British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

British Under 21 Championship Dudley 24th April

Ref was spot on with his decisions on track..But failed miserably to keep the meeting moving on at a a decent pace,,rediculously long waits on race re-runs.....A few bags of sawdust on the first turn may have cut out some of the numerous falls there The old 20 heat s formular with the top scorer winning the title ,with a run off with those tied on points,,is a better ,fairer system,,,And the winner would have been one of the two best riders on the night... I am of the view that one race shoot outs rarely produce the right winner...Joe had the best gate in the final in my opinion at that stage of the meeting, without having the choice and took good advantage of it... good to see him getting back to something like himself ...but the best rider on the night did,nt win..because of the floored formular....

himself ...but the best rider on the night did,nt win..because of the floored formular....

the best rider didnt win last night because unfortunately he went through the tapes,no other reason

the best rider didnt win last night because unfortunately he went through the tapes,no other reason

I will buy two bags of pegs and some of that lucky heather you sell.

I will buy two bags of pegs and some of that lucky heather you sell.

Only 2?? tight git

Best rider on the night was Richie Worrall,no doubt,but the winner of the final in the champ,at that was Joe Haines,please for Joe after the rough time he has had

May ppst was in reply to Waco who i disagreed with on the formular being the down fall of the best rider on the night,

Only 2?? tight git

Best rider on the night was Richie Worrall,no doubt,but the winner of the final in the champ,at that was Joe Haines,please for Joe after the rough time he has had

May ppst was in reply to Waco who i disagreed with on the formular being the down fall of the best rider on the night,

Yeah 2 have you not heard there is a recession on. :D

The way these meetings go its about qualifying and making sure that you a least make the semi;- finals, end of the day anyone of the top 6 can win through this system.

End of the day young Worrall was unlucky to not get a rostrum place, be that the winner, second or third.

Yeah 2 have you not heard there is a recession on. :D

The way these meetings go its about qualifying and making sure that you a least make the semi;- finals, end of the day anyone of the top 6 can win through this system.

End of the day young Worrall was unlucky to not get a rostrum place, be that the winner, second or third.

Are we going to get a meeting on tommorrow night??? thats more important

The best rider in 4 of his races was Richie Worrall, the best rider in the Final was Joe Haines, someone posted earlier Richies clutch went on the line, if it did then thats bad luck, but if he just tried to get a flyer, then theres no bad luck involved. :wink:

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 2

At home with his feet up; he is 26.

Brilliant!

Are we going to get a meeting on tommorrow night??? thats more important

Looking at the rain that has fallen today and the forecast for tomorrow its looking very unlikely.

That will be 3 weeks without a home meeting, even Mrs Spin is get upset about it.

if tom perry could gate he would have won the meeting,feel sorry for richie,howarth was lucky to be in final after the way he wiped out newman and steve in the semi,on the refereeing side of the meeting i thought he got all the decisions right apart from the semi,well done joe on winning.

Could someone who was at the meeting confirm how many rides Ben Reade had, and how many points he scored please?

Could someone who was at the meeting confirm how many rides Ben Reade had, and how many points he scored please?

3 points from 3 rides.

Ref was spot on with his decisions on track..But failed miserably to keep the meeting moving on at a a decent pace,,rediculously long waits on race re-runs.....A few bags of sawdust on the first turn may have cut out some of the numerous falls there The old 20 heat s formular with the top scorer winning the title ,with a run off with those tied on points,,is a better ,fairer system,,,And the winner would have been one of the two best riders on the night... I am of the view that one race shoot outs rarely produce the right winner...Joe had the best gate in the final in my opinion at that stage of the meeting, without having the choice and took good advantage of it... good to see him getting back to something like himself ...but the best rider on the night did,nt win..because of the floored formular....

I thought the ref did well all things considered. If a rider falls and is back in the re-run, he should be allowed sufficient time to check for any machinery issues and to repair them if possible. The ref should give riders a fair amount of time, and not just stick the 2 minutes on straight away for the hell of it.

I can't remember the exact time when the meeting finished but I guess it was about 10.30pm? 3 hours to stage 25 heats with the various falls, spills and incidents doesn't seem too bad to me at all.

The only thing that slightly bugged me was the 125 and 250cc races. A great addition to the meeting, but which bright spark decided to stage all 3 125cc races on a trot at the start of the meeting, and then all 3 250cc races on a trot later in the evening? Surely mixing them up a bit would've been a better idea? Or maybe it's just me.

Considering it rained for pretty much exactly an hour prior to the start of the meeting, I thought the track held up really well. It's a technical track, and if you add in an hour's worth of rain, it's usually a very messy combination! The first half a dozen heats were always going to be tricky but the track settled down well after that I thought.

On this occasion, I don't think sawdust was necessary. Sawdust is not always ideal. It can make a track "clumpy" or so I've been told before. I tend to look at sawdust as a last resort.

The biggest disappointment of the night was the food, which was truly horrendous.

Congrats to Joe Haines. Great to see him up there again after the last few seasons he's had.

Commisserations to Richie Worrall. I'd loved to seen him win it, but I guess it wasn't meant to be on this occassion.

Edited by MrMungo

Shame that Richie didn't get on to the podium. He rode so well, however a little bit of luck is needed at these events and I'm pleased Joe had some of that last night, he's had a terrible year or so. well done Joe! Richie's day will come!