British Speedway Forum
PhilK

Mildenhall 2012

Glad to see the best value speedway in East Anglia (and no doubt much further afield than that!) Mildenhall speedway will be back in 2012!

Though I have to say, I find it hard to believe the current very capable Mildenhall promotion were struggling to make it viable because crowds must have averaged at least 7-800 last season, they had a thriving commercial side bringing in a tidy income, the promotion were helping out a certain team member with equipment, the riders wern't on big deals, the reasonable rent figure was lower than what it has been in the past and all 3, messrs Jolly, Lee and Louis have other profitable income streams away from Mildenhall speedway!

Anyway good luck to Mildenhall speedway and speedway as a whole in 2012 and beyond!

Edited by 25yearfan

Only my personnal estimate, but I'd say the season average would have been 7-800!

Their would have been a few meetings under 700 but meetings like the opener 1500+ and a few of the other big crowds would have made up for the leaner meetings crowdwise!

Hopefully there might be some announcement with regard team building soon, as stated in the last press release? before new year? I had heard about the possibility of Nielson, Jacobs, Blackbird, A Basesby and another??? perhaps someone from press and practice as last year.

Hopefully there might be some announcement with regard team building soon, as stated in the last press release? before new year? I had heard about the possibility of Nielson, Jacobs, Blackbird, A Basesby and another??? perhaps someone from press and practice as last year.

Fair looking team, although by my reckoning over the 40 points limit even with a 3 pointer as A.N. Other

Fair looking team, although by my reckoning over the 40 points limit even with a 3 pointer as A.N. Other

yeah around 40 but just over, perhaps Heeps average will be looked at and reduced, that would be fair.....

yeah around 40 but just over, perhaps Heeps average will be looked at and reduced, that would be fair.....

I will have to ask the obvious, but how can Cameron's 2011 9.18 (BSPA web site) GS average be reduced? After all he was an illegal, in my opinion only, rider in the 2011 NL as he is 100% Australian and from my understanding of the NL rules last year should not have been allowed in the NL in the first place as no other team used a 100% Aussie......Newport's & Buxton's were 100% legal!

Just curious :t:

Edited by berniev123

Cameron Heaps qualified because of British ancestry.

I think either his mother or father was born in Britain or one of his grandparents were.

Anyone knows exactly how Cameron qualified?

Mildenhall speedway in 2011 would have been worse off without Cameron Heaps!

Cameron Heaps qualified because of British ancestry.

I think either his mother or father was born in Britain or one of his grandparents were.

Anyone knows exactly how Cameron qualified?

Mildenhall speedway in 2011 would have been worse off without Cameron Heaps!

I think it's time everyone moved on from Camerons qualification last season. At the end of the day the BSPA approved him to ride in the NL for the Fen Tigers. The rights or wrongs of that decision don't really matter now, as we know rules change every minute in speedway.

It will be interesting to see if the Fen Tigers use Cam in 2012, personally I would let him concentrate on Premier League and for the Fen Tigers to move on.

Anyway whatever happens I wish the Fen Tigers all the best for next season.

Nikko

At the end of the day the BSPA approved Cameron Heaps inclusion in the Mildenhall line up and the 2011 season has came and is now gone!

I hope Cameron Heaps is a Mildenhall rider next season cause his exciting riding style adds to what normally is terrific entertainment at West Row when theres a fen Tigers home meeting!

I think it's time everyone moved on from Camerons qualification last season. At the end of the day the BSPA approved him to ride in the NL for the Fen Tigers. The rights or wrongs of that decision don't really matter now, as we know rules change every minute in speedway.

It will be interesting to see if the Fen Tigers use Cam in 2012, personally I would let him concentrate on Premier League and for the Fen Tigers to move on.

Nikko

I agree with you 100% but was just curious as I have never got to grips with this thorny problem last season, mind he was brilliant when I saw him and should really be 3rd Heat Leader at Ipswich by June 2012 I would have thought.

I will have to ask the obvious, but how can Cameron's 2011 9.18 (BSPA web site) GS average be reduced? After all he was an illegal, in my opinion only, rider in the 2011 NL as he is 100% Australian and from my understanding of the NL rules last year should not have been allowed in the NL in the first place as no other team used a 100% Aussie......Newport's & Buxton's were 100% legal!

Just curious :t:

i wasnt serious.

According to todays Newmarket Journal, team should be announced in the next couple of weeks

• Like 2

Nikko

I think the rights & wrongs matter enormously - possibly as much as any other issue facing British Speedway today, because they represent the corruption that lies at the heart of our sport.

No-one (including three NL team managers I asked) knows how Heeps was able to ride when it would be a very simple matter to publish precisely how that was the case. The fact that permission for him to ride was refused point blank and then changed when Brundle was not permitted to double up - despite the fact that Mildenhall had been assured that he could - says it all.

Lets not forget that had he passed Richie Worrall on the last bend at Mildenhall the Fen Tigers would have won the NL, with a rider who was not eligible to compete in the NL being directly responsible. While Heeps is just an example of the appalling culture that exists in British Speedway, he is particularly bad one and its little wonder with decsions of that nature that the BSPA are totally against independent adjudication.

We either want a sport that adheres to its own rules and regulations or we don't.

Personally, the BSPA saying that a rider could compete isn't enough for me, and I am surprised its enough for anyone.

No-one doubts that Heeps was a huge asset to the NL as a whole, but that's not the point.

• Like 5