R Ksiezak

T Batchelor

J Sedgmen

C Gathercole

T Poole

K Smith

C Holder

C Woodward

its a little odd that ksiezak is seeded over masters,some good prospects in the qualifiers

Couldn't agree more, but it's all down to MA rules & regs ensuring every state has representation: Sam came 5th in his NSW state titles while Robbie was the highest-placed SA rider in the SA Titles.

Nice to see an explanation from MA. Wish the BSPA were so proactive!

Edited by superguest

If Troy isn't fit then It's Crumps or Holders to win.

.Crumpy;s not riding in the Aussies; he's taking a well-earned break, apart from a few selected meetings.

All eyes turn to Brisvegas this week with the eagerly-awaited Australian Solos kicking off on Friday Night for the qualifying meeting, then Saturday Night for round 1.

Tragics like myself will be congregating in Queensland's Capital, then heading South, first to Kurri Kurri in the picturesque Hunter Valley for Speed Week with the junior 125s solos, teams and sidecars titles to be decided along with round two of the Solos, then it's off to Gillman in SA for round three then Kapunda in the Barossa for the SA Longtrack titles - a Feast of Speedway to pig out on! (Not to mention some of Oz's best vineyards to pop in on to sample the goodies!) :drink: Apart from riders and families there'll be a hardcore group of forty or so who'll be at every meeting, travelling thousands of kilometres to watch the sport we love. Youse mob should come down some time and check it out - Speedway in it's natural state, in the country that gave the sport to the world - it doesn't get much better than this.. :cheers:

Edited by BigFatDave

All eyes turn to Brisvegas this week with the eagerly-awaited Australian Solos kicking off on Friday Night for the qualifying meeting, then Saturday Night for round 1.

Tragics like myself will be congregating in Queensland's Capital, then heading South, first to Kurri Kurri in the picturesque Hunter Valley for Speed Week with the junior 125s solos, teams and sidecars titles to be decided along with round two of the Solos, then it's off to Gillman in SA for round three then Kapunda in the Barossa for the SA Longtrack titles - a Feast of Speedway to pig out on! (Not to mention some of Oz's best vineyards to pop in on to sample the goodies!) :drink: Apart from riders and families there'll be a hardcore group of forty or so who'll be at every meeting, travelling thousands of kilometres to watch the sport we love. Youse mob should come down some time and check it out - Speedway in it's natural state, in the country that gave the sport to the world - it doesn't get much better than this.. :cheers:

Hopefully, I will be joining you at Kurri Kurri!

Hopefully, I will be joining you at Kurri Kurri!

I'll look forward to seeing you there, Ron, Speed Week in Kurri Kurri is not to be missed. The Juniors meetings will be action-packed as usual. Thursday's two qualifiers promise to be rippers; these kids are riding for Sheep Stations!

BFD Talking of sheep stations, many years ago I saw a programme about a relay race in Australia between two cities or towns. There was a group of people in each team who travelled in a vehicle and each person took it in turns to run a distance. The programme showed the intense training of a few of the teams, running up mountains with heavy loads on their backs and the individuals were testing themselves to the limit. Each of the support vehicles has hi-tech equipment such as heart monitors etc because of the conditions in which the teams were running in.

The last team they talked to was a group of shearers. We train very hard they said, and what about the equipment you have in your vehicle asked the interviewer. That is a secret they said we will show you at the start when the vehicle is loaded.

The tv crew turned up at the start and spoke to the teams, most of whom were limbering up and taking on fluids for the race.

They then spoke to the shearers who were sat under a tree. Where is your support vehicle asked the crew?. Oh it will be here soon its in town getting our supplies.

When the vehicle turned up it was full of beer. Dont you want to do well in this race, no was the answer just get pissed.

We used to get a few programmes about mad Australian sports but not any more,

Anyway have a great time this weekend and , if you are posting an update, will look forward to reading it

Its not very often we get to see two meetings on consecutive days, so really looking forward to this Friday and Saturday. The qualifier on Friday throws down all kinds of possibilities and I'm expecting a shock or two. One rider who has really taken my eye in recent months is Ryan Douglas, he could sneak in, but this may be a year too soon for him, either way he's quite new to speedway after a successful junior dirt track career, a career path that tends to produce quality riders in Australia.

My tips to qualify;

Masters, Tungate, Horwood (its his home track), and Nelson, it gets very tricky for the final three spots, and this is where I expect one or two surprises. Its going to be very interesting.

My best wishes go to the staging club and their helpers, all those riding in the meetings and all those attending what promises to be a feast of action. Gutted I won't be joining them all in Brisbane and indeed the other rounds but I'll be putting a shot of Bundy in my early morning coffee (well quacks say I've got to stick to decaffeinated stuff so need it!) as a consolation! :wink:

Stop Whingeing Brynbach - you'll be able to keep up to date on http://www.ausspeedw....proboards.com/

I'm in the bar (Surprise!) at Darwin Airport ready to head South - Brisvegas - and Trackman's spare bedroom - here I come!

Good ol' MA - the day before it starts they let everyone know - =6002&tx_ttnews[backPid]=6&cHash=c64a8dd6a9"]http://www.ma.org.au/index.php?id=12&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=6002&tx_ttnews[backPid]=6&cHash=c64a8dd6a9

Edited by BigFatDave

What time is it all starting on Saturday? I'm down in Newcastle at the moment, finishing off the New Year holidays, but we're back home to Brisbane, via Armidale on Friday. Might be able to see my first speedway meeting in about 3 years!