British Speedway Forum
Ghostwalker

Swedish 2021 Season (info on 1st page with signings, rules and etc).

What's the situation with Smederna at the moment, ghostie? I see they are asking for support and sponsors. Are they in danger again, or just looking for extra income?

Edited by June01
  • Like 1

What's the story with Smederna at the moment, ghostie? I see they are asking for support and sponsors again. Are they in any danger of having to pull out of the league?

I don't know really.

For a few a years there have been sn agreement in place between the clubs to use a minimum of three Swedish riders/line-up,

previous years Swedish have been = Swedish license but for this season it was changed so that Swedish is = Swedish passport.

However in the first round Rospiggarna disregarded that agreement and used Timo Lahti instead of a third Swedish rider

Swedish Elite Speedway association (Ess) will likely give Rospiggarna a 25'000 fine for beaching the agreement.

Ultimately, this kind of behavior of circumventing / ignoring agreements might lead to the

agreement of minimum three Swedish riders / line-up being scrapped.

http://www.vetlandaposten.se/article/svenskregeln-kan-skrotas/

Edited by Ghostwalker

May 2015 Elitserien attendances: average under 2000 from 9 matches

So far this year (8 matches): average over 3000.

- could just be the weather (very warm and sunny at the moment) but it will be interesting to see if it can be sustained.

I thought the current methanol used is exactly that, a biproduct from the paper industry aka"Skogsrest". .?

I don't know but according wikipedia, methanol was originally made from wood but "modern" methanol fuel is made from Methane gas (extracted from natural gas),

however no sources are cited although Encyclopaedia Britannica also says the same.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Smederna have had a huge crisis financially but thanks to hard work from a small team of people, this season have been saved.

One of those who have been working "day and night" to bring in money is Smederna's veteran Magnus Zetterström. He also managed

to convince the riders in tomorrow's lineup to ride for a discounted salary that only cover's their costs.

http://ekuriren.se/sport/1.4101573-gladjebesked-for-smederna

I'll still don't have much appetite for speedway at the moment so I have out R&R in charge for the meeting talk threads.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 3