British Speedway Forum
stratton

Will Darcy Ward Be A World Champion In The Future?

Quite clear the difference in the two last season. Ward miles better and top of the EL averages. Emil somewhat lower in the pack. Emil looks a rider on the edge and often past it. Ward looks smooth and fast and aggressive. Emil is good, no mistake, but in the same level as Ward. My opinion of course.

Then why didn't he blow away the EL opposition?

given the same amount of time on UK tracks as Holder and Ward have had would give a fairer indication of how good he is.

ward wasn't great in his first EL year, he was good but he wasn't spectacular. however last year Ward for me was a stand out while Holder stood still and had the same problems with being worn out around mid to late august that he had year before.

Ward has more chance than Holder to be WC i think. Jury is still out on Emil but he certainly has the skills shown so far to be WC he just needs less injuries/accidents

Performances on British tracks don't matter.

The only thing matters is Emil's performance on big tracks in Poland as the most GP's are there along with the money.

I think Ward and Emil will both be World Champions. Don't think Holder is good enough to win it though.

ward will never be .while hes with holder..because ward is following in his steps and is picking up all of holders bad habits.

I think Ward and Emil will both be World Champions. Don't think Holder is good enough to win it though.

I agree with this.

Holder is a very good rider but for all he is dominant in the UK and very good in the foreign leagues, I just don't think he has it in him to win the WC. When you look at Ward and sometimes Emil they take risks and although they mightn't be as consistent as Holder they are more ruthless when it matters and can pull it out the bag on the big stage, thats why I think they'll win it a few times between them.

Holder might well be the next Leigh Adams.

At some point (hopefully sooner rather than later..) there has to be a whole scale change in those in the GP series from the old guard (containing the likes of Crump, Pedersen, Hancock & Gollob who consistently show they can (and have been) world champs and a larger group who don't!) and replacement with a younger brigade. Personally I'd be surprised if when that happens, Holder isn't a major challenger and may well (rather like Hamill did before Greg took over...) preceed his countryman Ward to win a World title...

I think Holder has conducted his career pretty well so far, with a slight glitch or two along the way of course, he's calculated and I hope he makes it to the pinnacle, he, like Ward, has plenty of years ahead, I think and hope you are proved wrong ............

• Like 1