider, Josh Auty who on paper looked to be one of the weakest riders in the line up ....... however the track wasnt paper and Auty deserves Man of the Meeting award for me as he battled well and put many a good EL heat leader to shame and rightly gained a Semi Final place.

With the form of King and Barker and the experience of Bjarne and the back up of Auty, Birmingham could easily be handing out some big thrashings this season and going by the early showings of Klindt, Proctor and Sowka it looks like that may well be next Thursday (22nd) when Wolves are there in the Midland League match.

Expected Nicolai to be much more on the pace but his gating was off and just didnt really look at ease all meeting, but I know he will come good and still feel he will provide good backing to Freddie (watching with Pontus) and Tai. ........ as for Ty Proctor, I hope he gets back to the form we know he has, but he is a bit of a worry as a top second string ..... hope he proves me wrong !!!

As for Lukasz, well at the Olympique the one thing that looked to be his weak point was his gating and here it was the same as he never reached the first bend level with anyone and within yards of leaving the gate he was looking at their rear wheel. ...... Once the first bend was done, he hit the bends well, had a few wobbles (one that threw him off), but basically looked smooth and never really tailed off by much. ...... Early days for the lad who is 18 and highly thought of in Poland and I'm hoping he will progress well as the season goes on.

IMPRESSIVE; Nicki Pedersen looked sharp out of the gate but not on top end power, Daniel King looked very fast and Ben Barker battled well while Rory Schlein was involved in the race of the night as he hunted down Nicki Pedersen (dropped 3 points by being passed) on the line and left enough room for Hans Andersen to ###### second on the line. ..... Until that race Andersen looked nothing and off the pace.

Have to say that if Chris Harris could gate then England could have a top GP rider as he was nowhere on the first lap but his top end speed was by far quicker than anyone else as the final proved as he was way behind but only just missed out on the final bend to catch Barker.

Overall some impressive performances and a few decent races but I found it pretty much follow the leader and most of the passing coming from wide lines off the second bend and down the back straight. ....... The track reminded me a bit like Poole with all the later heats being ridden out by the fence and only mistakes making races look better.

Good to see a few faces there and glad the season is finally here and now looking forward to the P&P at Monmore on Tuesday night and next weeks Wolves v Poole and Brummies v Wolves ....... even if Wolves may take time to get going.

A terrific weekend down in Birmingham, 1st time I've been since since I saw Berwick there back in 2007.

Track was superb, racing was good and Schlein's pass in heat 20 was sensational and the company was terrific :approve:

Great start to the season . Great weather , big crowd and decent racing . If only it would stay like that all summer long . Good to see so many Scots had made the journey down .