British Speedway Forum
emerald tyke

Monster Energy Sponsorship

I look forward to seeing Kenny Block as the pre-meeting entertainment before the Cardiff GP.

Thats the one possibility and a degree of how higher Monster will raise the profile of Speedway...people do not underestimate how important globally this could be for the sport...as for the earlier poor mans RedBull be careful as in the USA Monster is becoming a bigger brand sporting wise..Redbull can be guilty of trying to be a bit picky and hip with its sportsman Monster just go for the jugular....as for the 666 be afraid...be very afraid! Im typing this as im slurping a can of lo-carb Monster whilst resting it on me trendy metallic silver coloured bible! :drink:

• Like 1

Thats the one possibility and a degree of how higher Monster will raise the profile of Speedway...people do not underestimate how important globally this could be for the sport...as for the earlier poor mans RedBull be careful as in the USA Monster is becoming a bigger brand sporting wise..Redbull can be guilty of trying to be a bit picky and hip with its sportsman Monster just go for the jugular....as for the 666 be afraid...be very afraid! Im typing this as im slurping a can of lo-carb Monster whilst resting it on me trendy metallic silver coloured bible! :drink:

beware the reaper :rofl:

THE Japanese manufacturers will never get involved until there is something in it for them. Many years ago when Brioggo was riding for Yamaha in the States and was very close to one of the big bosses there he was told that the cost of producing a speedway bike with such limited sales potential was prohibitive. He said Yamaha could probably make a year's supply in a week and then the production line would be idle.

There is no spin off. Speedway bikes cannot be used anywhere other than a speedway track and that has always been and remains a unsurmountable obstacle in the way of getting big names involved. Which is, of course, one reason why Armando Castagna is so keen to see the flat track scene evolve and grow.

the fact that Joe Bloggs has no use for a Honda speedway bike is a major obstacle to it happening of course.................... but I dont see that as the only way the Japanese manufacturers would get involved

What is in it for Monster? Product placement, pure and simple. They will reach yet another audience from young to old and no doubt we will all be brainwashed within a few years with all the merchandise, posters, racejackets just like in the other motorsports they are involved in. Any new generation coming along in speedway will see Monster as part of the furniture, and so the thinking goes in advertising, it will make Monster one of their first choices when it comes to choosing energy drinks

It shouldnt be much different for the big Japanese brands...... if/when the sport is watched by enough people it will outweigh the cost of testing, setting up and producing from a production line............... I guess the question there is how many fans at the stadium and at home would it take for it to be worth it?

the fact that Joe Bloggs has no use for a Honda speedway bike is a major obstacle to it happening of course.................... but I dont see that as the only way the Japanese manufacturers would get involved

It shouldnt be much different for the big Japanese brands...... if/when the sport is watched by enough people it will outweigh the cost of testing, setting up and producing from a production line............... I guess the question there is how many fans at the stadium and at home would it take for it to be worth it?

Trouble is though,speedway has never really as far as i remember attracted a big motorbike following.I was a bike rider until a couple of years ago,but was one of only a very few that ever turned up at a speedway meeting.I don't remember big biker attendances in England and in Germany + Denmark it is also a handful out of a crowd of 1,000+.The only meeting i know that you get maybe 100 bikes at is Brokstedt on a May bank holiday.Still,out of 4,000 people 100 bikers is probably a market too small to invest in

What is in it for Monster? Product placement, pure and simple. They will reach yet another audience from young to old and no doubt we will all be brainwashed within a few years with all the merchandise, posters, racejackets just like in the other motorsports they are involved in. Any new generation coming along in speedway will see Monster as part of the furniture, and so the thinking goes in advertising, it will make Monster one of their first choices when it comes to choosing energy drinks

but surely that's what all the others are after as well? These people are not charities and do this for the love of sport. They want their name to be given as big a profile as possible. I can't see what is bad about speedway getting it's nose int he trough. Speedway has been crying out for a decent sponsor to get involved who can raise it's profile. maybe Monster is it. Who the hell cares why they are there just hope they stay around a while and maybe a few others realise Speedway is actually a sport and not just an Elvis film. For me they can paint Kel Tatum green and dress Pearson up as a can if it can get the sport noticed.

