British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WembleyLion

Ben Fund Bonanza 11/3/2012

When most people come out of the "one stop" car park they turn right and cross the road under the flyover, a better option would be to go left down to the light controlled crossing. I would suggest it is a safer option, especially for the less mobile amongst us. It is a slightly longer walk, but better than having to cross three busy roads (although there should be less traffic on a Sunday).

Agreed there is a safer route but whenever I’ve used the one stop people always seem to take the shortest route. Although the difference is only a few hundred yards

Edited by Pirio Barre

Regarding parking. It's £2.50 at the stadium of free in the "One Stop Shop" that is sign posted well. Park there and follow the masses over the road, it takes about 3 or 4 minutes. The only issue is that there is a quite a high step on the one side of the road if you're very short or struggle with mobility. The car park is well lit though and if you can park there, do so.

As for viewing, I think Sandies covered it well, bend 1 in the "temp" stands is the best place to watch at Brum.

Yep - high step for little legs = bad option. But I still do it.

Im 4ft 11 and 3/4 inches by the way!!! ;)

Any news whos replacing Bjerre & Nicholls? I hear scott blow 2 engines thats why he cant make it

Any news whos replacing Bjerre & Nicholls? I hear scott blow 2 engines thats why he cant make it

rumour has it - Josh Auty in for Scott

• Like 2

Is the weather ok thanks in advance

LAST CHANCE - Send your Ben Fund Meeting Music Requests, birthdays, shout outs and good luck messages to speedwayshout@hotmail.co.uk or text 07530 644295. Check in on Facebook at Birmingham Speedway for a mention on the day.

• Like 1

Is the weather ok thanks in advance

It is beautiful. Certainly not what we would normally expect for a speedway season start!

But when the sun goes down it will get chilly so be prepared.

Oh and remember - sunglasses and baseball cap required at Brum - a setting sun is a major problem!

Has Bjerre even pulled out, nothing on his twitter page. :blink:

http://twitter.com/#!/bjerreracing

Edited by Brummie Kev

Well done Ben Barker. He must have had a lot of bottle to come through after only scoring 9 points from the qualifying heats!!!!

Up the Brits :D hope Royno is ok.

• Like 1