British Speedway Forum
speedyguy

New Zealand 2011-12

New Zealand has three regular bike tracks that staged about 30 meetings all season. Speedway New Zealand actually licences 24 tracks and obviously the majority are car racing venues. Let's hope the forthcoming GP is a success and sparks a bike speedway revival.

JACK KEEN,

ERITH, KENT

It's over a year ago, now, I know, but were full heat details ever made available of LAST year's Elf Oils Series, Round Five, from Gisborne, on 19 January?

Do a google search for Gisborne Speedway New Zealand. They do have a website and you might get the results from there or find a track contact who can help. Didn't they appear in 'Speedway Star' at the time?

JACK KEEN,

ERITH, KENT

Anymore info on the proposed meeting in Auckland on the Eve of the GP?

Also a few of us are looking at pre GP drinks somewhere in the vicinity of the Western Springs track...any ideas?

Any other info .speedway related in and around Auckland would be much appreciated.....

Anymore info on the proposed meeting in Auckland on the Eve of the GP?

Also a few of us are looking at pre GP drinks somewhere in the vicinity of the Western Springs track...any ideas?

Any other info .speedway related in and around Auckland would be much appreciated.....

These are the only listed dates for the end of the month:

MARCH 18

Moore Park Speedway Remembrance Meeting

MARCH 18

Rosebank Speedway Meeting 8

MARCH 24

Oreti Park Speedway

MARCH 31

FIM Speedway Grand Prix - Western Springs

Edited by speedyguy

There is supposedly a meeting at Waikaraka Park according to their website 30 March, but as yet I haven't heard of any local riders going, I will find out more this weekend as there's a Rosebank meeting this weekend.

Rosebank has a club practice night on the Wednesday 28 from 4pm - till dark, if anyone is arriving early

These are the only listed dates for the end of the month:

MARCH 18

Moore Park Speedway Remembrance Meeting

MARCH 18

Rosebank Speedway Meeting 8

MARCH 24

Oreti Park Speedway

MARCH 31

FIM Speedway Grand Prix - Western Springs

I have been to the Waikaraka Park website and it gives this additional fixture to those in my previous message:

Friday

30 Mar 2012

Special Event

SOLO & SIDECAR SPECTACULAR

Its proving very difficult to get any info about activities in and around Auckland....Speedway related.

Only two weeks away from the opening Grand Prix and with hundreds of foreign visitors descending on the city, surely now is the time to start plugging any additional meetings, or activities..

I'm not even sure if the Kiwis know whats going on???????

Its proving very difficult to get any info about activities in and around Auckland....Speedway related.

Only two weeks away from the opening Grand Prix and with hundreds of foreign visitors descending on the city, surely now is the time to start plugging any additional meetings, or activities..

New Zealand is not a speedway bike minded country. Of the 24 licenced tracks by Speedway New Zealand, only three of them are solely for bikes. The speedway bike track at Waikaraka Park is part of a more intensified car establishment. The cars race there throughout the season - about 25 meetings - while bikes go on about three times, then usually as a support item to cars.

So far as speedway bike promotion is concerned, these are run by club members. There are no professional promoters for the bikes. It, perhaps, is similar to how grass track racing is organised in the UK.

Edited by speedyguy

You've seen the GP thread, Lee? Waikakaraka park on Friday & Red Bull MotoX on Sunday. Stop whingeing or people'll think yer a POM!

Any info on what time the Waikaraka park meeting starts?

The GP practice is at 15.00, so would be nice if the race at Waikaraka park is in the evening :).

Any info on what time the Waikaraka Park meeting starts?

The GP practice is at 15.00, so would be nice if the race at Waikaraka Park is in the evening :).

All details about Waikaraka Park can be found at

http://www.waikaraka...index.php?id=21

You will find it is possible to contact them by email. The address is on their site.

Edited by speedyguy

WIAKARAKA PARK MEETING CANCELLED

http://waikarakafami...index.php?id=19

:cry:

Edited by TwoMinuteWarning

WIAKARAKA PARK MEETING CANCELLED

http://waikarakafami...index.php?id=19

:cry:

I thought it would be, all the riders will be at the GP practice watching and they wouldn't be able to get across the city in time for scrutineering in time. Some riders are watching and some have official jobs at the GP for the weekend It would have been a better plan to have held the meeting on the Sunday after the GP. Next year we will be able to plan it better, now we know how it all works