• Like 1

Trouble is though,speedway has never really as far as i remember attracted a big motorbike following.I was a bike rider until a couple of years ago,but was one of only a very few that ever turned up at a speedway meeting.......

Absolutely agree. Most bike fans are as interested in the bike and equipment, as much as they in the riders. In speedway the attention is almost exclusively rider driven.

Monster are heavily involved in V8 racing in Oz, and having been a recipient of their corporate hospitality I can attest to their willingness to go the extra mile to look after their clients and customers - plus the Monster Girls are GREAT! http://www.google.co...iw=1280&bih=685

Edited by BigFatDave
  • Like 1

Monster are heavily involved in V8 racing in Oz, and having been a recipient of their corporate hospitality I can attest to their willingness to go the extra mile to look after their clients and customers - plus the Monster Girls are GREAT! inhttp://www.google.co...iw=1280&bih=685

Perving again you can lead me Brian & Colin to them in 3 weeks

Absolutely agree. Most bike fans are as interested in the bike and equipment, as much as they in the riders. In speedway the attention is almost exclusively rider driven.

100% agree. speedway will never attract this kind of fan as they cannot buy and use a similar product on the road or motocross track etc.

look at the main players in speedway . Jawa, in other motocycle sports the only place you would see this make is maybe on the jet wash :rofl: . very poor product.

gm, the most popular engine but yet again very poor design and not really been improved for years. then again to be better than jawa i suppose they dont need to.

none of the big companies will ever get onboard as no money it it for them. KTM could if they wanted to and would produce the best engine in very little time. as red bull is there main sponsor maybe this would be good competion for monster :D

But it's raising awareness of the sport, which it so desperately needs. There obviously has to be something in it for Monster to become the main sponsor? Surely the figures are huge and either way it will only do the sport some good.

I also am very pleased to see a 'major' brand name sponsoring the sport. It should by rights put Speedway into the minds of many people with a drip drip effect. However, a necessary and still missing requirement would be for the sponsors to actually acknowledge the sport on their website which covers a multitude of sports. I certainly think we'd be dispirited if a poll was taken of Monster employees as to their awareness of the sport existing.

Just gone to the 'Monster' home page and can't find any mention of Speedway in either the main menus or various submenus and drop-down menus. I know they have a couple of articles on their site somewhere as i found them by Googling. It's been more than enough time to put up a a section on Speedway since their announcement.

Wondering what they classify Speedway as because it isn't listed under any of following - with the first being the most obvious category.

Two Wheel Dirt~~~Supercross, Motocross, Freeestyle Motocross, EnduroCross. I've drilled down into this section and no Speedway category to be seen.

Two Wheel Asphalt (hey! you never know lol)~~~MotoGP, World Superbike, AMA Superbike, Stunt Riding.

Action Sports~~~BMX, Mountain Biking, Skateboarding, Downhill.

It is indeed a good sponsorship for the sport as some of these companies are very competitive and keep an eye on each other's marketing and sponsorship strategies. We have more chance of attracting the eye of major companies if one is already involved in the sport.

Edited by manchesterpaul

does Greg Hancock still have some business links with Monster other than his sponsorship. wasn't it something to do with he owned part of the company that distributes Monster in Sweden

does Greg Hancock still have some business links with Monster other than his sponsorship. wasn't it something to do with he owned part of the company that distributes Monster in Sweden

NO he doesn't ... think Coca Cola took over the distribution in Sweden. Still has a sponsorship, as do Chris Holder and Antonio Lindback along with Tomasz Gollob.

I agree that it would be nice for the sponsors to give "a plug" for their sponsorees. Have visited 'Monster' with no mention, but to give them the benefit of the doubt maybe they're waiting to have some footage to show later in the year with their logo present. ;)

I agree that it would be nice for the sponsors to give "a plug" for their sponsorees. Have visited 'Monster' with no mention, but to give them the benefit of the doubt maybe they're waiting to have some footage to show later in the year with their logo present. ;)

A few days back the Monster website had a huge photo of Tomasz Gollob on the front page. Sadly the sport and none of the sponsored riders are listed anywhere :(