British Speedway Forum

at eastbourne on monday it was confirmed arlington is staging a gb u23 v australia u23 match on october 22. i might be tempted to go to this if the line ups are decent. :unsure:

Any news on line ups yet.

I have heard Cam and Lewis are riding but dont know any others

Co-promoter Mike Bellerby said: “When the opportunity arose to have this fixture, we grabbed it because we think it will make a good end to the season for our fans and provide the chance to give a big thank you to everyone who has supported the Lifestyle Eagles in the 2011 season and made it possible for speedway to continue at Arlington.

“There’s the local interest in Lewis and Cameron and I’m sure our supporters will enjoy the opportunity of seeing some of the riders who will become the stars of tomorrow.”

On the Team GB Under 23s Lewis will be joined by Tai Woffinden and Josh Auty who has just signed for Belle Vue and for Young Australia Cameron will line up with Swindon’s Cory Gathercole and have been strengthened by the inclusion of the experienced Travis McGowan.

In order to give fans a super Saturday night out of speedway action at great value for money, the normal admission prices to Arlington have been reduced to Adults £14 and OAPs £12. In addition, the Kids a Quid promotion will be operating as usual.

Also, the management of the Lifestyle Eagles are very grateful to V8engines.eu who are sponsoring the meeting.

Reflecting on the defeat in the Elite League Grand Final against Poole, Bellerby said: “Of course, it was a disappointment to lose.

“However, we must not lose sight of the fact that it has been a superb season for the Eagles. We reached the grand final for the first time since 2002 after finishing second in the Elite League Table and also were KO Cup semi-finalists.

“On both occasions, our quest for glory was halted by Poole. We have learned from the experiences and are determined to come back even stronger next year.

“Both on and off the track, 2011 has been a year of significant progress. We all can celebrate that success, riders, sponsors, management and most of all the fans and we look forward to seeing everyone on the 22nd for the final speedway action at Arlington this year.”

Teams are the following..

GB:

1.T.Woffinden

2.A.Birks

3.S.Boxall

4.J.Auty

5.L.Bridger ©

6.R.Worrall

7.S.Worrall

Aus:

1.C.Woodward ©

2.T.Nelson

3.A.Summers

4.C.Gathercole

5.T.McGowan

6.J.Holder

7.J.Herne

Teams are the following..

GB:

1.T.Woffinden

2.A.Birks

3.S.Boxall

4.J.Auty

5.L.Bridger ©

6.R.Worrall

7.S.Worrall

Aus:

1.C.Woodward ©

2.T.Nelson

3.A.Summers

4.C.Gathercole

5.T.McGowan

6.J.Holder

7.J.Herne

TEAM GB should be re-named TEAM Scunthorpe - only one rider who hasn't ridden for them in the CL or NL :t:

When did Boxall or Bridger ride for Scunthorpe as an offical Team Member?

Well 5 out of 7 Scunthorpe and ex-Scunthorpe riders in one team ain't bad... :t:

(I got over-excited :lol: )

Well 5 out of 7 Scunthorpe and ex-Scunthorpe riders in one team ain't bad... :t:

(I got over-excited :lol: )

Looks like no Woffy! maybe it will get to £10.00 admission

Looks like no Woffy! maybe it will get to £10.00 admission

Auty could be out as well? £8.00 admission

I feel a bit sorry for the promotion. Even if all those riders named actually ride (which they won't), its hardly a strong line-up.

eg, why no Ward for the Aussies??

I feel a bit sorry for the promotion. Even if all those riders named actually ride (which they won't), its hardly a strong line-up.

eg, why no Ward for the Aussies??

Does anyone have any final team news as I may go to this one. :t:

Does anyone have any final team news as I may go to this one. :t:

Was thinking of going myself but there appears to be very little interest in this meeting :blink:

Two things...

How on this earth is Travis McGowan under 23? And Oliver Allen for that matter.

And why is "Nelson" (I presume Tyson Nelson) always referred to as just Nelson in updates?

Two things...

How on this earth is Travis McGowan under 23? And Oliver Allen for that matter.

And why is "Nelson" (I presume Tyson Nelson) always referred to as just Nelson in updates?

It was "Young Australia", not Australia Under-23, primarily, I think, so that Woodward could ride. But it also allowed 30-year old McGowan to race.

29-year old Allen was a late replacement for the ill Woffinden. Having said that, Boxall is also 25 I think, and he was named in the original line-up, so it should really have been Young Great Britain too.

Nelson rather than Tyson Nelson is one of Len Silver's weird gimmicks, like Karlis instead of Karlis Ezergailis. Not really sure why on earth he thinks it adds anything though.

http://eliteeaglescouk.ipage.com/pdf/2011-gb-aus.pdf

Edited by Khabiboulin