British Speedway Forum
Lioness

Shane Parker Farewell 18th March 5pm

cheers Shadders - I'd settle for that. Looks perfect speedway weather :)

Really want to be there for my old mate Parks ..but being unable to drive for 6 weeks whilst on crutches after my knee op not looking good!!

Alas Main Man I too would dearly love to be there but I'm in the same boat as have no transport from here near Dartford and whilst I could get there by train, I couldn't get back same day. Would have stayed up overnight but have hospital appointment with a consultant Monday and getting one of them is like winning the lottery!

Like you I'm gutted and dearly hope the place is packed out...Guess we'll both have to wait and get the DVD! :sad::cry:

Edited by Bryn

Cracking interview with " the Messiah " in the Speedway Star this week . Sunday is going to be a fantastic day , but tinged with a bit of sadnessed too . We were lucky , lucky fans to have had 6 seasons of entertainment courtesy of Shane Parker .

ashman and fixerman will be there see yers in the new barracks tavern.

Edited by ashman

Parks has given great service to British Speedway, he made a big impression at Lynn during his time as a Star and has always had the support of Lynn fans since that time, he will forever be remembered for playing his part in one of the greatest races ever at Lynn! As a fan I was impressed that he got the SRA up and running, shame it has consequently gone by the board since he stood down.

There is no doubt he will be missed from british speedway. I wish him and his family all the very best in the future, I'm pretty sure that speedway will take a long time to get out of his blood, if it ever does, so I'm sure he won't be lost to the sport when he goes home to Aus!

• Like 1

ashman and fixerman will be there see yers in the new barracks tavern.

Hopefully driving down too, some big speedway stars, please stay safe Rene :)

Parks has given great service to British Speedway, he made a big impression at Lynn during his time as a Star and has always had the support of Lynn fans since that time, he will forever be remembered for playing his part in one of the greatest races ever at Lynn! As a fan I was impressed that he got the SRA up and running, shame it has consequently gone by the board since he stood down.

There is no doubt he will be missed from british speedway. I wish him and his family all the very best in the future, I'm pretty sure that speedway will take a long time to get out of his blood, if it ever does, so I'm sure he won't be lost to the sport when he goes home to Aus!

Well said Trees, one of the reasons I'll be attending today.

Been a great servant to British speedway, provided a great entertainment and some colour in a sport that's lacking a few characters nowadays.

Hope Shane has a great day and we're rewarded with some great racing. Can't wait :t:

PS - Anyone know if they have Sky Sports in the stadium bars or the pub nearby?

Edited by Speedball

Good luck to the Adelaide legend. Great entertainer, nutter and genuine guy, his buttocks will be sorely missed!!!

lets hope everyone stays safe and give shane a truly rousing send off.which is no less than he deserves a true legend and great guy.have a happy retirement shane

Good luck to the Adelaide legend. Great entertainer, nutter and genuine guy, his buttocks will be sorely missed!!!

I REALLY wish you hadn't put that image in my head! its surpassed only by the press and practice day when with SNOW falling Shane was doing the naked rider shot with Miss Scotland lol