British Speedway Forum
Fozzie4388

2012 Gp Wildcards Announced

As usual '1 decent round' Harris gets a nomination. Again :rolleyes:

Yea of course. :rolleyes:

Of course not. Just 2 rostrum places in the last 3 rounds. :rolleyes:

Totally agree if Freddie had been fit for the 2 grand Prix just after his injury he would have scored enough points to be in the top 8. Should be a good series in 2012 really excited as I'm going to 3 of them. :party::party:

I would of,he is a class exciting rider who came third in the last completed gp,certainly deserves it more than Harris or Nicki

Yes of course he does, what planet are you on?

:rofl:

ooh the internet police are going to be all over this being in the wrong section!

Beat me to it... Would've thought it was the first place to be announced...

Whilst a lot of threads can be hard to decide what section they should be put in, it absolutely beggars belief that this topic has been started in the Elite League section. For goodness sake look at the title of the thread '2012 GP Wildcards Announced' should that not give a clue as to the correct forum.

It certainly is not of being finicky either, it's annoying when following a topic to have to visit more than one section. Amazingly, as was bound to happen, there have already been duplicate posts made in the running thread in the GP section.

There is, at this moment in time, a running 10 page thread on the topic

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=67053

Edited by manchesterpaul

Personally I'd only have given Darcy a spot out of those four. Not a lot amongst the three qualifiers and the nominations to freshen the series up much.

Personally I'd only have given Darcy a spot out of those four. Not a lot amongst the three qualifiers and the nominations to freshen the series up much.

Ok, who has been left out that brings more excitement, drama and controversy than Nicki?

Ok, who has been left out that brings more excitement, drama and controversy than Nicki?

Lewis Bridger :rofl:

Lewis Bridger :rofl:

:rofl:

The only thing with putting young riders in is they are under so much pressure to suceed & Woffy is not rushing back to get in the SGP series. I think some of the top 8 riders from this year will be under pressure when the 2012 series start. :approve:

According to Pooles Twitter the Wildcards have been named as

Freddie Lindgren

Nicki Pedersen

Chris Harris

Darcy Ward

If it is the case then that makes the original post's thoughts correct. Although, for the reasons i gave it wasn't exactly rocket science as far as i'm concerned and am sure most fans would have thought the same.

Very important question if Darcy Ward is indeed nominated i presume that it is 100% dependent still on him accepting the invitation?. The fact that he has apparently been named as one of the four doesn't mean he will be taking part??? Maybe the official press release statement to be issued tomorrow will clarify that? Only i take it that the club that has put the news out on Twitter ahead of the SGP announcement have not also provided us with such details?

I wonder if whoever is responsible for the Poole Twitter would be pleased if someone leaked a big news story of theirs ahead of schedule on any given occasion.

I'm guessing that by rights taking into account form, potential and commercial interests the 4 Wild Cards for 2012 are pretty much set?

1. Darcy Ward - has to be a no-brainer?

2. Nicki Pedersen - has to be a no-brainer......surely?

3. Freddie Lindgren - the 9th place rider at present and a world class rider as league averages show.

4. Chris Harris - highest placed non-qualified rider in series at present* and there really needs to be an English (British hee hee!) representative.

Edited Update

*Highest placed once Lindgren and Pedersen have been picked. Lindback of course already qualified via the SGP Challenge meeting.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Whilst a lot of threads can be hard to decide what section they should be put in, it absolutely beggars belief that this topic has been started in the Elite League section. For goodness sake look at the title of the thread '2012 GP Wildcards Announced' should that not give a clue as to the correct forum.

It certainly is not of being finicky either, it's annoying when following a topic to have to visit more than one section. Amazingly, as was bound to happen, there have already been duplicate posts made in the running thread in the GP section.

Might as well join others in having to now duplicate thoughts on the topic in two sections of the forum.

According to Pooles Twitter the Wildcards have been named as

Freddie Lindgren

Nicki Pedersen

Chris Harris

Darcy Ward

If it is the case then that makes the original post's thoughts correct. Although, for the reasons i gave it wasn't exactly rocket science as far as i'm concerned and am sure most fans would have thought the same.

Very important question if Darcy Ward is indeed nominated i presume that it is 100% dependent still on him accepting the invitation?. The fact that he has apparently been named as one of the four doesn't mean he will be taking part??? Maybe the official press release statement to be issued tomorrow will clarify that? Only i take it that the club that has put the news out on Twitter ahead of the SGP announcement have not also provided us with such details?

I wonder if whoever is responsible for the Poole Twitter would be pleased if someone leaked a big news story of theirs ahead of schedule on any given occasion.

I'm guessing that by rights taking into account form, potential and commercial interests the 4 Wild Cards for 2012 are pretty much set?

1. Darcy Ward - has to be a no-brainer?

2. Nicki Pedersen - has to be a no-brainer......surely?

3. Freddie Lindgren - the 9th place rider at present and a world class rider as league averages show.

4. Chris Harris - highest placed non-qualified rider in series at present* and there really needs to be an English (British hee hee!) representative.

Edited Update

*Highest placed once Lindgren and Pedersen have been picked. Lindback of course already qualified via the SGP Challenge meeting.

Whilst a lot of threads can be hard to decide what section they should be put in, it absolutely beggars belief that this topic has been started in the Elite League section. For goodness sake look at the title of the thread '2012 GP http://Wildcards Announced' should that not give a clue as to the correct forum.

I knew it

internet-police.jpg

Well if Ward deserves 1 so does Janowski surely.?? :wink:

They should give Janowski a couple of the wild card entries for Poland, see how he gets on. Does well, then in for 2013.

Well if Ward deserves 1 so does Janowski surely.?? :wink:

They should give Janowski a couple of the wild card entries for Poland, see how he gets on. Does well, then in for 2013.