British Speedway Forum
stratton

Carter Where Does He Rate With The Great British Riders?

Some very muddled thinking on this thread.

No natural talent? Think again.

You're definitely muddled. Who said Carter had no natural talent?

Carter was a fantastic rider but he wasn't a natural on a bike. Joe Screen probably hasn't achieved as much as Carter in all his 22 years but Screen is 20 times more gifted than Carter was.

Carter was not a natural on a bike

If - as you now claim - you don't believe Kenny Carter to have been without natural ability, then you should probably learn to express yourself better. Joe Screen 20 times more gifted than Carter?! 20 times more gifted than me perhaps, but certainly not a rider who achieved much more in a much shorter space of time. Also without the schoolboy grounding that Screen benefitted from.

Edited by falcace

If - as you now claim - you don't believe Kenny Carter to have been without natural ability, then you should probably learn to express yourself better. Joe Screen 20 times more gifted than Carter?! 20 times more gifted than me perhaps, but certainly not a rider who achieved much more in a much shorter space of time. Also without the schoolboy grounding that Screen benefitted from.

I think you are on to a loser impartial one,maybe if you had picked someone else other than Carter.Like others have said Carter,in speedway terms was a novice no grounding really second halves 1 year at Newcastle.Bang a star was born, at the time wasnt really a fan but realise now how good he was today he would have a field day.Different league to the likes of Nicholls,Woffinden, ect]

Or maybe you should learn to read words and understand their meaning. He wasn't a natural on a bike, I've already explained this and he certainly wasn't in the same league as Screen in that department, but nowhere have I stated he had no talent, nor would I.

Edited by ImpartialOne

Or maybe you should learn to read words and understand their meaning. He wasn't a natural on a bike, I've already explained this and he certainly wasn't in the same league as Screen in that department, but nowhere have I stated he had no talent, nor would I.

Why didnt you respond to FALCACE? his post was spot on.Ask him did he think screen was 20 TIMES MORE GIFTED than carter and you did say that didnt you impartial one.Or are you going to change your mind.

Why didnt you respond to FALCACE? his post was spot on.Ask him did he think screen was 20 TIMES MORE GIFTED than carter and you did say that didnt you impartial one.Or are you going to change your mind.

Are you wired up correctly? Who do you think I responded to in a post that quoted falcace? I think I'll leave you to fawn over everything he says.

WHAT!!!!Screeny was 20 times more gifted than Carter??Utter tosh, dont get me wrong as an aces fan Joe was a great great talent (having seen him as a kid in 89). But he wasnt in the same league as Carter (just watch his ride against PC and Les in the 84 British Final). KC was probably one of the most natural gifted riders of his generation FACT!!! :wink:

Are you wired up correctly? Who do you think I responded to in a post that quoted falcace? I think I'll leave you to fawn over everything he says.

i respect falcace ie] because he noes his stuff and because unlike you he dosent try to twist his way of thinking on to you.Believe me falcace wont agree with me everytime far from it.Saying that i do respect your point of view as well impartial one .But got to say Kaisers post, as [blakey would say] thats made my day that as.

WHAT!!!!Screeny was 20 times more gifted than Carter??Utter tosh, dont get me wrong as an aces fan Joe was a great great talent (having seen him as a kid in 89). But he wasnt in the same league as Carter (just watch his ride against PC and Les in the 84 British Final). KC was probably one of the most natural gifted riders of his generation FACT!!! :wink:

I honestly that think one of the major problems on this thread has been the inability of some to read (and write) - and comprehend - the English language. There is not one person who has contributed to this thread that has claimed that Joe Screen was a better rider than Kenny Carter. No, he wasn't "in the same league" as you put it, but does that mean that he wasn't a more naturally talented motorcyclist? No! It just means that he never reached the same level, and didn't achieve as much. When superstars like Mauger and Nielsen freel admit that they were less talented than many others - who achieved far less - that should give you some idea what we are actually saying. From what I saw - and from what I heard from other riders - Joe Screen was perhaps the most naturally-gifted rider to emerge in the last forty years. Other than PC, that is...

Steve

I honestly that think one of the major problems on this thread has been the inability of some to read (and write) - and comprehend - the English language. There is not one person who has contributed to this thread that has claimed that Joe Screen was a better rider than Kenny Carter. No, he wasn't "in the same league" as you put it, but does that mean that he wasn't a more naturally talented motorcyclist? No! It just means that he never reached the same level, and didn't achieve as much. When superstars like Mauger and Nielsen freel admit that they were less talented than many others - who achieved far less - that should give you some idea what we are actually saying. From what I saw - and from what I heard from other riders - Joe Screen was perhaps the most naturally-gifted rider to emerge in the last forty years. Other than PC, that is...

Steve

Michael lee .

Michael lee .

Sorry, but I don't agree. While Lee was an extremely talented rider, I still believe that PC and Screeny were far more natural. I think that like Nielsen, and also Briggs, Lee had to work harder to achieve his success as a result of his physical stature. As a result, they were less "naturally-gifted" than the two I mentioned. As has already been said, I would class the Morans in the same category.

Steve

Ok, I take back the comment of Screenie being 20 times more naturally talented than Carter. I realise this was out of proportion. He was of course only 17 times more naturally talented. :rolleyes:

Ok, I take back the comment of Screenie being 20 times more naturally talented than Carter. I realise this was out of proportion. He was of course only 17 times more naturally talented. :rolleyes:

16 3/4, actually... mad0025.gif

Steve

Edited by chunky